Best fighters for the little people?

Z

zelphi

What's the best fighter options for
A Lurikeen
An Inconuu
A Dwarf
A Kobold

Also, what's the stat that improves a thanes spells?

M

matax

Luri hero = novelty factor for the mini-moose, although should be a top defensive tank (i.e. full sword/shield)
Luri LW champ = v.good, although you will be 1 amongst 1000's

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Dorf Zerker, Skald or Thane
Kibbie Warrior or Savage

Thanes use pie for spells - they should rename Mjollner as "Thor's Pies from the Skies" :)

Hmmmmm, pie...

A

Archeon

Thanes don't have a stat that makes stormcalling better. Piety only increases their power pool (incidentally dex doesn't effect their cast time either)

Oh, and the up coming Str/Con is a hidden nerf as well. God it must suck to be a thane...

Z

zelphi

Do Luri's look stupid with spears?

Any Inc responses out there?

S

SilverHood

piety increases spell damage for thanes :p

Spear Luri's look cool

O

old.Hendrick

Inconnu will do well as any albion tank if you ask me. Small size is definitely an advantage and they look very cool in plate.

N

nocte

seeing a minimoose with a tooth pick on the battle field will strike fear into the enemy hearts... after they have stopped laughing :D

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Archeon
Oh, and the up coming Str/Con is a hidden nerf as well. God it must suck to be a thane...
How ya work that out?

G

Gallak

well Str/con is crap compared to a shammies, so now to get good buffs shammies need to cast Str and str/con on you, instead of just the STR/CON before

G

Gallak

Or any of the 3 shammies in my guild I regularly group with, and they're all mainly cave...

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
How ya work that out?

Ok, at the moment the Thane self-str buff is comprable to the baseline str buff (i think the seer baseline is still 2-3 points higher, but not enough to make a significant difference)

The str/con are both lower values, so while you have a str/con buff its not comparable to a shammys (assuming that said shaman has a respectable ammount of aug, respectable going under the assumption that these days the majority of shammys go 28-32 for the end regain/group end).

So in laymans terms you'l still require a str/con buff from shamans but you'l also require a str buff. I know some just don't do it because you have a self version but some healers do take into account the actual value of the self buff :)

And no, Pie doesn't increase thane magic damage. Just their power pool.

Z

zelphi

Saw a thane recently and they looked a bit naff, but what does increase the power of their spells?

D

Danya

It should be piety, is it definitely confirmed that piety doesn't boost damage (note the effect is quite small you're not going to notice anything below about a 20-30 point difference in piety). Charisma certainly boosts minstrel DD damage.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by zelphi
but what does increase the power of their spells?

High spec SC, possibly some magic enhacing RA's (i don't know if thanes can get somthing similar to MoA)

Really, Thanes are versitile tanks fair enough but you can't really compare them too the likes of Zerka, skalds and warriors

C

Cloak_

Originally posted by Gallak
Or any of the 3 shammies in my guild I regularly group with, and they're all mainly cave...

So Thane self Buff isnt comparable to Champs?

At 50 Valour that a 62 str/con buff,, much better than most buffs

O

old.tuppe

Originally posted by nocte
seeing a minimoose with a tooth pick on the battle field will strike fear into the enemy hearts... after they have stopped laughing :D

agree this, i just didnt laugh.
if that luri just turn to me and look whit those big brown eyes! prolly safe him :(

L

Litmus

Originally posted by Danyan
It should be piety, is it definitely confirmed that piety doesn't boost damage (note the effect is quite small you're not going to notice anything below about a 20-30 point difference in piety). Charisma certainly boosts minstrel DD damage.

piety makes a big diffrence tbh before spellcrafting came i had about 98piety and didnt realy care how much i had, back then i did about 180with my hammer spellthing, now we do have SC i have 145(still not caped) and can do maybe over 260dmg on casters,and abour 200 - 220 on tanks depending on there resists.

incidentally dex doesn't effect their cast time either

also i think that is wrong, when i am fully buffed i can cast my spells almost quicker than the annimation can keep up.

M

mavericky

Originally posted by N07ABL3
So Thane self Buff isnt comparable to Champs?

At 50 Valour that a 62 str/con buff,, much better than most buffs

The thane one is 50str/con

J

Jonaldo

Luri champs perform pretty well in rvr, LW spec anyway, not seen many shield spec get to rvr stage yet.
Luri heroes seem to be ok at tanking but again still not seen any in rvr.

I guess the best one in theory would be a dwarf as they have more str & con than all the other shorter races.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Originally posted by N07ABL3
Woah Sux

But is it in Stormcalling spec line?

Yep, the the 50 STR/CON is at 50 spec in the Stormcalling spell line. I presume that means it does 125% of delve like other specline buffs - can anyone confirm?

If so it would be a 62 STR/CON buff and significantly better than you'll get from most Healers (most of us have heavily gimped Aug) and better than you'll get from most non-buffbot Shammies (36 Aug gives a better Str/Con buff but not many Shammies spec above 32 Aug).

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
Yep, the the 50 STR/CON is at 50 spec in the Stormcalling spell line. I presume that means it does 125% of delve like other specline buffs - can anyone confirm?

If so it would be a 62 STR/CON buff and significantly better than you'll get from most Healers (most of us have heavily gimped Aug) and better than you'll get from most non-buffbot Shammies (36 Aug gives a better Str/Con buff but not many Shammies spec above 32 Aug).

It delves at 50, ie, not 125% afaik.

Champions buff > Thanes buff

Users who are viewing this thread