best game

B

Brynn

Whats the best old school strategy game?

Im looking for something so basic and cheesy. I was playing UFO last nite. Something along those lines.

M

mookie

UFO is the daddy, it doesnt get much better. Maybe the original C&C? with the covert ops missions? :), or transport tycoon? all games that destroyed days of my life!.

B

Brynn

Yea transport tycoon is soo addictive, been playing Sim Tower also.

I just really need some addictive games

B

Brynn

whats populous and breach?

i have never heard of them

J

Jonaldo

Breach was a really old overhead turn based combat strategy game I had on my Amiga, was ok for its time but probably not great.

Populous is possibly one of the most famous games ever made :) The original 'god' game where you raise and lower land and try to beat other gods by getting the most followers and using different abilities against them. Populous II was great.
Powermonger by the same bloke was ok, me and my brother always formed alliances on network play and just went around slaughtering the enemy.

Try Shogun: Total War or Medieval: Total War also.

C

.Cask

Can't think of any games like UFO that were anywhere near as good. I remember playing a few cheap copies like Space Hulk and more dungeoney ones but none even got close.

Problem with all those old strategy games is that the AI really stinks. Wasn't so bad back then but I think nowadays it'll seem so predictable and robotic. That reminds me of Robosport which I used to play on my Amiga. Was pretty fun but not a patch on X-COM :/

G

GDW

The original Lasersquad on the Speccy as it was the daddy of them all

B

bigfoot

Transport Tycoon is one of my all time favourite games.

C

CAC

did anyone else ever play "armageddon man" on the speccy?
now that was a great game

B

bob007

Originally posted by adams901
MegaLoMania was a good game

Class game, stole days out my life :)

The Patrician was class as well, Pirates and all that ;)

E

Embattle

Originally posted by bigfoot
Transport Tycoon is one of my all time favourite games.

Shame a newer version hasn't yet come out :(

J

jaba

Jagged Alliance 2, that literally ruined months of my life, and sadly those months happened to be during exam periods, d'oh!

T

Tom

Railroad manager/tycoon? was a pretty good game. Nice music while you're meddling :)

B

Brynn

Originally posted by Embattle
Shame a newer version hasn't yet come out :(

Their was Delux tho :p

I think they didnt release a new version, coz if they did they would ruin a classic game

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Brynn
Their was Delux tho :p

I think they didnt release a new version, coz if they did they would ruin a classic game

Yes but irc the delux was just the original and the addon pack which I had and tbh it was crap :(

It may also be the fact Chris Sawyer decided to do other games :(

K

KevinUK

Is Theme Park / Theme hospital old enough? :p

I loved Transport Tycoon, Pizza Tycoon and the XCOM series.

Users who are viewing this thread