Best Drummer?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I reckon drumming is one of those professions where great ones are 10 to a penny.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Porcupine Tree are an awesome band, not sure the drummer would be up there though.

I would say the best to me is Danny Carey of Tool, no one comes close in the last 25 years.

Best drummer ever though is John Bonham (Led Zep) and all of that top 5 would say the same. Listen to When the Levee Breaks for simply amazing drums.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Best drummer ever though is John Bonham (Led Zep) and all of that top 5 would say the same. Listen to When the Levee Breaks for simply amazing drums.

This man speaks the truth, anyone that doesn't include him in a list is a retard, particularly if they value Dave fucking Grohl ahead of him. Mental.

Re-listen to Led Zep and focus on the drums, it's amazing how much subtlety is in it. He was really talented and innovative.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Mike Mangini by some distance in my opinion, have seen him play with Extreme, Mourning Widows and Steve Vai. The guy is a sensational drummer.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
List by Radio 1 listeners tbh (read: know fuck all about music).

Yeah thats right G, they voted for the Slipknot drummer because "he aer upsidez down and aer playering teh drumz!!11!"

Pfft Radio 1 listeners all have ear AIDS :eek:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
This man speaks the truth, anyone that doesn't include him in a list is a retard, particularly if they value Dave fucking Grohl ahead of him. Mental.

Re-listen to Led Zep and focus on the drums, it's amazing how much subtlety is in it. He was really talented and innovative.

Yes indeed!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Yeah thats right G, they voted for the Slipknot drummer because "he aer upsidez down and aer playering teh drumz!!11!"

Pfft Radio 1 listeners all have ear AIDS :eek:

I dunno about you guys, but I feel that in modern music people think the equation is:

fast = the best

Man, I am so fucking tired of emotionless guitar solos at 120mph and the same with drums. This is why When The Levee Breaks (and indeed Kashmir...) have so much feel and depth. It's the same with Neil Young, he never played blazing fast shreds but his guitar work oozes emotion and depth that no metal shredder could ever reproduce.

ZOMFG SHRED:

YouTube - Unbelievable guitar solo

Give me this please:

YouTube - Neil Young - Cortez the Killer [Studio Version, With Lyrics]

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
"of the last 25 years" init. Would be a different story otherwise.

Still, no place for Richie Hayward is a bit odd.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Maybe the reason Keith Moon and Bonham are missing is because they have been dead longer then 25 years

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Always thought Lars was pretty tight on the drums and I haven't liked Metallica since I was about 14 (so that's Justic time). I notice they've slowed down a bit as they've got older but he still sounds good to my ear.

As far as I'm concerned though drums are there purely to stop me getting to the next bar too quickly ;). Though I don't shred by any means - hate guitar wank more than .... (insert something you hate a lot here).

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
it seems they assembled a prelist made up of suggestions sent in ,and with it being a rock drummer magazine its bound to end like this i reckon.

vinnie is on the list thou and he is a good drummer , he would probably show up on the downbeat list also :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This has been a arguement that's going on in my house for years now, my bro listens to that "shouty bollox" as my old man calls it, I listen to a bit of it, but not the extremely hardcore stuff, yeah, joey jordison's good, but all his drum solos just seem to be I know, i'll just do the double bass trick, and hit the drums really quickly without making a rythym or getting you into it, where as drummers like Travis Barker can get the HiHat/snare and make it sound like a whole drum kit, So for me, Travis Barker #1.

YouTube - Drum Solo - Travis Barker Snare

YouTube- Muse- Stockholm Syndrome

I've always been a huge fan of Muse, I think they're amazing the music they make, just ignore the singer if he's not your cup of tea, and just listen to the bands overall musical talents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom