Best Hib Tank Group

T

Tyka

Ok I've played some in tank groups the last 4 days, and want to share my opinions about this and also see other peoples thoughts.

Have played now in most different kind of setups and so far I've found this one to work the best:

Bard, Druid, Druid, Warden, 3 BMs, 1 Hero.

The 2 key classes here are bard (as usual) and the hero, a good hero can change everything really. Warden twist dmg add / bubble and heal when needed (if you can't find a good warden get another druid), 1 nature druid, 1 nurt druid, the bms I prefer in my groups are blade specced because of better styles and more benefit from the slow weapons (you know the formula).

Anyways, I played with this setup group (everyone except bms were rr9 more or less) bms were rr4 gimps, and I think its the best setup at this moment a tank group in hib can get. Of course BMs need a bit more higher rr (a bm is good at rr6) but talking about setup.

Also played once or twice with a mana eld in group with disease + str/con debuff wich would help alot but the mana eld really needs to be a very good player (high rr with WA3 at least) and he probably would take the warden spot, wich I don't feel to comfortable with.

Let me know what you think is the best tank group setup.

D

Divinia

i agree to most of what you say, and the setup you prefer is similar to our guildgroup, wich is based upon a extra druid:
Druid, Druid, Druid, Bard, Hero, BM,BM,BM.

Mostly because we lack warden. Nadhia got one but dont like it :) ive also played much with four blademasters but a good hero > extra assistmonkey imo :)

earlier in IG we played alot with manaeld.. i dunno why we stopped doing it since AE dis/AEdebuff and snarenukes on enemy tanks etc.. our manaeld had to run w/o stick or /follow on the last in group to gain his range advatange tho :)

The core players of Clubraki have been playing in melee groups for a while now and we've tried the most and to cover all different aspects... it aint easy whereas GP aint that uber in meleegrp as in magegrp and mid got way better interrupt tools. But its fun to play and always a challenge.

C

chrstffr

me likes druid, druid, bard, warden, hero, 3bms setup best aswell.

warden is great for interrupt and resist + det4/5 rocks on cc.

1 NA druid and 1 nurt druid is preferable, but NA druids need to understand that they're a healing class before a cc class. Many new NA druids running around playing shammys or sumwhatever :<

D

Divinia

Originally posted by chrstffr
me likes druid, druid, bard, warden, hero, 3bms setup best aswell.

warden is great for interrupt and resist + det4/5 rocks on cc.

1 NA druid and 1 nurt druid is preferable, but NA druids need to understand that they're a healing class before a cc class. Many new NA druids running around playing shammys or sumwhatever :<

yeah a druids thinking should always be "im the only healer" imo. so they never "let others do the healing" etc.

J

JoxerTheMighty

Have you thought about trading one of the BMs with a Champ? Yeahyeah, I know what most of you think now..No Det, etcetcetc. But on the other hand you got a player in group who (if played well) can interrupt enemy casters, healers, mezzers (you name em) with the DD and snare. Not to mention the debuff that might come in handy when things get a bit more tight.

O

old.Sko

what's wrong with classic fotm of 2xbard 2xdruid 2 bm 2 hero ?
running with one bard leaves you without speed6 (you become very vunerable to radar users), without guaranteed end in combat, etc.

D

Divinia

Originally posted by old.Sko
running with one bard leaves you without speed6 (you become very vunerable to radar users), without guaranteed end in combat, etc.

yeah lets gimp the group so the radarusers cant win over us!!!2

A

auvryndar

Vw,Vw,Vw, Hero, Drood, Drood, Bard and Warden ;P

V

VodkaFairy

A bard in the group is guaranteed end. I think maybe 95% of the time I'll be hit/interrupted before end is up but that's usually against a group with a very good mincer (instastunning etc) or MA raping me with his assist train in 2 sec. In which case I'll be rezzed which means I'll get end up anyway.

Heroes are fucked when the opponents have a decent guardbot so you really gotta stick to bm's. Sure a LW hero might hit hard but it's kinda annoying when 80% of your hits are blocked.

Anyway that setup looks good Tyka, it's nice to see many people going blades nowadays, makes my ns look a littul fotm :D

Who do you assist on against mids? Say nobody is mezzed/rooted and the druids got 2 targets petted. Do you hit savages to own them with swb proc + slash dmg or healers?

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by auvryndar
Vw,Vw,Vw, Hero, Drood, Drood, Bard and Warden ;P

- When I heard of this setup I loved it right away, something new :D

Wanted to make a group like this but no time atm cus I'm exping my animist every night :(

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
A bard in the group is guaranteed end. I think maybe 95% of the time I'll be hit/interrupted before end is up but that's usually against a group with a very good mincer (instastunning etc) or MA raping me with his assist train in 2 sec. In which case I'll be rezzed which means I'll get end up anyway.

bard provides vital utility to hib group, so we have to duplicate functionality to make group more stable =D
Heroes are fucked when the opponents have a decent guardbot so you really gotta stick to bm's. Sure a LW hero might hit hard but it's kinda annoying when 80% of your hits are blocked.
1 hero is on guard/peel duty,
second hero - anni/slam on guarders- no one is able to block hits with his arse and 9 sec is enough to kill guarded person.

D

Divinia

But the main reason for two bards is radarusers right? xDDDDDDD

V

vintervargen

i wanna try

bard
na druid
nurt druid
slash bm
slash bm
pierce bm
light eld
mana eld

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Divinia
But the main reason for two bards is radarusers right? xDDDDDDD

That's too =D
merlin is notorious for certain radar abusing mid fcg =D

vint:
tried that - dont work without guard. side stun from bm helps, but not much - most fights we won againts serious opponents was due to bugged cloaks on mages.

V

VodkaFairy

That's too =D
merlin is notorious for certain radar abusing mid fcg =D

vint:
tried that - dont work without guard. side stun from bm helps, but not much - most fights we won againts serious opponents was due to bugged cloaks on mages.

Bugged cloaks ?

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Bugged cloaks ?
There was a drop in toa - with damage increase against all enemies, fixed now.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by chrstffr

:eek:

O

old.mattshanes

Druid
Druid
Bard
Warden
Hero- LW/Shield
Hero- CS/Shield
Bm-Blade spec
Bm-Pierce/Blunt

All good damage on any target then or:

Druid
Druid
Druid
Bard
Hero- LW/Shield
Bm-Blades
Bm-Pierce
Bm-Pierce/Blades/Blunt

I think top is best, 2 det guard tanks and very good damage along with decent support classes, next patch killing savages first gets easier so blade bm or blunt can be nice to have.

D

Divinia

you refer to topsetup as two guarders.. 2x dw tanks trying to kill will be poo tbh :x

O

old.mattshanes

1 hero can assist most times so it should be good still, or even both if they aren't under heavy attack besides what's a tank group going to do when their main assist is pfed?(most likely face yours and hit them because they will not be able to go anywhere else :p )

Four bms in group can hurt though :E but can drop like flies too.

Would be fun trying 2 druids 1 bard 4 bms 1 hero;)

D

Divinia

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

Four bms in group can hurt though :E but can drop like flies too.

Would be fun trying 2 druids 1 bard 4 bms 1 hero;)

yeah but unfortunually savages kill tanks too fast for three druids and a bard already :/

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Divinia
yeah but unfortunually savages kill tanks too fast for three druids and a bard already :/

Same happens on alb pryd, when bof and sos are down i die like a fly, 3 shotted often with 2400s hp :/

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by JoxerTheMighty
Not to mention the debuff that might come in handy when things get a bit more tight.

Debuffs work wonders vs savages in my experience. Str/con + dex/qui and you nerf their evade, damage output and max-hp.

W

Wot-do

Depends alot what u encounter.
Though i would say:

1 bard
1 na druid
1 nurt druid
1 warden
4 blademasters

alternative 3 bms
1 50 shield 50 lw hero

if u got high rr bms.

If there were any good alb grps on excal, hero would be a requirement, u wont survive sos vs a good alb grp w/o hero.
But there arent any rly...

D

Divinia

Wot, theres a difference between ubah fubahj and good. alb excal holds good groups.

S

saltymcpepper

when i played my druid for a bit, we had a laugh one night with

bard (gargo i think :>)
nurt druid
nat dr00d (meh)
s/s hero
hybrid hero (50cs/42shield etc)
3 piercemasters

not a wtfpwn group, but we took out a couple of higher rr ggs, gol etc, and won a few 2vs1 and a 3-4vs1 xD

G

Gargo-

Originally posted by Tyka
Ok I've played some in tank groups the last 4 days, and want to share my opinions about this and also see other peoples thoughts.

Have played now in most different kind of setups and so far I've found this one to work the best:

Bard, Druid, Druid, Warden, 3 BMs, 1 Hero.

The 2 key classes here are bard (as usual) and the hero, a good hero can change everything really. Warden twist dmg add / bubble and heal when needed (if you can't find a good warden get another druid), 1 nature druid, 1 nurt druid, the bms I prefer in my groups are blade specced because of better styles and more benefit from the slow weapons (you know the formula).

Anyways, I played with this setup group (everyone except bms were rr9 more or less) bms were rr4 gimps, and I think its the best setup at this moment a tank group in hib can get. Of course BMs need a bit more higher rr (a bm is good at rr6) but talking about setup.

Also played once or twice with a mana eld in group with disease + str/con debuff wich would help alot but the mana eld really needs to be a very good player (high rr with WA3 at least) and he probably would take the warden spot, wich I don't feel to comfortable with.

Let me know what you think is the best tank group setup.

Agree - Though a good MA makes a lot of difference too. Like, Ojaas = MA king tbh :x

Btw salty, yea that group was fun :D

S

saltymcpepper

aye xD
dont think we had a ma lol, well we did, but they just seemed to slaughter everything ;/
that teitin guy, the s/s hero was uber tbh

Users who are viewing this thread