Bee's documentary

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
ahem..

*Listen's to BBC radio 5 Live instead*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let me guess "pollution on noes we must change our ways!" documentary? :D

Otherwise...I'm covered in beeeeeeeeees!!!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I was listening to this, was interesting and upsetting I mean of all the insects that are useless annoying bastards (I'm thinking mozzies here) why can't they become endangered? But ooh noo we have to go foul stuff up for the poor little bastards who actually do us some good!

Speaking for myself but I'd rather have (to quote joni mitchel) 'spots on my apples', smaller veg and slightly more expensive than have everything drenched in pesticide which kills the bugs which makes the birds starve and then lo and behold the bugs are back but with no natural predation...bugger me how did that happen?

what also gets me was that the introduction of the asian and african bees did our chaps no good whatsoever...now they are talking about introducing a japanese bug to get rid of the knot weed we introduced. I can't actually think of a species that has been introduced into our ecosystem that doesn't damage it.

humans really are shit.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Nah, mostly they blamed disease, the bee industry for a number of it's practices, pesticides and agricultre policies which reduce the variety of food sources for bees.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nah, mostly they blamed disease, the bee industry for a number of it's practices, pesticides and agricultre policies which reduce the variety of food sources for bees.

Ah, well that's a pleasant surprise.

My abd then :p

though i know that nature always finds a way, probably some fly-mutation will come and pollinate the needed stuff, or just some species of plant/life die out.

Not like the planet is going anywhere :D

Yes, i'm pro-planet, not pro-nature ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You're the most ignorant person ive ever seen tohtori. :p

*ignores Gorb*

And yes, yes i am. I honestly jsut don't give a f*ck about "Ooh must save the planet! Must save pandaabears!!" or even recycling.

I switch lights off and turn down heating to save a buck, but the planet has come from a barren molten husk of rock and it will go back to that after we're gone. Most likely we'll kill ourselves and nature takes over. Win win.

"The planet is fine, it's the humans that are f*cked." - George Carlin, RIP.

I'll listen to the first "save the nature" guy who i meet, who lives in a cave, wears some reef or some such over his genitalia, doesn't eat a nything but berries and dirt and doesn't use any hygience products.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Whatever you do, do_not_vote.

Thats all i can say.

....Just dont.

Didn't you say "i don't vote 'cause it changes nothing" :D

In any case, you can try and save the nature, i won't.

Doesn't mean i'll dump nuclear waste on penguins or use dogs as baseball bats, but i could care less about separating my glass, plastic and other stuff.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget

yeah pretty much

EDIT: by that i mean the whole ending it with bees being the canaries in the mines thing

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
a guy a walking past a record shop, he is the world's priciple collector of wasp sounds. he looks in the record shop window and see's an LP, called Wasp Sounds from Around the World volume IV. 'Wow' he thinks 'I didn't know this was out' and pops in to buy it. He speaks to the assitant in the shop and asks if he can have a listen, because he's so excited about hearing it, as he is, as you know, the authority on wasp noises.

The assistant puts it on, 'bzzzzzzzz bzzz bzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' it goes. 'Hmm' says our friend, the collector, 'that doesn't sound familiar, can i see the track listing to see what kind of wasp it is?'

The assistant and hands the track list over and the collector says 'Track 1, the European Wasp... i'd know that if i heard it, maybe the record is broken'

the assistant take a look at the disc and says......

'Oh, i'm sorry, we were listening the Bee side'

AHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not just some :p Bees are responsible for alot more than a couple of species of plants.

Well, we'll have to see now won't we :p

Another species arrives? Old species picks up the slack? Plants evolve? Who knows.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Well, we'll have to see now won't we :p

Another species arrives? Old species picks up the slack? Plants evolve? Who knows.

Evolution is not that fast, not having any bees anywhere would pretty much mean that food stuffs would be destroyed and it would only take a year cycle, planting seeds is pointless if there is no bees to pollenate.

Yes I have no doubt that in the future something would come along plants may sprout after years of evolving, but short term your looking at global problems.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i'm not going to speculate on it, only leads to pointless arguments.

Wait and see i say.

Calaen

No you just assume anything where someone is not agreeing with you is an argument and not a debate.

You can't just remove a whole species which impacts on alot of things that require it to be there and expect something to come along the next day and take it's place.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No you just assume anything where someone is not agreeing with you is an argument and not a debate.

Riight.

I said "leads to".

Let's leave it at that.

Also said "i don't want to speculate".

Gees...can't even avoid arguments these days...

Calaen

Avoiding what argument?

If you think anything in this thread has been an argument or something leading on to it you clearly have issues.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Avoiding what argument?

If you think anything in this thread has been an argument or something leading on to it you clearly have issues.

I don't want to speculate because it will lead to arguments.

I didn't claim this was an argument or that there were arguments here.

I just said i don't want to speculate on it because we can't know what will happen.

Fair enough?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
/necro

*cough*

Unsurprisingly it turns out it's very probably our fault, with one of the main stressors likely to be pesticide use.

I used to remember when fields of flowers used to have a nice hum to them. Sat in a field of daisys last year. Didn't see a *single* bee :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's lack of habitat more than pesticides. For the last few hundred years they have relied on bee keepers to keep them going. There are less and less of them about.

An uncle and cousin are professional bee keepers, fantastic honey. better than the shit you get in tesco.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's lack of habitat more than pesticides.

Both tbfh. They're probably the two main stressors.

If pesticide use cuts queens from 14 to 2 per colony and interferes with worker bees bringing back food then that's a fucking *massive* whack...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Me too. Re-watching old Parks & Rec right this second. So great.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I nearly had to be picked up off the floor with the hemorrhoids episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom