• Night phase

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Night phase, no kills

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Will

/bin/su
How would you all feel about starting with a night phase, instead of day? At the moment, the first day is a bit of a random guess waste of time. On the other hand, if I started with night, someone would get killed without speaking.

The third option would be a night phase for seers only. Opinions?

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Ohhhh nice twist.

Starting with a night phase would be interesting but a bit... unfair... on whoever the wolves picked if they could kill. Prehaps you could allow the wolves to injure someone on the first night, add another twist and allow the wolves to harass someone!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
first person to die wouldnt get a go
if you did no kills, then no point, cos there would be no pointers ?

so no imo :)

<edit>
just thinking of your doing changes to the rules, you could put in the little girl . in "live" version shes allowed to peak at night, and can then see who the wolves are, but if they see her doing it, she dies instantly
could work it with a 30% roll , or random number; 1-3, she dies, 4-6, nothing, 7-9 she IDs one of the wolves, or something - which would give a chance of a wolf ID rather htan a "something" id on a seer ?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'd say start night with no werewolf kill but give the seer a turn as it were ( basically start at daytime like we do now but give seers a free turn ).

Will

/bin/su
Sorry Mabs, I don't like % chance roles at all. I was thinking of a tracker/hunter role, where someone can check if a target makes a night action, but can't tell what the action is or the result.

But I've got a change already in mind for the next game. :)

Mabs

heh thats fair enough im just tossing out ideas

something that came to mind was :

everyone lives in the same village, so wouldnt they know who they are ?
so you have an open game, where everyone knows who everyone else is, apart from possibly the serial killer ?
then add the wolves on top of that ? so it could be a wolf and a doctor on one person and so forth, to really fuck with peoples minds :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
heh thats fair enough im just tossing out ideas

something that came to mind was :

everyone lives in the same village, so wouldnt they know who they are ?
so you have an open game, where everyone knows who everyone else is, apart from possibly the serial killer ?
then add the wolves on top of that ? so it could be a wolf and a doctor on one person and so forth, to really fuck with peoples minds :)

erm, what? I have no idea what you just proposed mabs.

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
I think he means you'd know if someone used to be a doctor, nurse, or has a fetish for shotguns and silver bullets, therefore certain roles would be open, and others like wolf or killer would be hidden.

I think it would still be easy enough for people to conceal their past, and with new roles like masons, they would obviously keep that to their select group.

Mabs

ok let me try that again:p

everyone has a public role, villager, doctor, whatever
SOME people then have a secondary role, wolf, serial killer, etc.

so one person will be a villager, one person a wolf. then the doctor could be the serial killer ? or the seer could be a wolf ?
so they can protect themselves rather than other people, can seer for targets, etc.. would just mean that someone going "im a seer!!" doesnt mean they arent also a wolf :p

you would end up with a cast list like :

1- villager,
2- villager, wolf
3- villager
4- seer
5- doctor, wolf
6- seer, serial killer

and so on, see ? :p

and the first role would be public from the start :)

Will

/bin/su
Mabs, I don't think that would work. Half the fun of the game is not knowing who is what role.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
What about ...

Pick all the roles (wolf, seer, vig, villager etc) ... and then let the wolves pick a person to 'turn' on the pre-game night ... obviously the wolves would know who that person is ... but the victim would be a lone wolf ... unaware who else was in the pack?

Would make some of the voting patterns interesting

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So that wolf would get their own kill at night as well?

gohan

FH is my second home
So that wolf would get their own kill at night as well?

i suppose if u started with less wolfs? like 1 gang of 3 then 1 solo wolf after ect

so 2 packs sort of... kinda like a reversal of the godfather role

Will

/bin/su
What about ...

Pick all the roles (wolf, seer, vig, villager etc) ... and then let the wolves pick a person to 'turn' on the pre-game night ... obviously the wolves would know who that person is ... but the victim would be a lone wolf ... unaware who else was in the pack?

Would make some of the voting patterns interesting

I actually just re-read this, and its a pretty good idea. I've already got plans for the next game, but I'll keep this one in the bag, so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom