Question beer......

I Drinks ....

• Brown Ale, to sooth the soul

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Your preference, "Favorit" as in all time, I know there's situational preference as in one thing for dinner, another for drinking and such, but thats not waht I'm asking.. so put simply if you had to choose, wich of the following would you prefer ?

- IPA (double tripple ect)
- Pale ale
- Belgium style ale (double, triple, quadruple, saison, ect)
- Stout (Irish ect included)
- Porter
- Brown Ale
- Monastery (Abbey, Trappist ect)
- Gueuze-lambic
- Weissbier/Witbier
- Swartzbier
- Bock
- Lager (pilsner ect.... )
- Ale (bitter, irish, scottish, ect included...)
- Other (Rauchbier, Altbier ect "you name it")

:drink: :cheers: :drink:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Blah max 10 options and cant edit ... //

just pick Bock for belgium style/trappist/ and Ale for Abbey

Olgaline

FH is my second home

Something ala ?
DanskPilsner_dase.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I will pretty much drink any beer. Cant stand the sterile brewed over night tasteless cack like carlsberg, Stella etc though there are some nice lagers about.

As for beer, I don't really drink one particular brand, I usually drink whatever is on the guest tap, if its no good then I drink Guinness. The best beer I have had was from a place near lake Windermere called Collie wobbles Oxford Bottled Beer Database: Watermill Inn Collie Wobbles We stayed at the place that brewed it, or maybe Croak and Stagger http://www.frogislandbrewery.co.uk/bottled beer.htm which is brewed just down the road from me, though its only sold in a few pubs and amazingly the local Budgeons :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
looks good Raven, but seems to me maybe you should have flicked the IPA/Pale ale box ? ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Only the first one could be considered near to being an IPA, I don't mind IPA really but it can be a bit dull, good in the summer though.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Fad bamser!!

Great for getting drunk with, but you'd really choose that over say a good special brew as all time best/favorit ? asking in simple honesty not condencending, after all, taste is an individual thing

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Only the first one could be considered near to being an IPA, I don't mind IPA really but it can be a bit dull, good in the summer though.

bouth look preaty much like Pale ales'ishes to me :p well the first is a definate, the second a form of bitter maybe with a twist of pale ale'alike'ishness ?
I never said they where IPA's :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The website said:
Croak & Stagger is a 5.6% dark, full flavoured beer. This recipe for this chestnut-coloured brew

Pale it ain't, its pretty much as dark as Guinness, shits in the morning are by far darker :p

Anyway, can't really decide. I am quite fond of trappist stuff though its pretty expensive over here. Asda used to do a nice one that I bought every now and again, was like £5 per bottle so very rarely drank it.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Pale it ain't, its pretty much as dark as Guinness, shits in the morning are by far darker :p

ah, tbh just quickly glanced at the link, I see what you mean now that i took my lazy ass time to look it up... ;)

Frog Island Croak & Stagger from Frog Island - Ratebeer
and

Tasting Notes: A rich, sweet aroma greets drinkers of this dark ale. After a bitter, roasted initial taste, the full-bodied and robust flavours of English Maris Otter barley, crystal, wheat and chocolate malts become more pronounced. These are complimented by the sweet, spicy character of English Cascade hops and the lasting bitterness of English Target hops.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah its actually quite nice, really good with a curry.

Slightly off topic but Jap Whisky is nice too, not as good as the best single malt Scottish but for the price it can't really be beaten.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
not as good as the best single malt Scottish but for the price it can't really be beaten.

Thats just not true.

and

on price, scotch is actually "at least in denmark" on level, cheaper

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Give me a shipping price, then yes :) They 330ml cans or proper 500ml?

33cl Bottles, we dont do cans...in general...as for the shipping, Prob not worth the trouble for you, would be way cheaper to get it in Germany
but if you insist i can look it up NP

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Thats just not true.

and

on price, scotch is actually "at least in denmark" on level, cheaper

Well in the UK scotch (for decent stuff, not famous grouse nonsense) ranges from £25-£40 in the super market, the Jap stuff £15-£25 a bottle. We pay insane duty on pretty much anything alcohol related.

To be honest I am pretty new to Whisky and I am trying to get different brands as much as possible and have only tried a few Japanese ones, they have all been quite average really. Obviously its far easier to get hold of decent Scotch than it is to get decent Japanese :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
btw...
Adventus Eisbock has me curiouse, wondering tho if it'd be to sweat ect
anyone tried it ? And i dont mean the normal Adventus

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't really drink beer, get completely wasted from it.

Can drink a bottle of scotch with no problemss, but give me a sixpack and i'm under the table faster then paris hilton.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
weird kinda really concidering it's roughly the same thing just distilled and aged in oak casks
basicly you almost make beer during the fermantation :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom