Best Class to Play ?

L

lordbazzer

Need some inspiration to help me create a /30, so what classes are good to play here?

Bard?
Champion?
Valewalker?
Warden?

Any advice would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks.

D

Drakin

bard - sometimes fun, sometimes frustratin to play rvr. No problem gettin groups. seems to be 18 trillion bards atm due to evryone reacting to the not enuff bard thing at the same time. :/

champion - 1 on 1 are ace, but due to the lack of cheap ra's arent considered fotm :(. xp wise u gonna get the same prob any tank in hib/pryd has, you aren't 'essential' due to crappy focus pullin. but plenty of tank groups around in si spots and other places.

Valewalker - mmm dunno much about this class from what ive read some issues over weaponskill/damage and styles. not sure though. although valewalker only ra looks good on paper :)

Warden - rvr wise resists pbt (althought pbt not effective against tehassistchoochoo) personally i like em for resists and all round utility within a group. pve wise with /level u will be level 30 straight off so get pbt which along with base buffs is always nice( can also slot in as a 'healer' for fp groups )

tbh if i was startin off here again and could be arsed with pve.. would roll a drood wanted in every aspect of the game and pretty much any spec.

hope that helps a lil, hopefully someone who knows sommat about VW's will be allong shortly ;)

T

tiareth

Druid is the best for a new player to the realm, wanted in rvr, wanted in pve and relatively easy to play compared to the bard.

The gazillion bards thing is a myth, most of them are pve bots really, every time i had tried to rvr in a pickup group (assuming you won't be in a gank squad in the first place) we had to wait 30 minutes each day to find a bard. And even if you do they will propably leave after dying for the first time since they feel the class is too difficult to play.

To keep it short, there aren't really many rvr active bards and they are really needed.

A

Ailyn

Originally posted by tiareth
Druid is the best for a new player to the realm, wanted in rvr, wanted in pve and relatively easy to play compared to the bard.

The gazillion bards thing is a myth, most of them are pve bots really, every time i had tried to rvr in a pickup group (assuming you won't be in a gank squad in the first place) we had to wait 30 minutes each day to find a bard. And even if you do they will propably leave after dying for the first time since they feel the class is too difficult to play.

To keep it short, there aren't really many rvr active bards and they are really needed.

until lvl 50 nothing can be easier to play than a bard :D

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by lordbazzer
Need some inspiration to help me create a /30, so what classes are good to play here?

Bard?
Champion?
Valewalker?
Warden?

Any advice would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks.

Bard is the best choice, but most challenging, 1+ bard essential in all pve and exp grps. In rvr bards lead, and get shouted at all the time, most rewarding and fustrating.

Champs and VW's lack determination so are 2nd choice in rvr behind Heros/Bms.
Wardens do crap dmg, have to settle for being a 2nd rate healer and supplying pbt+resits.

E

Event

Dont underestimate the value of wardens as battle rezzers

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Event
Dont underestimate the value of wardens as battle rezzers

Indeed :>

Bard is easy to exp, hard to master. Definitely a challenge, if that's what you're after. Druid is easier I guess, but avoiding being interrupted is one of the hardest thing for any spellcaster so this applies to druids too, prolly the hardest thing :p

My advice is to pick a bard or druid, exp it, and stick to it. Don't level 236097 alts while your main never reaches above rr3. Stick to one char, one class and play it loads. Only then you will become outstanding at it.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Indeed :>

Bard is easy to exp, hard to master. Definitely a challenge, if that's what you're after. Druid is easier I guess, but avoiding being interrupted is one of the hardest thing for any spellcaster so this applies to druids too, prolly the hardest thing :p

My advice is to pick a bard or druid, exp it, and stick to it. Don't level 236097 alts while your main never reaches above rr3. Stick to one char, one class and play it loads. Only then you will become outstanding at it.

or ebay yourself a rr8 char xD

G

Guinnessrules

Originally posted by Arnor
or ebay yourself a rr8 char xD

lol, good idea :D

Seriously if u wanna lvl fast make a pbaoe or healer. Even mana-ment can be used in pbaoe-grps as healers.

B

bylin

Hello,

I' new to Hyb with only one weeks experience but I'm curious as to why no one has mentioned eldritch. I was under the impression that ist was a powerful soloing class. Has it been nerfed or am I just badly informed?

Users who are viewing this thread