Best Skald race

A

/anon

Whats race is the best for RvR (Skald) I know there isnt a "best over all" but I wanna hear your views, shoot away =P

A

Archeon

hmm...

as no middy class has a bonus over the others in charisma (skald stat) the only way to tell is by how you want to play. kobbys would be a bad choice because skalds can only use small shields ( :( ), trolls (in my opinion) are only good for zerkas and possibly thanes.

my norse skald kicks ass, but its rare i see a dwarf skald....

yeah, i think norse people make the best skalds :)

M

morabiliz

I would go for Troll since small shield is rather crappy and you can't spec in it.

Troll +10 CON, STR, QUE and use 2H weapon.

W

wolvon fury

I would say norse,

I have a troll Skald, and its a pain, you can never sneak up one anythink, your just a big sig saying "Beef jerkey" on it,

Go norse

O

old.Krusha

aye love my kobbie skald.. but in the endgame its no big difference.. trolls are good in the beginning (more dmg output on styles) as is d0rfs (more hp) but kobbies is just cooler =) norse is the middle path good beginner stats all around

L

Loveless

Kobalds imo!

Kobalds look sexy in chain :>

W

wolvon fury

On serious note,

Skald stats:str,dex,Chrisma

Kabold:50 str
:50 con
:70 dex

A Kabold would have a huge advantage of being small, and looking like a shaman (makeing assassins learn the hard way)

But since your con dosent riase every level,
I suggest you make sure your always buffed, get as many con+item's as possable,

As trying a lurikeen Champion, with no self str/con buffs and no buff at all, i found soloing a yellow very hard,

A Kabold might have it a bit hard at low levels, but a high levels,
Probilly won't notice a diffrance,...

O

osy

before I decided to go skald, I played 3 zerks... all dwarfs, everytime. So I thought, hell, I hate norse, and I will have the advantage of going small dwarf, rvr compliant, etc.

best choice for a skald would be Troll, imo. You get high dmg out due to high str, and if you are playing rvr in big groups, its ok.
Norse makes the worst choice, since they dont excel in anything, I've seen skald norse going down faster than any other race in rvr, and pve. Dwarfs have the advantage of hp, and investing in quickness makes you a killing machine.
I camp gorge now and then, or I just form a gank squad and run around there... dwarf makes it alive 70% of the time. Being a dwarf makes the enemy think you are a pure fighter, or healer... they dont expect 2x shouts, mezz, then gankage.

go Dorfies !!

O

old.Mobstomper

Lamus what difference just it make you would just r0x0r with any 1337 r4c3 :rolleyes:

N

Nightchill

Norse or Dwarf prob the best.
Trolls have the huge disadvantage of being so easily targetted in RvR. People see you coming a mile away.

Best bet might be to read through the ign boards, a ton of discussed to death identical posts on just this :)

O

old.Cruel Heart

troll for every1 who doesnt play with 1 hand

B

bult

TROLL FFS, who cares about how u look they enemy will see you anyways, trolls do most dmg. Saying trolls is a nr1 target is stupid if that was the case then trolls are uber anything that keeps the casters/healer safe is good.

R

Radghast

have run into alot of skalds ovre the past few dys while soloing in odins, and i have killed them all except!! the little kobold bugger, A i found it bloddy hard to target him what with speed and size. but when he came in for the kill he hit me for big dmg, more than the troll skald whi i had just killed. i l8r learned the guy was only 48 so in 2 more lvls and a few more realm ranks that guy is gonna be a pain

to sum up. trolls smell...kobolds rule :)

N

Nightchill

For whoever said Trolls do the most damage.. that's true but the difference isn't exactly huge. Extra damage due to str is based on diminishing returns, by level 50 the extra 30 points (or 20 since not much point putting +10 in a trolls str for a skald) doesn't have a huge impact.

W

wolvon fury

Trolls are way over-rated, they give up to much dex/qui for there str, and Stand out way to much,

I used to try soloing with m troll skald, but to hard, sure there tree's, but still to damn big!!

Norse,Dwarf,Kabold

F

-fonS-

Id say troll ... they got str con and same charisma as all other races ... what more do u want ? so what he sees u a mile a way ? after the new bonus rp per groupmember group in rvr is the way to go

but i gotta admit i see the cool part of beeing kobold skald .. and if i was making one that would be the 2 races to choice between in my case .. cause admit it ... kobolds own ... + when u ride it feals like u ride fast .. not like troll where it feals like ur riding backwards :(

fonS rare emain spawn out...

O

old.Skallagrim

Howdy.
Choose a kobie mate. Not only are they cuddly, they are quite good as well. I have a kobie skald and he has had no problems whatsoever soloing yellows. And apart from the " HAHAAAA tricked ya!!!"- in RvR it's just hilarious to see how those small little blue drumsticks of legs hammer on with speed song... not to mention the ponies big as dogs every time you ride.

If ya want the best possible super-skald, hmm, then don't choose kobie. But if ya want fun playing, choose a kobie.

PS. just the idea of a troll singing the Song of Harmony makes me wanna throw up ;)

O

old.Leel

Trolls are gimps. The huge strength looks nice, but the dex and qui suffer too much, they are far too slow and also big targets. People are also more afraid of getting hit by a big frightening troll so you get targeted more. I'd say any other race would make a good skald. I'd probably go dwarf though, because skalds are a hybrid class and get less hp than healers/shamans.

E

Etha.

Norseman,
10:Str, 10:Con, 10:Char
46 Battlesongs, 44 Hammer, 17 Parry

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Etha.
Norseman,
10:Str, 10:Con, 10:Char
46 Battlesongs, 44 Hammer, 17 Parry
Swap swords for hammer and that's identical to how I'm going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom