Best ML for a Merc

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
What will be the best ML path for a merc .. Battlemaster or Banelord .. and why pls ?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
still not decided myself tbh, banelord seems like the more 'offensive' path but has several bugs atm, so its a gamble that they get fixed within any reasonable timeframe (ie they still aint fixed on US yet afaik)

will decide when i get my copy of ToA i guess :p

think all alb grps need a banelord tho, possibly 2.

Gunny

Fledgling Freddie
I am going Battlemaster, no doubt realy. Banelord may have more usefull MAs, but none like Bodyguard. Its the single most powerfull MA imo.

Grapple is also very nice when you just have to stop someone from hitting a cleric/caster, not much used by mercs (very usefull for pallies) but still nice if you have to stop a enemy tank now!

Bodyguard on a cleric/caster is just so powerful, when used on a PBAE caster its simply overpowering.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
battlemaster has the nerfbat hanging over its head ;)

they'll improve bodyguard to be not quite so stupid (though it'll still be powerful I expect - just the "hide the lurikeen bodyguard inside the firbolg druid" or the "infiltrator bodyguarding from stealth" things won't last ;))

stighelmer

Fledgling Freddie
On a related matter...

For my half ogre crush merc should i put:

+10 str, +10 con, +10 dex

or

+10 str, +10 con, +10 qui

? :)

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
If you run in a regular group, or generally group with the same people, I'd suggest you talk them and decide between you which way you're going to go. I think that if you have 2 Mercs in the group then you'll want to have one Battlemaster and one Banelord to give you greater flexibility and diversity.

stighelmer said:
On a related matter...

or

+15 str, +10 qui... ;)

Sigh

Fledgling Freddie
15 strengh 10 con/dex, take advantage of the fact you front load.
dex would be good incase you decide to go thrust.

*Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
stighelmer said:
On a related matter...

or

? :)

got 10 str 10 con 10 dex

I don't beleave in 15 str since I really doubt this +5 str would give you a great advantage:)

+10 quickness don't have sense:) :loads of haste effect items in TOA and always haste in group since theurgs are so powerfull,and you can always reduce the swing time using a faster left hand weapon.(when you swing whit both hands ofc )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom