Best New Mobile Phone/Contract

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
My current phone is about to die, so I've decided to get a new contract and mobile.

Any thoughts on the latest and greatest mobile phones around? Also, any internet-based phone shops with great value contracts?

I was looking at the D800s on www.mobileexpress.co.uk.

Cheers for any advice.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Ah forgot to mention, would prefer O2 as the network.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
if you are a student then orange and t mobile do some decent things, as do three.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a professional, not a student.

Tilda

ahahah
<breathes>
ahahahahahah

oh, wait, you're serious rod?! :p
:fluffle:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
ahahah
<breathes>
ahahahahahah

oh, wait, you're serious rod?! :p
:fluffle:

Let me just look at my paycheque.

Yes, that looks professional enough to me, student scum.

Gamah

Banned
Don't touch LG's with a barge pole, Shite menuing systems, tacky and cheap feeling..and don't last a year without bits falling off or breaking..

If you want a quality solid handset that feels like a phone, and will last a year + I recommend the Sony Ericsson W810i.

I worked for Orange for 2 years a few years back so I know my phones ;)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Funnily I was talking with a mate last night who is on about changing his phone - we both agreed neither of us would ever buy another Sony phone - I have had 2 both with problems crashing when skipping thru menu's, he has had 3 with the same type of problems - all diff models as well I think and we know of at least 2 other people who have had Sony's that have had probs - either the software that comes with them is more suited to a ZX81 or as a group we have been the unluckiest ever with phones. Had a Motorola for almost a yr and its never crashed on me yet so I can only go on what I know - Motorola for me if/when I bother to change it.

Alternative option - just stick a hoody on with a burberry cap and go mug people for their phones - soon enough you should find some pay as you go ones on with credit as well - then all ya calls will be free and you will have a lovely selection of networks to chose from to make sure when you call a mates phone you can do it on the same network - cheap as chips!!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
A work colleague just got a very good looking Nokia. Only trouble is they are moving to a 'tiny' power connector, and it won't stay in. Phones you can't charge ftl.

Darzil

B

Biggilus

I've had my V3 (Motorola) since they first came out and never had any problems, and I rekcon it still looks the best out there. Also with O2, greta tarrifs and deals they do (O2 online) and owuldnt switch to anyone else. Heard from far too many people that 3 network is absolutely shocking, I didn;t have much fun with T-mobile either (crap reception where I live). Orange were good to me when I was with them years ago too.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The new V3 with video messaging and stuff should be cool aswell, I had a V3 which I broke then got a V3i alot more memory than the normal one.

Gamah

Banned
evzy said:
Funnily I was talking with a mate last night who is on about changing his phone - we both agreed neither of us would ever buy another Sony phone - I have had 2 both with problems crashing when skipping thru menu's, he has had 3 with the same type of problems - all diff models as well I think and we know of at least 2 other people who have had Sony's that have had probs - either the software that comes with them is more suited to a ZX81 or as a group we have been the unluckiest ever with phones. Had a Motorola for almost a yr and its never crashed on me yet so I can only go on what I know - Motorola for me if/when I bother to change it.

Alternative option - just stick a hoody on with a burberry cap and go mug people for their phones - soon enough you should find some pay as you go ones on with credit as well - then all ya calls will be free and you will have a lovely selection of networks to chose from to make sure when you call a mates phone you can do it on the same network - cheap as chips!!

Sony Ericssons? or Sony's? Samsung and LG handsets we had huge returns on when I worked for Orange. However Nokia and Sony Ericssons we had the least returns/problems with..guess you were just unlucky :p The Sony Ericsson T68 was shit..but SE have come along way since then.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Darzil said:
A work colleague just got a very good looking Nokia. Only trouble is they are moving to a 'tiny' power connector, and it won't stay in. Phones you can't charge ftl.

Darzil

no problems with mine. even give you an adapter to connect to the old style chargers.

uron

Loyal Freddie
I would look on the O2 website if u definatly want a O2 contract u seem to get a better deal if u go through O2...
a few phones here : http://shop.o2.co.uk/affiliates/o2uk/jsp/showInfo.jsp?contentType=PayMonthlyDeals
I have a W800i and im bored of it already, camera is very nice though...the nokia N70 isn't a bad phone, maybe bit big though..depends wat u want. Also try and get the shortest contract you can, get a new phone quicker then :)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Mine were SE - had the T68i which was a waste of pocket space, then I think it was something like a Z660? flip model - my missus had one as well and we both had probs, my mate had whatever the equivalent was but standard handset not flip model - no idea what the model number was - his was just as bad as mine for crashing. My mate also had that new(ish) one with the 2.0mega pixel camera - also a pile of pants he said. Love Sony products normally but wouldnt touch the phones again with a large pointy stick.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i am with O2 cant fault them, even when i go home to the sticks i get full reception, as for a hand set there was a samsung (SGH-1300) in the latest PCFormat which caught my eye. i use a sony ericsson w559i atm and i cant wait until my contract runs out in october to get a new one, its crap.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Thats something though - I am with o2 and they are pretty decent to be fair, customer service has been good as well - and got a better deal online than through a shop - though I phoned them whilst sorting the deal online out and the girl I spoke to then bettered the online deal for me and gave me extra free x-network mins and txts on the same tariff and knocked a £1 off my actual standard bill - it all helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom