Best 1 on 1 Strategy Games

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
I love Close Combat, got 2 and 5...5 being really good, but 4 is pretty good too.

Game I loved for 1 on 1's was a game called Ground Control. It's kinda old (2001) but it was the bizness. I see GC2 is coming out soon too :)

granny

Fledgling Freddie
PLightstar said:
Prolly would say Myth 2, the best of the myth series, used to have a huge community not so much now, but 1 on 1 is great. Myth 2 was ground Control before its time, pick your units at start and play the many game types CTF KOTH DM etc.. made by Bungie, actually many of the names in Halo were taken from the Myth and Marathon series for example Covenant was the name of a great city in Myth.

Kinda strayed from the point, great game for 1 on 1, also try star wars supremacy for not so bad 1 on 1 action.

Aye, Myth2 is superb 1-on-1 but be warned there's a bit of a steep learning curve at first. I think 90% of all kills in beginner games of Myth/Myth2 are friendly fire, usually dwarven ;)

*clink*

*clink*

*BOOOOM*

*urghghhh*

*Opps, sorry, hehehe*

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Getting some petz food around here, Kathal? Kindly feck off back to your DAoC forums.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I have been playing Dungeon Keeper 2 and against a devious human it's bloody good. Also Settlers IV but it keeps crashing and synching out still reasonably decent when the maps last till the end.

later

Dukat

Resident Freddy
imo the all time best 1 on 1 stategy game for PC would have to be either Starcraft or TA. Starcraft for the small unit tactical battles and TA for the sheer size of it, and always remember TA's Krogoth encounter mission!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom