Help best compact camera?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
But oh dear the Panasonic captures the video in Quicktime :/

What does your Canon use for its video codec Dys?

ah yes forgot to mention that.

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
The Fuji s5700/5800 are very good, although not very compact. Amazing camera for the price you pay.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ordered one today :D

Good. Right. Moving on, what's the best DSLR for £500-ish? Seems to be between the Canon EOS450D and the Nikon D60? I have no legacy lenses, but will probably want to buy a decent zoom (up to 300mm) later.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Good. Right. Moving on, what's the best DSLR for £500-ish? Seems to be between the Canon EOS450D and the Nikon D60? I have no legacy lenses, but will probably want to buy a decent zoom (up to 300mm) later.

Save up and get an EOS 5.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
The Fuji s5700/5800 are very good, although not very compact. Amazing camera for the price you pay.

Indeed they are lovely little camara's could do with a wide angle but a powerful zoom and fuji' usual vibrant colours.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home

I am an unrepentant Nikon fan so I would say the D60.

Actually it probably makes little difference in terms of picture quality, the choice should be made on which you prefer the feel of and the lenses that you want.

From my point of view one serious issue with the D60 is that it has no internal focussing motor, which means that it will only autofocus with lenses that have built in motors. Almost all new lenses do, and there are some very good ones at good prices, but it will limit the choice of 2nd hand ones somewhat. This may or may not be an issue for you.

RB

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Save up and get an EOS 5.

Pointless. Too heavy, I'm not enough of a photographer to get the benefit, and its film, which as I'm not currently living in 1956, seems a little perverse.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Pointless. Too heavy, I'm not enough of a photographer to get the benefit, and its film, which as I'm not currently living in 1956, seems a little perverse.

lol, i meant the 5d.

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
rumor has it that the 5Ds replacement's coming out soon, they'll be nice

and they'll drop the second hand value of the 5Ds

i bought a 20D a 2 years ago and i love it, and the new 40D looks super

never got on with nikon, not necessarily bad, just different

best thing to do is go to a shop and play with as many as many different models and brands as you can, see what suits you

Rubric

Part of the furniture
rumor has it that the 5Ds replacement's coming out soon, they'll be nice

and they'll drop the second hand value of the 5Ds

i bought a 20D a 2 years ago and i love it, and the new 40D looks super

never got on with nikon, not necessarily bad, just different

best thing to do is go to a shop and play with as many as many different models and brands as you can, see what suits you

Full frame sensor on the 5d is what apeals to me as i have cannon film kit already.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
well i have to say i am impressed by the tz5, took puics with the sony p150 today and the tz5 and i was suprised by the differance. i kinda still want to try a canon with the custom fw but over all i am loving the tz5. only down side i can think of is no dock.

thanks for all the input guys and gals:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom