Best Friar Staff To Use

archorz

Fledgling Freddie
What staffs do ppl use on there friars and why? trying to find out what ppl class as the best staff for a friar i have used a few that i have found some are quick and do little dmg ans some are slow but do more dmg. Anyhow give some opinions plz.

Thanks

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Tarts is far and away the best staff for PvE.

For RvR it depends on what your spec is.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
i use tarts for pvp atm, and that lifedrain proc staff (staff of grotesque gargoyle i think) for pve
some ppl seem to like leg weap staffs, sun staffs, dragon drop staff with haste proc, champ staff also and maybe some more
tbh only use tarts in pve when low on power

Provender

Fledgling Freddie
Ideal staff speed depends on your spec and who you're attacking. Generally speaking you'll get better overall dps from a slower 5.x staff like tartaros/champ, but faster staffs are useful if:

1) You're specced 50 staff, cos the excomm dd proc outweighs the slight loss in dps from hitting swing speed cap
2) Fighting anything with pbt
3) Using ML styles to buff/power strip
4) Running down stealthers and using throw weapon to keep 'em out of stealth :)

Personally I like the Ensorcelled Staff of Celerity (dragon drop) which is 3.3 speed with a haste proc on it. It doesn't stack with friar haste though - if you can find a rog "Alacritous" staff with decent qua/stats it's worth having, that proc does stack. OOE can be a real problem though with the HS/Excom chain, so stock up on those end regen 4 pots.

Info on a few others also here

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Tartaros for general PvE usage, the power proc is very useful. Champion staff if you love survivability in RvR, the 5% extra melee resists are nice!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Depends if your solo specced or grp specced tbh..

Don't really know the best solo staff, but as for a grp friar don't use a staff :)

Shield + mace ftw for a grp friar.. You will be able to have more utility which is always needed in grps! Power strip casters, grapple, buff shearing assist trains, backup healing and bg'ing ofc! That's how I think a friar should be played :)

But it's ofc totally up to you how you wanna play your friar

Coriolanus

Fledgling Freddie
CorNokZ said:
Depends if your solo specced or grp specced tbh..

Don't really know the best solo staff, but as for a grp friar don't use a staff :)

Shield + mace ftw for a grp friar.. You will be able to have more utility which is always needed in grps! Power strip casters, grapple, buff shearing assist trains, backup healing and bg'ing ofc! That's how I think a friar should be played :)

But it's ofc totally up to you how you wanna play your friar

May as well roll a heretic then.

Galadry

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a PvE-er, so this is what I like to use:

Staff of the Grotesque Gargoyle, swapping in Tarts Gift when I need power and swapping back as soon as it procs.

Occasionally play with legendaries if the monster is particularly affected by/only affected by that. Might use Duskwood Quarterstaff of the Chasm for the endurance proc if I'm using a lot of end-heavy styles for a long time, but its rare (I think I've used it on things like bashing down doors).

Currently I have the Champion weapon as a mace and use the charge when needed. When I'm healing I swap to mace/shield.

I like to have a few staves with different procs or effects on me at all times but the Grotesque Gargoyle one is the one that fits in to the PvE template.

Rhilith

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
I have several staffs and Use Most of em.

Staffs i use for RVR are,
Destinys Bubble Breaker... VERY FAST staff "hence its name" and i tend to use that vs casters/pbt classes and shield users. (Drops in Sidi)

Champ Staff ... DMGE bONUS + Dex/Quick caps .. slow also so hits Hard use this against classes with no shield/Pbt.. can sometimes 3 shot NS with it.. and occasionally 2shot casters (with crits ofc)

Pve Staffs
Tarts (for power proc)

Staff of the Grotesque Gargoyle. (i primarily use this for the END STYLE REDUCTION in pve) So i dont hardly ever have to swap to tarts to top up power.

Zahurs Staff

Cple of others i cant recall.

Other Good Staffs for PVP & PVE are

Brazen Stout Defender (IIRC slowest staff in the game and hits like a truck!!)DROPS IN Caer Sidi

Azure Faigthboung Cudgel ..Nice Sidi Staff with a HEAL PROC!! v ncie to have. drops in Caer Sidi

Staff of last briton Defender (Fastest decent staff ingame IIRC . V RARE tho) it drops in Krondon from Scureol Hide.

As for Mace Slot i Have Battler Mace for the AF Debuff Charge!

Kinag

Part of the furniture
When I was 50 staff, there was nothing better than using my RoG 3.5 spd 100% quality staff with a high delve lifedrain proc on it :D

Hit for around 200 - 400 without crit (depending on target) but with excommunicate proc it got alot higher :)

zenobya

Fledgling Freddie
i used tartaros on rvr couse i was playing main healer bger on my gimp guild group having a staf wihch fills my power bar once in 3 hits was nice when you were playing a healer alsothrowing for 400 damge...(was ridiculous) and was swaping iwth a celerity proc stuf to get cap atack speed with self hsate was awesome on tartaros. and for info fastest in game staf was old midgard hot staf cant remmber its name but has 2.7 speed(whihc i had but i only liked its glov %97 qui 2.7 staf was hitng 70 damge...(so low)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
OOE can be a real problem though with the HS/Excom chain, so stock up on those end regen 4 pots.

Info on a few others also here

since when did friars start to have end problem? aint they getting the same +4 self endchant wardens do?

they have anyway, i'm fairly certain of that.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
since when did friars start to have end problem? aint they getting the same +4 self endchant wardens do?

they have anyway, i'm fairly certain of that.

They only get +2, so with the best end reduction and lw1 you have permasprint

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom