Music Best live performance you've been to?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I was reminiscing with a friend about reading festival that we just went to and we got on to the topic of the best live performances we've ever seen.

Here are mine

Rage Against the Machine (reading 08) - I had always wanted to see RATM live but never thought i would since they broke up. I see them at reading last friday and it was everythign i'd hoped for and so much more, completely incredible.

Iron Maiden (reading 05) - Were by far my favourite band ever at the time, it seemed like everything in my life had built up to that moment and i loved it.

Gogol Bordello (reading 06?) - Saw them in a tent, it was absolutely ramo and they were going mental. i've never seen such energy from a band on stage and even if it's not my favourite music it made the performance.

Metallica (reading 08) - Mainly just because ive been a big fan for years and know and love all their songs inside out, missed the end though cos the bird i was with passed out :(

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Got to be The Fall of Troy. Saw them at the Cockpit in Leeds last September, the energy there was amazing, even the support bands got the crowd going which was a nice change. 'Daughters', singer was a right nutter. Had most the band members staying after aswell hanging out with people etc, good times.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Metallica, live at Wembley Stadium (2007) - Fucking epic. HIM were meh, Mastadon were shit BUT Machine Head were fucking epic. Loved the Metallica part, never going to forget it. Would kill to go back there and see them again.

Breed 77 & Turisas (2007) - Great atmosphere, Paul (B77) handed my ticket to me in person.

Marilyn Manson at Ally Pally (2004/05) - OMG that was fun, Peaches getting her head smacked by a bottle was AWESOME.

Static X (200X) at the Apollo - OMG good.

Korn (200X) at the Apollo - Great.

Killswitch Engage - Nightclub in London (Before they were signed) - They were alright.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
polysics, 2 years ago at the fleece and firkin in bristol.
they have the most amazing infectious energy when they perform live, just want to jump around like an idiot. saw them last year as well, they were great but i was getting fucked off by the guy stood behind me who kept pushing me. (i had a princess paddy.)

hoping they'll announce some more tour dates soon for uk :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Rage -reading 08'. Awesome band, always have wanted to see em since they first came out but was always abit to young and then ofc they split.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
24th september - immortal technique in oslo!
It's going to be the best show ever! even if i aint been there yet.

Marc

FH is my second home
Guns N Roses - Milton Keynes 1993

russell

FH is my second home
The Verve, Charlatans at Glastonbury (1995:(!)

*uh hum cough cough*... more recently

Snowpatrol in Bournemouth 2006 (really really good live)
Damien Rice in Oxford 2007 (a genius)
Kaisers in Brighton 2007 (surprised how excellent they were actually -V small venue helped tho)
KT Tunstall in Southampton 2008 (much better live than recorded, She was really brilliant)

Got The Fratellis and Elbow to look forward to soon.

Bit stuffed really as I hate big stadium venues and would only go if I really HAD to (Rolling Stones, W of the W, or Foo Fighters would be the exceptions)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
AC-DC Ballbreaker on Tour 1996 in Madrid - Las Ventas. I was speechless :flame:

Uara

Part of the furniture
Muse at the new Wembley! They were fucking immense, with acrobats attached to massive balloons floating above the stage and massive satellite dishes with lasers. Plus there entrance was to Romeo and Juliet: Dance of the knights (the first bit of it) by Prokofiev (sp) very impressive!

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Maiden at twickenham this year was absolutely amazing.

Streetlight Manifesto at the Charlotte, Leicester in '05, small venue, brilliant atmosphere. One of the best bands evar!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Aerosmith probably top the list for me, even if they are getting on a bit now :D A close second would be either Down or Metallica.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sigur Ros @ Rock Werchter 2008
Pete Doherty @ The Joiners 2005
RHCP @ London Arena 2002

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
RHCP @ Roskilde 2002

It started raining in the middle of their 2nd or 3rd number, the mood was totally dying, it was pissing down so you got soaked in minuts, seriously bad, but they just stopped middle of the track they was doing, switching over to "By the way" (which was their new hit going on in all radio's all the time back then), got people so excited and up in mood that for the rest of the concert, I didn't notice it rained, until they stopped and you realised how extremely soaked and muddy everything around you was.

Very great performance to turn such a shitty weather into a not mattering issue

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
Motley Crue headlining with Skid Row as supporting act at Hovet in Stockholm in i think '87 could have been '86 aswell not sure it was awhile ago.

ye im old so sue me :kissit:

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Snowpatrol in Bournemouth 2006 (really really good live)
Damien Rice in Oxford 2007 (a genius)
Kaisers in Brighton 2007 (surprised how excellent they were actually -V small venue helped tho)
KT Tunstall in Southampton 2008 (much better live than recorded, She was really brilliant)

Got The Fratellis and Elbow to look forward to soon.

Erm....basically all of that, plus RHCP at reading, and recently saw the Wombats at The Royal Albert Hall, no less, and they were great

Got Jools Holland in December to look forward too, which i am as it happens

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Miss Polly Rae and her Hurly Burly Girlies!

Burlesque extravaganza...was bloody excellant i didnt stop smiling the whole time, really great show :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Heh, i went to a burlsque once. My friend got really drunk and started shouting at one of the ladies while dancing stuff like "get your tits out". What you would expect from a drunken guy really. Anyway this lass tried to play it cool and said she'd do it as long as he got his cock out thinking it would shut him up. The next thing you know he's on the stage waggling his little weiner around and telling her to get 'em out :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
omg lol he's lucky, a lot of burley shows involve props like bull whips etc hehe he could have got more than he counted on tbh Oo

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Roger Waters performing Shine on you crazy diamond and the dark side of the moon at roskilde (was it 06?)

And Massive attack a year or two earlier! Damn i was hypnotized

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Flaming Lips- Lowlands 08. Lead singer comes out into crowd in a giant inflatable ball and rolls around on top of the crowd for first 5 mins. Constant stream of tape/confetti stuff, huge balloon balls and amazing lazers. Wayne Coyne's voice has gone a bit in recent years though, so just going on visual shiz.

Arctic Monkeys- 05. Was at a tiny tiny venue just as people were starting to listen to their stuff on the internet. I like them, but not the biggest fan but it was just so loud that it made up for it.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
my all time favorite was last year when i saw against me in london, can't remember the venue name.. was like club 101 or something, really small venue.. the against me guys were standing around talking with everyone for an hour beforehand signing anything you wanted, really great guys... but the gig was fucking awesome, tiny venue, stage one step up from the good crowd.. so much energy and passion in their playing and everyone was having an awesome time :]

few other mentions are streetlight manifesto a few years ago at a pub venue near me.. for anyone that knows them they played keasby nights then mixed point counterpoint into it as one huge song.. sounded amazing

flaming lips at the albert hall (loads of crazy shit flying around)

billy talent at reading 07 was damn fun

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
Live Aid Wembley 85' in particular Queen, they stole teh show.

:clap:

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Hmm heres mine

Guns N Roses - NEC Birmingham 06

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Pride Park(Derby football ground)

And in 3rd, probally Velvet Revolver '08, just before they kicked the singer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom