"Being offensive is an offence"

Tom

I am a FH squatter
EuyUDvTWYAQ28pI.jpg

Makes me want to ride over to Merseyside and give them all the finger just for that generalised headline.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's true though @Tom. The way we've drafted hate speech laws mean just that.

We allow other people to define what "offensive" is - even though it's entirely subjective - and lock people up for it. And because we allow that it means the most offended people can campaign to have things added to hate speech laws.

This means stuff like religious groups are making headway criminalising criticism.

Yet the po-po can put up signs like that which I find highly offensive, so offensive to my very core that I feel a genuine sense of oppression, but because it's not on the proscribed speech list it doesn't matter. Only the most powerful groups that are most outraged matter, or whatever a feckless MP manages to get through parliament.

We don't have freedom of speech in the UK. And the majority of Brits are fine with that (but say that we do).

This country, whilst one of the better ones, is still really fucking shit in many ways.

But 'humans' I guess. :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Thankfully the headline is just PR hyperbole.

Or most of us would likely be in prison :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
That billboard is so stupid i cant even wrap my head around it :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's true though @Tom. The way we've drafted hate speech laws mean just that.

We allow other people to define what "offensive" is - even though it's entirely subjective - and lock people up for it. And because we allow that it means the most offended people can campaign to have things added to hate speech laws.

This means stuff like religious groups are making headway criminalising criticism.

Yet the po-po can put up signs like that which I find highly offensive, so offensive to my very core that I feel a genuine sense of oppression, but because it's not on the proscribed speech list it doesn't matter. Only the most powerful groups that are most outraged matter, or whatever a feckless MP manages to get through parliament.

We don't have freedom of speech in the UK. And the majority of Brits are fine with that (but say that we do).

This country, whilst one of the better ones, is still really fucking shit in many ways.

But 'humans' I guess. :(
The po po are probably demanding that we have to magically know everyone's preferred pronouns.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The po po are probably demanding that we have to magically know everyone's preferred pronouns.
What I find really offensive is that merseyside police are corrupt as fuck.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What I find offensive about that is 4 paid for plods standing about doing nothing that couldn't likely be done just by the driver of the display on their jack jones.

Then because it's a complete load of nonsense a superintendent puts out a statement

View: https://twitter.com/MerPolWirral/status/1363802799054684164

So, how much policing time / money was wasted that probably could have been better spent tracking down the perpetrators of actual hate crimes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom