Berserkers

O

old.mattshanes

Right now listen up mids a scumbag alb here asking for help hehe,for once it isn't advice on sbs:p

Anyway i want some advice on berserkers such as,what is best spec?what styles are best to use?i use axe and left axe and where are the best places to lv in mid as a zerker?

Also can someone please say what the lv50 styles are like and if they are worth it.

Thank you:D

K

klavrynd

there's 3 "main" specs really

cookiecutter : 50/50/28 gives you ok parry, and best possible damage

44/44/44 gives you frosty gaze, shedloads of parry and ok overal damage might be good when defense gets fixed and for exping

50laxe/44 axe/38? parry ... lower base dmg, better parry

everyone seems to think that the lvl 50 laxe style (you GET parried) is bollocks, but it's rather nice really especially in keeptaking, and (pseudo)duels against heavy tanks since it's high damage low end

expwise styles : snowblind (taunt), parry and evade chain, snowsquall (back pos) , hoarfrost (axe detaunt, + to defence rocks) and glacial movement (attack speed debuff sideways / axe)

rvr : when looking for infils i tend to stick to good ole df, snowsquall and parry chain, while for "normal" rvr i use snowblind (only slight dmg difference with df , but waaaay lower endcost , and a - to defence), snowsquall and comeback (advanced evade)

as for exping, best get the sb lvling guide of vnboards (lost the link) since most mobs have a bonus on slash and you get an idea about the level range.

D

Damon_D

Brunnor... Peopel who uses axe should hunt mob who are vun to slash , peopel with hammers mob's who are vun to crush.. get it ??

O

old.mattshanes

Miss-typed that what i was asking is where are best exp areas foe each amount of lvs?

B

Brunore

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
Brunnor... Peopel who uses axe should hunt mob who are vun to slash , peopel with hammers mob's who are vun to crush.. get it ??

I have no idea what this says, is this 1337 speak or something?

M

mid_Efour

loooooooool

no noobz he means, allow me to translate.

Axes are slash damage so u get better bonuses killing furry critters as opposed to killing Insecty shit like Scavs and spider types. But TBH most of Mid creatures are +Crush or +Thrust after lvl 24ish... except a little XP spree u may have in varu ww dungeon

Matt XP something like this,

LvL 1-5 Wherver u start,
LvL 6-20 Galpen-Gna Faste The places round here just Pwn for everything. kill tasking and grouping
LvL 20-25 Vendo caves, u may even wanna come here at about lvl 17ish if galpens doing your head in, other option also Muspheleim(sp) but it sucks all crushy+ mobs
LvL 25-30 WW dungeon in skona ravine great in here u can stay here to early low 30s and theres a whole new section added recentley so maybe beyond, but its so fking far to walk if u get wiped out.
LvL 35-42 Spind, Jesus u will grow to hate this place its near Gna faste which is very useful, i imagine it the equivilent of your pigmy things in alb but in a dungeon
LvL 42-50 Malmo about the most poxy week of your life in DAoC ever although u can make shed loads of cash to buy some of the stuff you need at 50.

Anyway thats the way i did it :) theres a few other 40+ places when malmo gets too much the swamp (long long walk) and DF naturally :)

O

old.mattshanes

Thanks efour heh spindelhalla people keep talking about that place:rolleyes:

Efour you rock!!!(dam i said it again:D )

O

old.Emma

hehe if your solo`n i find the best mobs at around lvl 16-19 are defenatly the werewolfs behind and infront of Askheim (werewolf fort near gna faste) they are weak to slash and hit for nadda :D

if you can group with a healer or shammy you can easily do these even when they are red con.

And dont forget the traditional Willow bashing North and South of Gna Faste lvl11-14 these can be solo`d and as a zerk they drop in 3-4 styles when orange... Can 2 hit em at lvl 14. Just watch out for the nasty insta nukes :( they do hurt and they can sometimes chain cast em :(

K

Kharok Svark

The WW's also drop some nice studded Armour.

Make sure you get some Axes crafted though, I would recommend Double Bladed Axe and Hand Axe.

I

Irgil

i respeced from 50 axe 50 left axe 28 parry to 50 left axe 44 axe 37 parry and i must say im pleased with the result, its easy to get parry to 50 with items and RR

It really makes a difference in PvE, i can get the parry chain of alot and it does decent damage and doesnt eat up end like DF do, another good style is comeback which requires you to evade but the followup style Frosty Gaze (39 LA) stuns the opponent (6 sec i think?).
I still do some nice damage and i havent noticed any bigger damage variance due to the lower axe.
i think my cap is around 493 on main hand with double frost.

as kharok said the best axes are the double-bladed axe for main hand and hand axe for offhand.

K

kalgarn

i hope you made a dorf though, we rock ;)
well let me know when you're 24 we can duel in the bg then.
i have a 24 spearo there :)

O

old.mattshanes

Norse sadly kalgarn:p ,thanks for advice i am enjoying him they very good class to play it's a shame most gimps choose sbs because they can't play their main eh solid?:D

O

old.mattshanes

Thinking of doing 50 axe 44 left axe 37(38?) parry any comments on this spec?seems like the lv50 axe style is good.

K

Kharok Svark

I went 50 Axe / 44 L Axe / 37 Parry and love it.

Items will easily take Parry to 48.

It then gives you the Havoc / Tyr's Fury Combo for those who face you, or you can drop to Doublefrost chasing casters.

I am also a Norseman, which like the Dwarf won't always be the first targetted in combat, until you call the Bear !

A

AbPoon

Are you zerkers from pwyd telling me that you honestly have AXE styles on your qbar's?

Please guys wake up from your dreams.

Welcome to Pwyd, land of nutters, fyi you should never use axe styles as the style damage is cut in half. never not ever in pve or rvr have i seen a zerker do an axe style, apart from me when i'm smacking on keep doors with my crappy prince 2h axe.

K

klavrynd

i use them for pve only

there's no "normal" style with attack speed debuff ( there's one after parry, and one in the 2nd style of a chain) -> glacial movement

and no styles with +defence except after parry (low bon) and in the 3th style of a chain --> hoarfrost

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom