Beer belly & Moobs

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
isn't it meant to be running, cycling, etc for burning fat? i think that's why i cant be fucked tbh.

its mean to be burn more calories than you consume will equal a loss in body weight.

no mumbo jumbo, no magic pills, no exercise if you dont want it.

just consume less calories than your body needs, and it will get the energy from fat and muscle if youre not eating right.

people wont like hearing it but you dont need to exercise, the only factor is calories in is less than calories out. can be achieved through eating less or doing more or a combo of both.

the latest diet fad wont work, slimming pills wont work, the celery water diet will not work.

though you will find eating healthily all the time and exercising regularly is best. it should be something you can sustain, which is why fad diets dont work, because who the fuck wants to eat 6 salads a day for the rest of their lives?
not me, anyway.

Ok so you don't like running? Well unfortunately you have to face reality that running in my opinion is the best exercise for burning fat.

sorry fela but thats not correct.
ive never ran in my life or used a skipping rope.

i lost 6.5+st and 12" off my waist.

if you want to burn actual body stores of fat then the best exercise is long duration LOW INTENSITY exercise 5+ times a week, and even better is doing it before youve eaten in that day. long duration is 40 minutes, and you can work up over months to 60 minutes plus. low intensity uses aerobic processes to burn fat as its energy source while high intensity is anerobic and requires carbohydrates and if they are not available possibly your muscle. you can google that if you dont believe me

tris-

stick to the basic principles -

get the junk out of your diet
eat healthy and balanced meals. that is a mix of protein, carbohydrate and fats. eating fat does not make you fat. eating too much and not doing enough makes you fat. this should be good fats, not a mc donalds burger or a mcfatties fat bar. good fats is olive oil, egg yolks, beef, oily fish, pure butter, peanut butter, peanuts etc. a protein serving is the size of a closed fist. carbohydrates should be clean sources. again not mc fatties fat bars. things like oats, wholemeal pasta, wholemeal bread, rice.
fit food around your fruit and veg and not the other way around.
reduce calories and increase your output.

vladaqueer can probably confirm the majority of that.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
moobs!
prae.jpg

admit it, Curiosity got the better of you right?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Just to add, swimming is excellent cardio exercise as well and the water supports your joints so you're less likely to damage anything when you start out.
Yeah, although swimming is often touted as a gentle excerise I found lane swimming in a crowded pool generally more like a 1h hour fight for survival, what with the overtakign and jockeying for position and the racers and the breast stroke kicks twatting peeps and old peeps yapping and getting in the way kids pissing about etc etc. :)

I got a hernia tho and the swimming seemed to agrivate it more than anything (the affor mentioned breast stroke kick seems to put fair bit of stress on the groin). So I bought a bike for the summer to stop puddin out. Been doing the trick so far, better excerise that thought it'd be once u get ur legs, what about 750 cals/hr on the flat (and it's never flat) at 15mph. Practical use to, can get to work, do a bit of local touring, even get about on holiday (cycle touring, hello to burning 6k+ cals/day). not sure will be much fun come winter tho.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Tris speaks sense.

Varna - What is your current diet & activity level like. And what exercise resources to you have access to?

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Tris speaks sense.

Varna - What is your current diet & activity level like. And what exercise resources to you have access to?

My diet varies to be honest, but today for breakfast I had a bowl of bran flakes and an apple. If I get hungry I will try a banana, and just eat fruit when ever I get hungry.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Go to the woods, carry rocks, pick up wood, carry wood etc etc.

Manly natural stuff, not this rowing bunanny.

But why would you want to get rid of your moobs? :eek7:

You forgot to wrestle with a moose :p

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Here's a question, i know what Tris said is true; that the best way to lose fat is low intensity long duration exercise. However, what if you can manage higher intensity long duration exercise, does that inhibit fat loss (if that makes sense?) as in should you do lower intensity even if you can push yourself more?

tris-

Here's a question, i know what Tris said is true; that the best way to lose fat is low intensity long duration exercise. However, what if you can manage higher intensity long duration exercise, does that inhibit fat loss (if that makes sense?) as in should you do lower intensity even if you can push yourself more?

low intensity long duration creates an environment to use fat as the energy source.

high intensity creates an environment for carbohydrates to be used, and if they are not available, as far as i can understand it, muscle tissue is broken down to be converted into energy.

it depends what your aim is really. do you just want to lose weight on the scale or burn the fat off? if youre not bothered about losing muscle (you should be though) go all out and dont consume much food. this way though youll end up skinny fat - fat belly, fat boobs but skinny everywhere else.thats what your typical bloke is like these days as a reference point.

without getting too complicated, if you want to do high intensity stuff make sure you eat a decent balanced meal an hour before hand. something along the lines of wholemeal pasta, chicken, that sort of thing. losing weight in the end is using more calories than you consume. higher intensity stuff will make you more fitter too i think that low intensity.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Tris makes excellent points

1. Cut the crap out from what you eat
2. If you feel like snacking, snack on fresh fruit / veg (ok sounds boring, but do you want to lose weight or not ?)
3. You don't need to run 10K every day at 4am. 40 mins walking in the morning every day is an excellent start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom