Best Metallica song

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Four Horsemen
But I'm so old the last time I saw metallica in concert was when I was in 1989 when I was 16 so its no real suprise I like the old stuff

Gibberish

Fledgling Freddie
Enter Sandman is too commercial by far to be considered for the best Metallica song. Really hard to say which song could be considered their best. Certainly, Fade To Black needs to be up there somewhere

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Gota be Nothing Else Matters, S&M version. :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Gibberish said:
Enter Sandman is too commercial by far to be considered for the best Metallica song. Really hard to say which song could be considered their best. Certainly, Fade To Black needs to be up there somewhere

Personal opinion, can't argue, saying somethings commercial is really commercial though :p

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Havn't listened to Metallica much, Nothing Else Matters is lovely though. And only version of One I've heard is when KoRn played it at MTV, that one was awesome but I'm not sure how much it differs from the real one.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Theres faaaaaar too many excellent ones to decide , eye of the beholder is very underated tho

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
one....fade to black....master of puppets....creeping death....tough choice....would say one tbh....the solo's are awsome (second and first)...the machine gun style riff.....fuckin awsome man...shame metallica went to shit after the black album....and in all honesty the black album wasnt really that great....

EDIT:and anyone who says kill em all was the best album is a tit imho....dave mustaine sucks da balls an tries to take credit for some of their best songs.....an goin onto the subject of megadeth...thrash?!?! my ass!!! about as thrash metal as christian gospel music!!

EDIT2: also anyone into thrash metal...i.e kreator,destruction,slayer,sepultura (old) pm me....we should chat on msn or some shit :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I love the old Sepultura stuff. Beneath the Remains & Arise are awesome

Saw em live with Paradise Lost many years ago at Brixton Academy. Rocking gig ! Max Cavalera was superb

Gibberish

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Personal opinion, can't argue, saying somethings commercial is really commercial though :p

Yep sorry about that. Re-read my post and it sort of comes over a little fascetious. Never intended it to sound quite like it did. Of course, as you said, only my opinion and of no great value :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Fade to Black, Ride The Lightning or Four Horsemen, tough choice =]

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing else matters from the s&m album, best song ever :D

Stanny

Fledgling Freddie
well, totally depends what mood you're in but maybe...

CREEPING DEATH! or ride the lightning

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I can't decide between the ones i like the most, so i'll just list them in chronological order. :)

WHIPLASH (raw, fast and aggressive!)
CREEPING DEATH (great memories associated with that song, including much headbanging)
SANITARIUM (WELCOME HOME) (the guitar work on this one is so good)
THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE (heavy as shit, and it's K'THULU!!!)
ONE (first metal song i ever heard that i liked, converted me from listening purely to gangster rap (lol) in the late 80'ies and i never looked back)
KING NOTHING (the later albums did have a few gems, this is one)

Honorary mentions to:
FADE TO BLACK (when you're in the mood, it does make you cry)
...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL (i like the symmetry in that song)
DYER'S EVE (gives a nice and dark feeling)

My favourite Metallica covers:
ASTRONOMY
WHISKY IN THE JAR
THE SMALL HOURS
LAST CARESS/GREEN HELL
BREADFAN
BLITZKRIEG

As for which one song that is the very best, it's impossible to say.. it depends on ones' mood i think! ;)

EDIT: Great topic btw! :) :)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Arrghh forgot another favourite : FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS! :flame:

Talsar

Albion Legend
One - Justice for All Album,
Enter Sandman - Black Album.

Ironman (feat Ozzy) too.

All classics.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH