Berserker population on excal dying?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Over the past few months i've been watching this and have been wondering wether or not the berserker community on excalibur is slowly dying a death.

Last year the average zerks online was 26, not many at all. Today the average is 15. So is the zerk population dying or are we simply shelving them for later?

Discuss :-

:)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Berserker was the first mid class I rolled actually , felt and still feel its a class that applies to my playstyle. My zerker is only lvl 32 atm and are moving slow :eek: dunno why few choose it , heard alot about it getting nerfed tho.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:
they went from OP to normal, so all noobs stopped playing them.

So what you are saying is that only peeps with skill play them now as opposed to just being OP class played by gimps? Zerk gets nerfed again in NF, as ok most peeps don't use it but still the realm ability charge was nice if u did, but that now costs RA in the new patch :F

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
I have a 24 Zerk thats running in Thid atm, havent played him lately as I had a 24 SB also. :p

Bur hes my only Thid toon now so will probably play him alot more and I plan to XP with him afterwards. :)

nptr

Fledgling Freddie
Berserkers BL ML8 is always welcome in my grps :). Recently trying 2 BL zerks + BD + BG in grp.. Works good.

Faril

Banned
Still play's faril, and wont stop even with nf around the corner. Zerk is alot more fun than sm at least

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
I've decided to put my Savage in the closet and bring up my Zerker because it will hurt alot not having charge in NF. And Banelord pwn, Savages cant have that.

So
Damage: Savage > Zerker
ML Line: Zerker > Savage
NF RAs: Zerker > Savage
Overall NF: Zerker > Savage

imo!

Oh one more thing, Gashemi is Grapple immune now! :D

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
As Salam said..with most TOA benefits, people roll more and more casters due to damage. Casting speed is wicked in TOA >_<

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
vintervargen said:
they went from OP to normal, so all noobs stopped playing them.

NO they all rolled savages cause zerks couldndt get groups :<

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
With proper items my Zerker is actually really fun to play in rvr again so I'll prolly have to suit him up with a few artis too.

nocte

Fledgling Freddie
love playing my zerk, every rvr group should have at least 1 banelord, 2 is ideal. so that means zerks and BD's. i dont have any trouble getting rvr groups.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
nocte said:
love playing my zerk, every rvr group should have at least 1 banelord, 2 is ideal. so that means zerks and BD's. i dont have any trouble getting rvr groups.

Well the point I made was that there are so few of us left - similar to the eldritch population on prydwen actually with the same level of parity. With tanks reportedly going to be owned and I can name Xest from prydwen.net on this one seeing as he loves to /whine about how hibs are going to be so owned (which may or may not be the case, we have much yet to see) come NF and with tanks being his main offence to the source of his whine ie "tanks are so effing useless in NF" but he would say that as he plays US servers - to which from our server we seem to see things much differently. It is likely that zerkers are going to be seen less often and more savages reappearing - from the advice i've been given of late.

But really imo we do need the Zerker population back on the level of at least last years levels online at that average. It's nice to see that overall you peeps have something good to say about zerkers, which wasn't the case pre-toa. Let's hope things get better :)

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
The information you got lately is wrong, savages are a lot worse off in nf, crappier ras and bad ml lines, they don't have access to charge, they lose dr as well which was really needed.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Compare RR10-RR11 Zerk damage to a Bm/Merc at same rr

Outperform them without any problem. having access to celerity via aug healers ROX when using slow toa weapons aswell x<

But as someone said. Newbs stopped playing them when they didnt 2 shot paladins anymore. ;)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
They are rolling fotm dark sm's I guess. And banelords are getting more wanted, but most of the zerk nobbers chose battlemaster.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Leel said:
They are rolling fotm dark sm's I guess. And banelords are getting more wanted, but most of the zerk nobbers chose battlemaster.

may be because most of the knobs here said choose BM over BL in the first place :p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
But then this is not a banelord vs BM slanging match, put that in another thread please.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i still play my zerker from time to time, but tend to get bored extremly quickly since 90% the time u will lose to a mincer/scout leaving mtk.
Also played my "fotm" dark sm for a while but there are far too many now, so there are fewer grp slots available compared to when toa was released.
Tend to wander round on my shammy simply because he tends to get grps, never mind adapt with the times :).

Might eventually toa my zerk properly but tbh i dont see the point if u have to waste rsp to get access to charge just so u can solo (yes u need charge believe it or not to keep up with most people sprinting about).
Shame i may have to shelf him as i dont have time to toa him properly with a ubertweaked template since it was my first char in the game.
Tho saying that always gives me a smug grin seeing the little casters running in fear soon as you go vendo :)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
I Love playing my Zerker, find it fun and i dont think my dmg is shit in the slightest. fun class with lots of hidden depth and good Ml line.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I rolled my Zerk(s) after 1.62 and I have a blast playing them. They need some love + fixing but still a lot of fun.

nptr

Fledgling Freddie
Imgormiel said:
But then this is not a banelord vs BM slanging match, put that in another thread please.

2-3 BLs in grp leave enemy grp at ~25%-50% of hp with ml8+ml2, if the grp plays right the BMs will do you nothing anyway. ML-spec only to melee vs tanks - sucks by default compare to the BL opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom