Best RvR char?

friky

Fledgling Freddie
hi m8s.. could i please have some advise on the best rvr char.. i like 2 be in the acction but i dont wanna be grp dependent

Zdeath

Banned
There is no 'Best RvR char'.

But there are deffo the overpowered classes, the fotm classes, and the gimpy classes. It's about the player making the character, not vice-versa.
I can't really suggest anything until I get an idea of what you really want to play as, your play style, and what role.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Sorc; great solo, duo and fg. Required in full groups, required in most duos.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Sorc; great solo, duo and fg. Required in full groups, required in most duos.

Well said.

Imo xbow specced armsmen aint grped enough . . . :cheers:

Seriously, Zdeath summed it up well - depends on your play style and what you bring to the characters. Some people love casters and others prefer tanks. Some like fotm and some prefer gimped. Take ya pick :drink:

/bow

Corran

Part of the furniture
As already said.. sorc is good character for everything.. Solo/small group you got lifetap to keep you alive.

Grouped your needed for the mezz/interupts and extra damage.

Solo or grouped you got lots of tools depending on spec - Lifetap, spec dd, mezz, root, pet charm, debuffs (dex ones very helpful) and ontop of this you have your own speed. Great for solo having speed.

ALSO..

Theurg is great fun i find, most enjoyable toon to play in my opinion. The problem though is you got no way to heal yourself, so spend a ton on health pots or sitting down resting.. ofcourse if you play well may not be an issue...

Stun pets, nuke pets, great spec dd, root, mezz and speed are just some of the tools....

Possibly

CAbalist - Nearsight, lifetap, disease, pet (stun one included) etc. Is not bad and self sufficient due to the lifetap.. BUT major downfall is no speed.

You notice i named just casters.. main reason is a speed issue. You want to kill fast and get out of there before get adds, but also because you be running around looking for a fight alot and so it better to have self speed then to crawl along

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
friky said:
hi m8s.. could i please have some advise on the best rvr char.. i like 2 be in the acction but i dont wanna be grp dependent

Make an infil, and camp bridges! depends on your style of play.. a good alround class is deffo sorc.. Lajftapping is teh way.. I made 91k in 5 hours, in a duo, with my sorc..

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Every class you know how to play tbh ;) ofc some are harder then others but if you really know what you are doing with it its not that big a differnce ..

Mincers aint bad for what you want ;) same goes for sorc...

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Smellysox said:
Sorc or clerics will always be wanted !
huh? clerics always wanted?`not true... only grps a person can get is guild grps..

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Dimmer said:
huh? clerics always wanted?`not true... only grps a person can get is guild grps..

Three reasons you probably can't get groups:

Bufferboten (RR4L2 ML5 cle)

[highlight]Buff[/highlight]er[highlight]bot[/highlight]en <- here's the first mistake; groups will instantly dismiss you.

[highlight]RR4L2[/highlight] <- too low to have any decent RA setup, low survivability, low utility brought to the group over another cleric.

[highlight]Knights of the Round Table[/highlight] <- guilds with roleplaying names are instantly "dismissed" by a lot of groups, as they aren't seen to be RVR proficient.

However, there is a solution:

Make your own groups. Start and organise PUGs and you will earn respect, a name and a lot of RPs.

(Note: This was in no way a flame, just pointing some things out from perspective of someone who runs a lot of groups).

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:
Three reasons you probably can't get groups:

[highlight]Buff[/highlight]er[highlight]bot[/highlight]en <- here's the first mistake; groups will instantly dismiss you.

[highlight]RR4L2[/highlight] <- too low to have any decent RA setup, low survivability, low utility brought to the group over another cleric.

[highlight]Knights of the Round Table[/highlight] <- guilds with roleplaying names are instantly "dismissed" by a lot of groups, as they aren't seen to be RVR proficient.

However, there is a solution:

Make your own groups. Start and organise PUGs and you will earn respect, a name and a lot of RPs.

(Note: This was in no way a flame, just pointing some things out from perspective of someone who runs a lot of groups).

the only reason why rod'n'andy keeps dasbuffbot in synergy, i recon is because they know shit german :p

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
friky said:

Sorc, easily one of the fastest classes to solo / group quickly with.

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Dimmer said:
I disagree i got a RVR group with my bb in about 5 mins of spamming broad , if u cant get a rvr group with a rej cleric you must be doing something seriously wrong or named something liek "buffbottsgivenheals" etc ...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
You fucking love it, now on your knees! :eek:
I thought you were gonna be taking it this time? :(
Smellysox said:
I disagree i got a RVR group with my bb in about 5 mins of spamming broad , if u cant get a rvr group with a rej cleric you must be doing something seriously wrong or named something liek "buffbottsgivenheals" etc ...
They prolly got fed up with your spamming :d

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Around half the text in our alliance chat is "any clerics lfg?" if you need any more convincing :)

Dorimor1

Banned
eggy said:

Lol sorry but that point is a bit silly! Its about the player not the name of the guild.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Dorimor1 said:
Lol sorry but that point is a bit silly! Its about the player not the name of the guild.

That's true although the prestige of a certain guild will often reflect better on the player. Player from a more well-known (successful) rvr guild is more likely to have more chance of getting a group than someone from a guild with less respect etc.

Not that they're aren't exceptions ofc. Andrilyn's in AoD but he sucks the big one :(

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
so you'll never get higher, since no groups will invite you, gogo RvR, just another reason why I only go to BG and not big RvR :m00:

Dorimor1

Banned
Vladamir said:
That's true although the prestige of a certain guild will often reflect better on the player. Player from a more well-known (successful) rvr guild is more likely to have more chance of getting a group than someone from a guild with less respect etc.

Not that they're aren't exceptions ofc. Andrilyn's in AoD but he sucks the big one :(

Yea you have a point but I was referring to the name of the guild not as much as the prestige. I agree that how good the guild is can reflect on a players quality but the name of the guild itself doesn't really matter, seems I didn't really make that clear :(

Eggy was basically saying that if you have a guild called 'Guards of Valor' who were the best guild on the server you are more likely to get invited if you were in a guild called 'Maelstrom' or 'Doooom' or something :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom