Beserker TL sacked

C

cleeve

Lo all

Dunno if u have seen this yet - just read classesofcamelot and apparently the 'zerker tl went off on one and told mythic what he thought of their response to his report.

Unsurprisingly his thread at vgn was moderated and he has been sacked but catacombs still have the thread up :)

http://daoc.catacombs.com/forum.cfm?ThreadKey=10833&DefMessage=489793&forum=37

Worth a read. Seems a shame that a fella who has worked so hard for 'zerkers' has gone out this way tbh.

C

U

uglymug

poor guy ... the frustration an despare is apparent in every line

think he's better of not being zerker TL...sad thing is...there's no need for new one

hardly any zerkers left :(

S

Sarnat

Old news... and he's an idiot for getting fired.

A

asorek

i admire his passion, but tbh he was asking to be fired by being so blatently rude and obnoxious to Mythic... by being that way he showed he was not the correct person for the job, and if i was a zerk i certainly wouldn't want him representing me and my opinions of my class... when your in a tough position the only way to win through is to be diplomatic and talk your way through with reasoning and structured arguments for your case...no to go off on one and have a baby fit cos you didnt get your own way.... truly sad that he honestly felt like that. :(

F

Flimgoblin

he misread Mackey's response and went off on one - stupid, that's all.

K

klavrynd

america, land of the free

and then you look at vnboards...

T

Tesla Monkor

VN Boards/IGN has no interest in being 'free' or 'democratic'. They've admitted as much in their reactions to the Xeno threads.. Their interest is in keeping the Mythic Devs on the boards and happy, so complaining threads are locked/banned/removed.

Same reason the Dev board was removed from IGN. Too many people complaining. (That on it's own should be a good indication that there's something wrong in the game. ;)

Buuuut, since complaining people scare off the devs, the theads have to go. Less people = less banner hits = less devs = less money for VN/IGN.

Simple. :)

Ps. The thread in which this was stated was, you'll never expect it, deleted. ;)

K

katt!

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
VN Boards/IGN has no interest in being 'free' or 'democratic'. They've admitted as much in their reactions to the Xeno threads.. Their interest is in keeping the Mythic Devs on the boards and happy, so complaining threads are locked/banned/removed.

Same reason the Dev board was removed from IGN. Too many people complaining. (That on it's own should be a good indication that there's something wrong in the game. ;)

Buuuut, since complaining people scare off the devs, the theads have to go. Less people = less banner hits = less devs = less money for VN/IGN.

Simple. :)

Ps. The thread in which this was stated was, you'll never expect it, deleted. ;)

STRONG CONSPIRACY THEORY.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor

that makes absolutely no sense what so ever, if they wanted banner hits they would encuorage people to make big flame and whine threads.

How about the idee that Mythic pays them more then the banners will evergenerate to host the forums

F

Flimgoblin

it's not that people complained - it's that people posted

OMFG MYTHIC SUXXORS THEY ONLY EVER PLAY <insert realm here> SOME <class x> KILLED ME AND MY FIVE GROUPMATES THE OTHER DAY WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT! NERF <class> AND EVERYONE ELSE IN <realm>.

WTF AM I POSTING FOR ANYWAY! MYTHIC ONLY CARE ABOUT THE CASH!

day in day out in every thread, again and again and again - imagine BW when the subs servers are down and if we cloned icedguardian 400 times.

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by uglymug

think he's better of not being zerker TL...sad thing is...there's no need for new one

hardly any zerkers left :(

Fact is: There are not many zerkers left, because Midgard still has one overpowered melee class. Most zerkers only played zerker since it was overpowered to begin with it seems and those people are now (...or actually have already....) jumping to the savage-band wagon.
IMO respect to those Middies who are still playing zerker and actually to all players who play a class because it's the class they want to play and not because it happens to be 'the overpowered dmg dealer of the month' (or patch version...).

Never followed the TL reports too closely, but if the dmg nerf came as a surprise to the zerker TL, then he should only blame himself. He should have been the one to ask for it really. Or is the TLs job only to try to make their own class as overpowered as possible and not mention any 'beneficial bugs' in their reports? ...savage TL should be up next... ;)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
imagine BW when the subs servers are down and if we cloned icedguardian 400 times.

he he he

O

old.Dillinja

Mythic are a bunch of money-hungry assholes who don't give a shit about their customers and only care about the paycheque they will get at the end of the month. <--- That is pretty much it.

They will always side with the majority, and the majority is usually the guys who are crying 'nerf' at anything that can kill their char in a duel. They know that the larger the population on each server the larger their bag of cash will be at the end of the month, this is why they will always try to please the whiners even if it means taking away 40% damage from hundreds of people's characters. What they seem to forget is that those people have been paying them each month for a quality service, not to have their characters destroyed. Now, my point is this, the Berserker TL obviously sees it how I see it, many people have spent many hours on characters which were pretty much (imo) destroyed by the 1.62 nerf. He tried to stand up for the Berserkers and get some of their damage back (he didn't even want all of it) and was sacked because of it. Is that justice? No, it's Mythic saying 'We don't care about Berserkers anymore, now go away, stop causing trouble and let everyone forget about it'.

It's the same with Shadowblades, and it is probably for this reason that the Shadowblade TL does not complain to Mythic much about the state of the class atm. I lost all respect for Mythic a long, long time ago and I can safely say that after the events of some recent patches I will never buy another product from this company ever again.

My 2 pence, or something.

T

tonita

Erm... u actually read the report? the guy asked for more dmg 4-5 times, he didn't ask for anything else, he was offered utility and a review to the zerker ability, he refused everything flamed the devs and asked for more money "or else"... after the dev replying "no" 4-5 time he went berserk and got banned... doh:D

W

Wij

utility ? on a zerk ?

um - they're a support class now ?

in that case my shammie wants stealth and fish fingers !

T

tonita

No, they are a light-tank, therefor they do the same dmg other light-tanks do, wich is based on positionals, 2 bad they can't spam the same style over and over and do 2x the dmg other light-tanks 2, i pitty them :p, no really, now nerf savages.

P

pihlss

Originally posted by asorek
i admire his passion, but tbh he was asking to be fired by being so blatently rude and obnoxious to Mythic... by being that way he showed he was not the correct person for the job, and if i was a zerk i certainly wouldn't want him representing me and my opinions of my class... when your in a tough position the only way to win through is to be diplomatic and talk your way through with reasoning and structured arguments for your case...no to go off on one and have a baby fit cos you didnt get your own way.... truly sad that he honestly felt like that. :(

you mean licking Mythics butt is better ?

I fell for that TL person :(

V

Vell

The trouble is that berzerkers don't actually have that many positions. One back positional chain, which isn't any better than spamming DF, and that's all. Whereas Mercenaries and BM's have several chains they can pull off.

Both Mercs and BM's can also spec shield, which adds a little versatility to the class. Zerks can't.

And Vendo form, in comparison to Triple Wield and Dirty Tricks, doesn't really hold up either, due to the huge defensive penalty.

I fully agree that the damage of zerkers needed to be brought down to make BM's and Mercs competitive with them, however, the other classes are much more versatile, and that really needs to be looked at.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

day in day out in every thread, again and again and again - imagine BW when the subs servers are down and if we cloned icedguardian 400 times.

/cheer noooo anything but that ! (except eleasias)

W

Wij

Originally posted by Vell
The trouble is that berzerkers don't actually have that many positions. One back positional chain, which isn't any better than spamming DF, and that's all. Whereas Mercenaries and BM's have several chains they can pull off.

Both Mercs and BM's can also spec shield, which adds a little versatility to the class. Zerks can't.

And Vendo form, in comparison to Triple Wield and Dirty Tricks, doesn't really hold up either, due to the huge defensive penalty.

I fully agree that the damage of zerkers needed to be brought down to make BM's and Mercs competitive with them, however, the other classes are much more versatile, and that really needs to be looked at.

Agreed. Zerks are at the bottom of the Light Tank pile now. No doubt about it.

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by Wij

Hopefully this gets addressed when they review all the attack styles.

M

mucking_fuppet

Mythic show their true colours once more...

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Wij

I'll trade you DW for LA still ;)

O

ormorof

Originally posted by Pempulla

IMO respect to those Middies who are still playing zerker and actually to all players who play a class because it's the class they want to play and not because it happens to be 'the overpowered dmg dealer of the month' (or patch version...).

you mean like us idiots who play thanes? :eek:

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by ormorof
you mean like us idiots who play thanes? :eek:

?
Prydwen : Sons of Nidhug
Ormorof 49 Shaman
Detriuss 24 Zerker < RIP >
Weelil 24 Huntress
Microscopic 36 Savage
Lilleabe 45 Runemaster
Twouble 20 Bonedancer < RIP >
?

All I see is a 'savage on the rise' ;).

C

cleeve

in all fairness anyone who has been stuck playing a thane for all this time deserves some savage loving :p

C

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Vell

well then its good that this tl is gone as he wanted more damage not versatility.

"Based on my recent surveys and questions, adding additional utility to berserkers would be of little value to the majority of the berserkers that have responded to me" <-- he wants more damage not utility.

also the TL didnt mind adressing frenzy, but he wanted to know when its used now and when not. So to see wether or not it is on par with dirty trick and triple wield.

Anyway it is useless to have a TL that bites off mythic hands, if he gets an unsatisfactory reply. Leaving the TL job, because you disagree with the nerf and you are unhappy how mythic works is something you can do and will have a much stronger effect on people than getting yourself banned for flaming mythic.

L

-Lonewolf-

I thought it was a tad harsh they sacked him i didn't really see any major attacks on Mythic just general frustration

Users who are viewing this thread