Best Minstrel Spec?

R

rure

wanna go around and have red pets: 50inst, 43slash

wanna sneak around: 44inst, 34slash, 35 stealth

IMHO, the specc in 1.60 will be 50inst, 29slash, 31stealth.

A

Arwen

...How can you tame red pets when you can only ever do 110% of your level?

M

medowind

Once we get spec stones or a respec

50 inst 30 thrust (YES I KNOW IM GIMPED) 30 stealth

I am doing this because of
50 isnt gives you power song 5 and the new ablative bt, and also with +11 isnt and rr bonus get some nice group decimating red con pets (I wub mind worms or a nice frost stallion)
30 thrust well I get to keep my nice anti stealthier puncture, lunge combo
30 stealth i can jump off milegates and not lose heath!!!!!!!!!!!!!””£!£$!”£$!”£ (big woop but its better than nothing) and I can climb over keep walls and die thus making my group bitch at me for not plain the ablative song or something,

its 110% your lvl in isnt for a stable pet, but even so 50 +11 + lets say 4 = 65 you should be able to charm a lvl 67 mob quite happily (celleich anyone?)

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by medowind

its 110% your lvl in isnt for a stable pet, but even so 50 +11 + lets say 4 = 65 you should be able to charm a lvl 67 mob quite happily (celleich anyone?)

cap is lvl 57 afaik

R

rure

I think cap is lvl 58.. or thats what I have read.

O

old.BJ|Bored

ive petted red calleach guards when they were chasing me to cornwall station

took a lot of tries mind and didnt last v long ;p

H

hotrat

There is no cap afaik, I've charmed level 60 pets for a few seconds with 44+11+5 inst. Major spammage of teh charm button :)

Best spec in 1.60 is 50 inst, ~30 stealth, ~30 weapon for sure, that last ablative is essential imo.

H

hercules-df

hoho
if only we could get pets to port with us

T

thrylos

next patch ill go 50 inst 34+16 slash 26+16 stealth.. need 2 respec stones to do that :eek:

M

medowind

anyone know if we will be given a full respec becuse of the minsteral changes in 1.60?

O

old.LandShark

If, instead of answering that question, I just gave vent to a bitter scream... would you get the drift? :p

M

medowind

Feel free to do so (I still don’t get it, guess I have an iq less than my age), passes the time before someone does answer it ;p

O

old.Ramas

afaik, the pet level cap was pre 1.48ish, when mentalists and minstrels got the all new pets-which-attack-you-regularly feature.

Since then I always thought there is no hard level cap, but higher level pets attack you more.

As for respecs, nobody has got any new respecs since the 1.58 announcement that you can earn respecs in game.

All you have to do is kill the dragon *and* win the lotto for a respec stone. Oh, and the dragon gets harder to kill next patch.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

As of 1.61 you can also get respec stones as a rare drop off of sidi bosses, and realm respec stones from the grand summoner.

R

rure

I've heard unconfirmed rumours about GOA giving us and sorcs a respecc. That is because of the dragon is so easy killed in until 1.60 or something where it gets a boost.

But, dont listen to me.

B

bahamuts

I talked to goa and asked for a respec as I wont be able to get one of those stones.

they said no ofcourse, and started talking of those stones as I didnt know about them :)

S

skile

I'm gonna go 50 instruments, 43 slash. But I'm not making the minstrel to solo, only to play in FG's. Got my scout for stealthgrps/keepattacks/defense/solo.

S

skile

Originally posted by rure
I've heard unconfirmed rumours about GOA giving us and sorcs a respecc. That is because of the dragon is so easy killed in until 1.60 or something where it gets a boost.

But, dont listen to me.

Only char in albion which is entitled to a RA-respec is the Scout. Reason: Tanks got theirs when Purge/IP was changed. Now volley and longshot is changed. Unfair to say the least.

D

Danya

Originally posted by skile
Only char in albion which is entitled to a RA-respec is the Scout. Reason: Tanks got theirs when Purge/IP was changed. Now volley and longshot is changed. Unfair to say the least.
We're not talking about RAs we're talking skills.
Clerics got both RA and skill respec for spread heal / battery heal in 1.56 FYI.
However after 1.58 when they introduced stones, Mythic are now not giving out respecs as part of patches.

S

skile

Yeah, I know about the stones. And it's PLAIN idiotic and unfair not to give us a free RA respec.

V

.Venge

i guess if you want to do as much damage as possible with your blade.. do 50 slash 43 inst..

but after 1.60 i think 50 inst 43 slash will be the absolute extreme minstrel.. (thats if you dont want stealth)..

take a look at my time as 50 slash on htis site:
http://www.geocities.com/tssquad/daoc.htm

hope it was of any help..

G

Goryk

I was using charm to pull pygmy gobbos once and successfully charmed a purple con pygmy :D needless to say that poor gobbo lasted about 1 second until every gobbo in the house mauled him to death :p Only happened once in about 30 pulls though.

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by medowind
anyone know if we will be given a full respec becuse of the minsteral changes in 1.60?

nope =(

H

hotrat

lol kadoer those screenies, yer nice damage but the ones without buffs don't work and the ones with, well of course you do more damage when buffed :)
Also the first screenie the guy has porr resists and i dont think he is level 50, damage cap on your dd is higher than on the other shots.
The fight with Eragrim just proves how one sided fights can be when your buffed and your opponent isn't, how can you walk away from that fight and think oo that was fun, a real close fight there when he barely hit you !

V

.Venge

^^
dont hte one vs venum work? im unbuffed on that fight, and hit for 250.. anyway the screens are there to demostrate the dmg output cap..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom