Best Job

X

Xtro 2.0

haha I was waiting for you to come and pick apart my German mate :)

Fortunately Tiggr and I only have to use Spanish, French, Estonian and Russian at work.

Isn't that right Tiggr?

"Da." said Tiggr.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
haha I was waiting for you to come and pick apart my German mate :)

I am getting old and predictable. :(

O

old.ignus

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0

"Da." said Tiggr.

I know that one, Russian for yes. That's all I know.

coniectura hic lingua

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Tiggr might as well have tricked us all and said "There" in German... cunning critter that he is.

*ponders*

O

old.milou

I've worked for the Insolvency Service, a DTi agency, for the past 20 years. For what its worth, I'm fairly happy having changed a 20 min walk into work to a 1hr 45 min commute from downtown Southampton to Bloomsbury, WC1. Sounds strange but this commute is only for 3 days per week - the other 2 are at home i.e. one tomorrow (hence time of posting). And its more interesting work.

This is one of the bonuses; the Service also pays for my rail season ticket (ok, I get 40% taxed on the benefit) and is, at long last, getting an enlightened policy for employees. Being part of the DTi, it has to. One future policy is compressed hours: basically you do 10 days of work in 9 days and have one day off extra per fortnight in addition to the 30 days annual leave. Recent studies have shown this to be a great success in private sector firms. The DTi are currently very keen on the work|life balance: http://www.dti.gov.uk/work-lifebalance/why_employee.html

Hey ho

B

Bym

Sounds good. Do you think they take on semi-retired student nurses? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom