Best RPG to Play Online

C

Cavex ElSaviour

EVE isnt so good imho, then again, it's personal. warhammer lookds damn nice , but will take another year (maybe 2) before its on retail.

Daco is just a damn fun/addictive game. In the beginning from it's totally the game and that advances to the comunity. wel.. atleast thats my case on pryd/alb.

W

wilhald

SB seems very nice, I've only played a few hours though. Great variety of classes and skills. From what I've read the classes are pretty even. Runs pretty smoothly as far as I've seen, graphics aren't too impressive but not bad either. It's great to explore a new world though! :)

It's pretty hard to get used to the point-click moving system and the camerapanning. The interface could have been better, it's too much clicking to get info and perform tasks like grouphandling and such. But I guess that it's something to get used to.

If I got it right XP will not be split when grped, everyone will get the same amount of xp from a mob no matter if you're alone or fg. Not 100% sure about this though.

I need a bit more time to see if I get hooked or not. Is there anyone from exc who plays it btw?

C

~Clarky~

if you have access to Sky Digital - it saw a 5min video clip of horizons and all's i can say is WOW.

It looks amazing !!!!

Although, it seems not to be focused 'as much' upon DaoC/Eq style of land, and seems more Asian feel to it , like Pagoda's everywhere, loads of temples etc.

Was on that crappy Italian computer game channel (223 iirc )

C

chi_

Originally posted by mung
Shadowbane looks good, little rough, but not bad...but whats this.....

" European Beta suspended
Due to the current company situation, the Shadowbane Beta will be suspended from today 14.30 (GMT+1).
The european Beta will most likely restarted as soon as internal decisions are made about the progress of shadowbane in europe.

We are very sorry, but we have to make this step until things clear up.

When a decision is made all acounts will still be valid and most likely the characters and the world will be used again. The Beta Board will remain open for further discussions and announcements.

We will keep you informed about the progress"

Thats from the shadowbane website dated 12th feb
http://www.shadowbane.de/index.php?lang=eng

It's easy enough to play on the US servers though, ignore those who say it isn't :) Euro servers won't be around for a looong while due to Swing going bankrupt.

Originally posted by wilhald
SB seems very nice, I've only played a few hours though. Great variety of classes and skills. From what I've read the classes are pretty even. Runs pretty smoothly as far as I've seen, graphics aren't too impressive but not bad either. It's great to explore a new world though! :)

It's pretty hard to get used to the point-click moving system and the camerapanning. The interface could have been better, it's too much clicking to get info and perform tasks like grouphandling and such. But I guess that it's something to get used to.

If I got it right XP will not be split when grped, everyone will get the same amount of xp from a mob no matter if you're alone or fg. Not 100% sure about this though.

I need a bit more time to see if I get hooked or not. Is there anyone from exc who plays it btw?

That's one of the good things about SB, the fact that you don't spend most of your time levelling just to become able to play the entire point of the game, RvR, or Guild vs Guild in SB.
Quite a few of us from exc play, I've ordered the game along with Sharpo, and 3-4 players I know have already left DAoC for it. Can't wait for it to arrive myself :)

D

dunny_dunny

yeh i quite enjoyed neocron. It was refreshing and wait for it.....had vehicles! Even though the game was severy bugged and had a chronic shortage of players (most of whom only spoke german, and no i didnt join a german server) it was good fun. Buying rifles and shotguns and then modding them was nice:):)

Anyway, daoc is the best.

F

fanaticalace

Save yourself before its too late mate!!

Once you wander down this dark path there is no turning back ;)

E

Easy

World of Warcraft and Dragon Empires look
like the best MMORPGs until now. I would
suggest waiting for one of them to come
out.

I must add, WoW looks REALLY awesome
- so it is really worth the wait IMO.

D

dylan32

Dragon empires looks the most promising IMO.

World of warcaft could be good (has a good background to base the game on) but the graphics look very cartoonish and may give the game an unrealistic flavour...

But, da da da da da da DAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Origin are currently developing a new Ultima game which will be based on the unreal 2 engine! So it will look immense, and will hopefully be as deep as the original.

M

mestoph

WoW, probably will suffer like all blizzard games. Months and Months of delays.

SWG will be flooded when it gets here. As for release date, most people very much doubt it will be June now in the US. Even people in the beta say it has no chance. Quoting from Beta News:

"Yes, I know, you want an official release date announcement from us. What makes matters worse is I want to tell you. However, you and I must be patient until the Powers That Be deem it the right time to tell us. I apologize to you for having to wait, but as I mentioned before we should be getting some important announcements in the next week or so."

So in a week or so, we might have a Gold release date. Then it takes over a week for that to be onsale date (shipping and printing). So its probably going to be First week in July. So european release would remain the same, unless they had server problems in the US.

But i'll play it and make a Jedi Master anyhow. Char deletion will just slow the process down a bit.

D

Draigo

SWG :clap: what can i say in beta , just hope WoW has some really innovative gameplay , as those graphics are laughable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom