Best RM spec to FG RvR nowadays ?

arcofirme

Fledgling Freddie
Just that i ve reading a lot about many RM specs but i dont get it clear.

Seems that the most used r :
47dark / 26supp (i think this one lose bolt and debuff stuff really useful to debuff my SM FG mates)

or

22dark /11 supp /48 rune (this one lose NS and is used just to debuff)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Im thinking to spec this way

29 dark 26 supp 37 rune
to get all stuff, second spec bolt, 30 debuff cold, blue ns, almost good cold dmg base dark with the cold debuff

Any suggestions would be great

ripperbil

Fledgling Freddie

47dark / 26supp (i think this one lose bolt and debuff stuff really useful to debuff my SM FG mates)

or

29 dark 26 supp 37 rune
to get all stuff, second spec bolt, 30 debuff cold, blue ns, almost good cold dmg base dark with the cold debuff

N00B

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Ignore Ripperbil. I understand he's a player variously known as Saaug, Hansi, Cezarix, with many other alts. He's a grade A asshole. I don't think I'd be overstating it to say most of the people playing Mid have some unsavoury tale to tell about this guy. I have first hand experience of this myself.

On the RM question though, I'm afraid I can't help you (never levelled one myself).

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Rm

Dark 20 Supp 4 Runecarving 50 is how I specced my RM.

Gets you the threee best nukes and red debuffs (not sure what you meant in your post about debuffing your mates). The Supp you only need as far as to get Bladeturn and Dam Add for the group.

With 75% Power Pool, as long as they're far enough away she can pwn red cons.

Not sure how this might be different for RvR fights but RMs are as good as any other caster.

As Kvadi says, ignore the boor - everybody else does.

:england:

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Rulke had a pretty tastey dark carver spec, was nasty in rvr, i'll try and grab it off him when i see him next and chuck it in this thread

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie

or

29 dark 26 supp 37 rune

I'm specced 48/22/11 on my rm atm. She is 11L2 and it's by far the best spec I've had. And U do NOT lose ns at 11 sup U got 25% ns.

U do more damage with debuffed base dark nukes than dark rm does with non debuffed spec nuke, U have highest bolts and best debuff for grp m8s (dark rm/sm)

The last spec I can't see any use for in rvr U gimp spec bolt and loose best debuff for totally gimped pbt and 7 more dark wich imo is of no use.

I would spec dark (several variations from 47-50) at low rr and then change to darkcarver around rr7.

Dunno What U use the rm for but in pve darkcarver is totally over powered. Nuking purp con tower captain for 1200+ with base nuke several times is just stupid.

Only problem is the power :drink:

Thats my 2 cents hope U could use it.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Dark 20 Supp 4 Runecarving 50 is how I specced my RM.

Gets you the threee best nukes and red debuffs (not sure what you meant in your post about debuffing your mates). The Supp you only need as far as to get Bladeturn and Dam Add for the group.

With 75% Power Pool, as long as they're far enough away she can pwn red cons.

Not sure how this might be different for RvR fights but RMs are as good as any other caster.

As Kvadi says, ignore the boor - everybody else does.

:england:

;) rm is as good as any other caster. Well I do NOT agree ;) rm is one of the weakest caster if not the weakest.

BTW that spec is prolly nice in pve but would work really poor rvr compared to the other specs.

I assume U don't debuff nuke? or if U do U suffer 2 very important points in dark and U loose ns wich is basically essential if U solo just abit.

If U don't debuff nuke then U have a base nuke that is 15% slower and hits for ½ the ammount of the debuffed dark nuke. Big problem but it might work I just think other specs would be more usefull RvR. :drink:

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I've had 2 different speccs on my RM and they were.

1. 47 RC rest supp

2. 48 RC, 22 dark, 11 supp

Both are viable and really nice whatever RR you are.

Even ran with another RM who was 50 supp, that was a blast. His specc ae slowed em all down so my spears hurt em like hell. Thou I think dark specced rm's are really evul when it comes to pure damage.

cmr

Banned
Disagree when you say RMs are the most gimped casters around, you have bolts that do energy damage which everyone gimps, ns, speed, ae energy nuke, gtaoe for keep takes and self debuff nuking which SM/BD/Dark RM can assist without having to cast another debuff for there damage type

One of the nicest casters in the game and if you have played one to rr11 and played another caster and dont think its a decent class then your only fooling yourself

As for spec the only way to go imo, high rr or low RR is dark carver 48 rc 22 dark 11 supp

Last bolt, cold debuff, ae spears :D enough dark to have decent varence, i wouldnt lower it anymore than 22 to get a better NS its just not worth it as grey ns does the job, such a fast cast speed you can spam it on several targets and it will land eventually and interupt, a green ns wont have much more chance of ilanding.

Just make sure you have CW, EP and JS for power, with power pots and a mordom mind bracer aswell and 40%+ power pool in your template and you should be fine

And dont listen to hansi, hes a clueless idiot that ran 47 rc 26 supp and used the 3 second energy nuke and is one of the worst players i have seen, proof any idiot can get high rr by ebay and zerging.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
As far as I recall, I was 50 dark, 19-20 supp, 4-7 RC. Spec DD/debuff + DD worked really great even though it's cold damage. I've also tried 48 RC, 22 dark, 11 supp, however I tended to like the first spec better.

It's really only a matter of personal taste though, as I see it - in my opinion, with RC, my baseline nukes had a too large damage variance, whereas with full dark, my specnuke had little to no damage variance, making it very steady damage.

- Naus

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Disagree when you say RMs are the most gimped casters around, you have bolts that do energy damage which everyone gimps, ns, speed, ae energy nuke, gtaoe for keep takes and self debuff nuking which SM/BD/Dark RM can assist without having to cast another debuff for there damage type

One of the nicest casters in the game and if you have played one to rr11 and played another caster and dont think its a decent class then your only fooling yourself

As for spec the only way to go imo, high rr or low RR is dark carver 48 rc 22 dark 11 supp

Last bolt, cold debuff, ae spears :D enough dark to have decent varence, i wouldnt lower it anymore than 22 to get a better NS its just not worth it as grey ns does the job, such a fast cast speed you can spam it on several targets and it will land eventually and interupt, a green ns wont have much more chance of ilanding.

Just make sure you have CW, EP and JS for power, with power pots and a mordom mind bracer aswell and 40%+ power pool in your template and you should be fine

And dont listen to hansi, hes a clueless idiot that ran 47 rc 26 supp and used the 3 second energy nuke and is one of the worst players i have seen, proof any idiot can get high rr by ebay and zerging.

Didn't say rm was gimped and I find it nice to play BUT compared to other casters it's a weak class.

just some exsamples wiz has all the same tools as rm (except speed oh and debuff for base nuke but they have for both spec nukes so) but only neeed to spec 2 lines and get better bolts better, spec nuke and 1 min :eek7: debuff for their snare nuke in same spec line.

Cabby can ns and debuff nuke like darkcarver no bolts but baseline lt (lols) wich he debuff and it delves same damage as rm base dark nuke, and un CC able ml9 pet.

Not even gonna mention more of sorc, theurg, chanter, eld or bainshee.

The "rest" of the hibs casters except ani has baseline stun wich basically > all that rm has if U are solo (ns is very nice tho).

We can agree on the nice util of rm in grps with the debuff and ns, but as debuffer eld can do the same for bainshee and has more util, and cabby does it for sorc and have more util and way better survival rate than rm.

All that aside rm is fun to play but it still is one of the weakest casters.

Totally agree that 47/26 is not a viable spec for rvr tho. U get crappy debuff for caster train pratically no nuke for yourself ( as said 15% slower and hit for around half the damage) but U get a ns that is slightly better. Solo or grp'ed it's a no go but some would prolly find it funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom