Best moments in DAoC?

S

Sard-Nair

Originally posted by the_fnord
Last night when I dinged 50 (Yay :D ) one guildie sittin crafting sumwhere on SI went out in /broad and asked everyone to congratt me!
Got about 10 "Gratts on 50 m8!" in 2 mins! :D Became quite overwhelmed! :)
Cheers to all that pmed me! :cheers:

Gratz on 50! :wub: :great:

S

Sard-Nair

Now i need to hit 50, Givf 50 from 32 or 27(in a pbae grp with my paladin) so i wont be far behind u, if ur on mid/hib excal i pwn j00

W

Waok

BEST:

Hitting 50 with my Reaver soloing the door mobs just inside AC, with .1 bub togo, it was so intense, each kill seemed a lifetime ;-) But I did it, and about 20 albs standing at door cheered and said gratz.. made me so proud ;-)

Anticipation about getting the fearsome Leviathan, fueled my desire to level to 50.

N

Naewae

My first most and memorable moment of sheer excitation was dinging 30 with my Pally (my first character,) training and then rushing out to wander Sals Plains looking for someone to rezz :)

I was chuffed to bits when I found myself a corpse. (sorry!)

I know everyone hates Pally rezzes now, but if you don't have a cleric........

Second has got to be ding 50 of course.

A

amazingsteve

One of my best moments was the CONGA!! Tugomer organised and took us to Emain :D

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Hrogar
The funniest thing ever must've been when my old guild, Imperial Dwarven Army (RIP), had guildhunts naked in Emain. Picture 20 nude dorfs, highest one being level 37 or something, running around Emain dancing with people. We actually took 3 albs down on the run, by accident. Never underestimate the power of naked dorfs :viking:

This was the first trip :)

(How I ever understood my qbar styles I will never know, so glad they changed them.)

B

Brunore

Had to be when I first started retail, I was a mid in beta.

At L15 in emain *everyone* was ptm and mid were camping the pk, I /y CHARGE!!! and everyone did!!!!

it was the first time I saw a Thane work his mojo and I was in awe of teh bloo hammers

I deleted and rolled a thane :)

T

the_smurflord

That wake other people mentioned was for Oggy, one of the founders of Terra Dominus.

For humour:
Getting 80 albs to form a line across the valley outside the mid portal keep in emain and dance at them for 20 mins.

For ego:
Soloing the dragon for almost a minute, managed to evade and land dragonfang on him 5 times in a row. (oh the irony).

F

-fwapp-

well a lvl 19 scout i was pling once evaded a lvl 60 mob heh

B

brite

killing a level 50 alb caster in df at the lilis, with the whole lilispawn beating on my ass, that broke his mezz / root :p

R

Roalith

Originally posted by the_smurflord

For humour:
Getting 80 albs to form a line across the valley outside the mid portal keep in emain and dance at them for 20 mins.

linedance.jpg

Seeing this screenshot of a classic Templar (Roleplaying guild on alb-pryd) miss-tell has to rank near though.

hendrick.jpg

B

bloodclot

logging in with my lvl35 2h savage in caledonia keep (bg3).

albs had keep. but i got 2 albs down before guards and albs got me.

U

umilard

Most fun moment was when me and my 2 friends finally became level 5 on the beta and decided to go for a journey in albion.. went towards snowdonia (running ofc).

Ran into a cabalist

We tried to attack the cablist pet thinking it was a troll and asked them if they were from another realm.

Aaaah, the n00bdays were the best! :p

R

Repent Reloaded

I had loads of cool moments, but the best by far is when I quit the game, I feel free! :)

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by Repent Reloaded
I had loads of cool moments, but the best by far is when I quit the game, I feel free! :)

damn :(

C

corentmm

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot

(How I ever understood my qbar styles I will never know, so glad they changed them.)

Admit it....they're all the same style just in case you miss ;)

Someone once gave me a Crackling Ebony Sunderer (a glowy friar staff) when I was about 25-30, I thought I looked real uber so I went to emain and used it to beat the snot out of a ranger at amg who shot at me (also evaded the arrow) - then got loads of 'owned' msgs from all the infs standing around :D

T

The Real Redi

Months and months back Aeth and Laird lead 30 or so PL, GK, TDS & OoTKT to take DC. The take went smooth n buy the numbers and we all sat back to defend - three trebs in the courtyard, one on the lords tower.

About 15 mins pass, and we'd seen a small force come up and be beaten back and the odd skirmish outside as people scouted in and out, but no biggies, then just as folk were thinking of leaving, the Mids came... loads of em, like 50/60 of em.

I swear to this day i have never seen Albs defend a keep with such precision and efficiency - after driving back the attackers and wrecking one ram from the first door, Laird gathered all the tanks in the courtyard and waited a mo til the Mids had stepped back to rest, then called the charge.

We're talking perhaps 20 tanks charged out, not all veterans, the sorcerors on the wall were bang on, the mini's mezzing like mentals - all Mids dead in about 5 minutes without a SINGLE alb death! :clap:

felt like we had just one the feckin world cup or something :)

My last view as i went home that night and it still makes me grin when i see it and remember how well everyone worked together...

That and the first month here, where i wandered around in a daze, wondering if i would ever manage to see all of this huge, huge place! :rolleyes: seems silly now really ;)

Y

yarrick

One of the most memorable moments for me was in DF, at the time I didn't realise each realm could enter it. I wasn't in a guild so I didn't get the keeptake message and didn't know that Midgard had DF. I was lvl 15 at the time and stood by merchants when something appeared in the corner of my eye, a small figure in black with a red name above his head. Someone shouted stealther and then I died rather quickly. That was my first ever sight of the enemy.

Damn kobolds!

L

Laston

i was in odin with guild group and then i got separeted. i decided to meet em at amg but when i came there a armswoman was there, first i was kinda scared (i was wearing epic and was not long since i dinged 50) so i ran and she followed after a lil while i decided, hell she got 2h i might aswell try so i turn around and /bow. at that exact second my guildies storm in from behind me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom