Berserkers/Savages - Merc's

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
Now that albion have access to celerity, i dont see what reason both midgard's melee dmg classes are under par to the albion one..before i understood it, as celerity in mid made our melee dmg go up quite a bit..but now...

what do u guys think about it?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Trunks said:
Now that albion have access to celerity, i dont see what reason both midgard's melee dmg classes are under par to the albion one..before i understood it, as celerity in mid made our melee dmg go up quite a bit..but now...

what do u guys think about it?

You're actually saying Savage-melee are under par to mercs?

Damn savages got some of the best styles ingame when looking at growth-rate. They also got self-Banespike with their DPS-buff in Savagery which they can run 'all the time'. And dont forget 35%+ selfhaste.

You're deluding yourselves if you think Midgard melee-dmgdealers are subpar.

Also, if you want to twist this argument, how about improving Blademaster, Champion, Hero, VW, Vampiir damage? I mean, they dont have access to Celerity !

X

xGenocidex

Puppet said:
You're actually saying Savage-melee are under par to mercs?

Damn savages got some of the best styles ingame when looking at growth-rate. They also got self-Banespike with their DPS-buff in Savagery which they can run 'all the time'. And dont forget 35%+ selfhaste.

You're deluding yourselves if you think Midgard melee-dmgdealers are subpar.

Also, if you want to twist this argument, how about improving Blademaster, Champion, Hero, VW, Vampiir damage? I mean, they dont have access to Celerity !

savage melee is under par compared to mercs... the difference with savages is they NEED to quad to get a high damage score.. mercs just sit there and spam 2-3 styles and perma hit hard... and theres nothing wrong with champs... badge of valor+bs at same time seen a rr7 champ 2 shot a mid tank/chain user before... need i say more?... heroes depends what race you are.. i still see firby heroes hitting for 600-800... vw is fine.. vamps fair enough they do need work they are very over rated... and bm nothing wrong there... paladins with celerity is just a joke tho.. how the fuck is any other meleer meant to solo a paladin now?... they were bad enough before if you met one solo.. it should have been clerics that got celerity not paladins :|

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
the only thing savages lack is charge+banelord, but then if they had them they would be grossly overpowered (again) so...

zerks need a style review i think, as do mercs but a minor one.

none of it tackles light tanks being too easy to nullify and too hard to do good dmg vs a good grp, relegating them to 'interupt bots'. ...fun?

theslayeruk

Banned
I presume when zerks say they need "a style review" they're going to be sacrificing zerk mode for it, or is it just a midgard need to be overpowered instead of balanced?;p

X

xGenocidex

theslayeruk said:
I presume when zerks say they need "a style review" they're going to be sacrificing zerk mode for it, or is it just a midgard need to be overpowered instead of balanced?;p

Don't mistake us for albs :p alb have it alot easier than mids do in rvr ;x hibs to be fair i think are on par with mids in most areas.. albs are generally just off the chart... saying that most alb groups are shit... especially that one that comes out late at night... what is it gobo and blindguardian etc? pathetic seen there fg die to a rr3-5 mid grp and there all rr6+ lol... even if they do have more op classes than most :eek: thats the amusing part.. albs might have the classes but alot of them don't use them to there full ;) give zerkers back old left axe imo ;x then let us here the mercs cry

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
they have better defence, and better dmg, destroy other melee dmg classes with there dirty tricks/rr5, and now mids dont even do better swing speed as albs now have celerity...

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
keep in mind that the celerity isn't twistable and only castable outside combat. as long as it isn't twistable the celerity won't have much use imo.

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
celerity for alb?
sure why not..
give hibs cele aswell then and give the proc buffs hibs and albs got to mid then. heal procs (armor) from alb and warden ones (weapon), celerity is one of the balancing spells mids have compared to hib/alb.

if anyone in alb should have celerity it should be friars for some more grp util tbh (sure bg friars are nice, but be real... bg boting isnt all that fun). so dont be telling clerics need more luv, they have hp regens specc buffs and are already suitable for all grps.

all in all, all realms shoulnt have all the same spells, like the new classes have some new types of spells that are pretty much different from all the others and the classic spell line up is nice that mids got cele, hibs got sos on main CC :clap: (whine for that one if you like) and albs got hp regen/heal procs

Chronictank

FH is my second home
its 350 range and not castable in combat..
for some reason i dont think its gona make the world of difference.
It will however when all the albs whine and they decide to boost it, which will happen if history is anything to go by

Offtopic:
Merc is by far the best light tank in terms of positionals and survivability (chain wearing, with dirty tricks)

But mythic have lost the plot really, daoc is slowly turning more and more into WoW

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Offtopic:Merc is by far the best light tank in terms of positionals and survivability (chain wearing, with dirty tricks)

4s side stun, rear snare + god_mode rr5? :eek7:

sure we get chain, u get evade3, the fact evade3 does jack shit for u is largly thanks to the troll race and toa temps needing to drop dex. so yes a tiny advantage there.

its bm>merc>zerk atm and hope its bm=merc=zerk soon...

on the celerity thing u need to remember that unlike hib or mid, alb has no haste in grp if theres no theurg, so.

X

xGenocidex

Chronictank said:
It will however when all the albs whine and they decide to boost it, which will happen if history is anything to go by

Offtopic:
Merc is by far the best light tank in terms of positionals and survivability (chain wearing, with dirty tricks)

But mythic have lost the plot really, daoc is slowly turning more and more into WoW

daoc has loads of op classes :p wow has 2 :p and as always mythic just favor alb I guess... said it once i'll say it 1000000 times alb is just an easy mode kiddie realm ;x and before anyone says you havent tried it.. i have fyi.. 2 classes only but still been there done that.. merc fully toa'd and sorc fully toa'd... and there both easy mode (and yes longer than 1 day played them both for around 4 months each)

noblok

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
on the celerity thing u need to remember that unlike hib or mid, alb has no haste in grp if theres no theurg, so.
Can't mercenaries use haste charges like mid/hib has to use AF charges?

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Does any mid grps actually use haste from auger in grp. I think not.

But the fact that zerks got no chance of landing stun in fg vs fg when chasing a target, does make it alot harder to do dmg.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
And don't come up with the snare from hammerline etc snare isen't half as good as a stun.

Everz

FH is my second home
merc is the best of the light tanks, better dmg, spam an anytime style and you win.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
the only thing savages lack is charge+banelord, but then if they had them they would be grossly overpowered (again) so...

zerks need a style review i think, as do mercs but a minor one.

none of it tackles light tanks being too easy to nullify and too hard to do good dmg vs a good grp, relegating them to 'interupt bots'. ...fun?

wow finally agree with konah for once

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
and yep, bm > merc > zerk

snare style and stun style has great value for a tank in nf imo.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Danord_durin said:
Does any mid grps actually use haste from auger in grp. I think not.

But the fact that zerks got no chance of landing stun in fg vs fg when chasing a target, does make it alot harder to do dmg.

The way our group played the auger was always behind so I only ever recieved yellow cele from aug if I was killing tanks, if I was pushing forward I relied on green cele from the pac healer. But I think that it helps alot, be it green or yellow cele :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
keep in mind that the celerity isn't twistable and only castable outside combat. as long as it isn't twistable the celerity won't have much use imo.

You just wait and see 1.83b. ;)

I'll bet 1.83 will allow Paladins to twist Celerity into their normal rounds at a lower power cost. ;)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Can't mercenaries use haste charges like mid/hib has to use AF charges?

they can and they do :) ..but its 17% not 20/21%

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
Chronictank said:

Azathrim said:
You just wait and see 1.83b. ;)

I'll bet 1.83 will allow Paladins to twist Celerity into their normal rounds at a lower power cost. ;)

u must have a insider giving u info aza, so now they have insta chant in combat no pow usage celerity...whats the point of playing midgard tank groups?

raid

Can't get enough of FH
sigh, once again people think lighttanks usually hit permastunned targets with celerity up 100% of the time AND that the lighttanks never get hit by other lighttanks...

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Well I have yet to see a merc outdamage a savage. I grp a lot with Rolv (savage) and he kills any merc with his thrust claws so fast you don't get time to blink. Merc has higher HP pool and AF, but savages got self-resists, evade/parry buffs and damage a merc could only dream of. Sure mercs might take berserkers 1v1, but that's just because berserkers have 0 defence and no access to Thrust.

ogmonda

Fledgling Freddie
oki u still say savage is good i must admit i like playing it but try to solo with it in rvr it's quite hard.. u say savage's have those uber buff's but remeber they have to use thei own hp.. which in a 1v1 without healer on u r ass it's kinda hard to use.. and sometime yes i must admit rr5 make;s the differnece but if rr5 is not up try and think.. u use the following selfbuffs:evade+parry+dmg+rezist (depend's on enemy weapon) that mean's u lose about 20% hp ..yes when rezist are up is GOOD but when they run up u r kinda doome'd if u wanna use the end regen too then it means 30 % hp so u decide..i am not coomplaining not at all but savage is just a normal light tank class..

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
Savages will never shine again unless they get Banelord and Charge. They should because they are light tanks from my pov. What do i base that on? They get Stoicism, as the rest of the light tanks.

Mythic will never put them into the right slot and here they are stuck between being a hybrid and light tank.

My guess, Mythic didnt dare for two reasons: 1. Couldnt give Midgard two Banelord light tanks. 2. With Savages having Charge and Banelord how many Berserkers would we see on the battlefield... well how about zero!

/Gashemi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom