Beer belly & Moobs

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

I decided that next week im going on a diet, and I would like to get rid of my beer belly and my man boobs.

I started already, I was in tescos yesterday and bought some apples, bananas, a quorn cottage pie, kellogs bran flakes, some crab sticks and some prune flavored actimal.

I woke up this morning feeling fitter already, but I need to fine tune my eating habbits and need to start getting exercise.

Does anyone know of exercises which I can do which will make me burn fat quicker, and also any excersises that will help me tone my body, im not hugely interested in building muscle.. just getting rid of the belly and moobs.

I've searched google and there is some handy stuff, but im hoping there are some here who have any additional information or help they can provide to assist on this difficult task for me.

Thanks. :)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
isn't it meant to be running, cycling, etc for burning fat? i think that's why i cant be fucked tbh.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I tried running, but my moobs hurt so much after. :(

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
Get a rower, fairly cheap, and the best fat - burner machine there is, IMO ofc. Toning? Get some weights :D

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I've got a rower and whilst it was cheap (free infact, just had to pick it up) it takes up half of the garage and it's boring as fuck, although i guess that problem comes with all exercise.

If there's a public pool near by i'd say swimming is a pretty good bet.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Go to the woods, carry rocks, pick up wood, carry wood etc etc.

Manly natural stuff, not this rowing bunanny.

But why would you want to get rid of your moobs? :eek7:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
whats that? someone calling for fitness help? its time to light the Elk signal

Elkieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

swimming is also good and the water supports your boobies :)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Ok so you don't like running? Well unfortunately you have to face reality that running in my opinion is the best exercise for burning fat. Probably second only to jump rope. Give me a pm and i'll write you out an exercise plan etc and guide you on a diet as well. If not im sure Vlad will be happy to help you as well.

Give jump rope a try though will give you a routine or will make one and put it on youtube for you. Get a good rope, preferably a speed rope or a cable rope.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Skipping, or this manly "Jump Rope" I found to be the best exercise technique, apart from swimming.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Take some aneasthetic and then just cut the fat away. use a knife which has been left on a gas flame to cauterise

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Depending on your size i would first start with walking, if possible on hilly terrain. It's true that the rowing machine is an excellent fat burner but it takes -a lot- of dedication to use it regularly as it is high intensity and rather boring (you may end up rowing for 10 minutes then giving up). Brisk walking leading onto a combination of running / walking (walking for 2 minutes, jogging for 1 minute etc until you build yourself up so that you can go out jogging or jog on a treadmill). Another option is using a bike, it produces less impact on your knees and is also great for cardio. Best option however, imo, is to join a gym at if you can start asking questions there (at the gym you'll find plenty of friendly staff / people willing to offer advice etc). Remember, just keep at it as you won't see results straight away.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Skipping, or this manly "Jump Rope" I found to be the best exercise technique, apart from swimming.

Yeah alot of people argue about what's better Skipping or Running, skipping could be said to be the best because it's more fun to do in some peoples eyes. More you enjoy the exercise the more you will want to do it.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Just to add, swimming is excellent cardio exercise as well and the water supports your joints so you're less likely to damage anything when you start out.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Forget skipping. If you've got poor co-ordination, you'll trip yourself up. If you use the wrong technique, you'll damage your knees from the impact.

IMO start off down the gym with cycling and rowing - all fairly low impact stuff that will burn calories and won't jar your joints to hell.

If you don't want to go to a gym, start of walking. Slowly add in short spells of running. Over time build up the running so that you're able to jog around the park

Weights / press-ups / crunches / swiss ball will all help tone

Make sure you stretch out thoroughly before and after any exercise. Especially if your body's not used to it.

Will take a while before you see results, so gotta be patient with yourself and never give up.

Good luck

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i have a skipp..i mean jumping rope *ah hem* i tried it once but was quite embarrassed, though this thread has made me give it another go! its work out time in approx 8 mins for me so im going to dig out that darned rope and do it!

thats another top tip varna matey, schedule in exercise time in to your life then you can't fob yourself off with the old "im just far too busy and important to exercise!" excuse, also make a weight/measurement chart so that you can see your progress and watch it over the months, measuring your body is a far more rewarding thing to do because while you may not be losing much (if any) actual weight you will see cm's drop off and you cant argue with a tape measure!

its true, you cant...I tried it once and the damned thing outwitted me :(

that really was embarrassing.

Overdriven

Just to add, swimming is excellent cardio exercise as well and the water supports your joints so you're less likely to damage anything when you start out.

What I did a while ago (pre-move) was like skip for about 30m-40m every other day or so and it worked slowly. If it ever fell on a sunday (As I ended up swimming weekly with friends) I'd do it after waking up, having breakfast, then swimming for like 2h to relax. Epicly fun.

Yeah alot of people argue about what's better Skipping or Running, skipping could be said to be the best because it's more fun to do in some peoples eyes. More you enjoy the exercise the more you will want to do it.

Running I find dull and boring, skipping I prefer because (depending on where you do it) is more of a solitude thing and you can just chill out/zone out and skip (listening to music etc) and time flows by. But, depends on the person of course.

Will take a while before you see results, so gotta be patient with yourself and never give up.

/agree

megadave

I am a FH squatter
fuck the gym, they charge a fortune to do stuff like running. just go outside, the world can be your gym

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yes.. but dont be doing tai chi on the beach (either at dawn or any other time during the day) while it is feesable in books and movies, irl it just looks daft.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
fuck the gym, they charge a fortune to do stuff like running. just go outside, the world can be your gym

or get a wii, its a gym membership for lazyarses. (best Jay Leno quote ever btw)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Are you trying to get rid of the moobs? Or just make them more sensual for your girlfriend? Because if its the latter, you need to shave them often. Also, if you want to really loose weight, then make a plan and stick to it.

Look in the mirror, you like what you see? No! Well neither does anyone else. The second your satisfied with the way you look, then its just a slippery slope back to moob-ville. Work out, and keep working out until you get comfortable with being healthy, that should suffice.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
some say its a bit girly but i use a cross trainer or did i kinda fell off my training plan due to hectic work schedule i used to do 20-30 mins bout 4-5 times a week and then do some basic excercises push ups situps etc do 3 sets each time and each week do a couple more i definately noticed my stomach starting to tone up cant say owt about the moobs tho dont have any =)

healty eating is key you really need to cut the shit out which if ya like me is the hardest part.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Hey - I can really sympathise with your situation. It's exactly why I got into exercise. I started at the gym (I went with my wife!) and I can still remember the day I managed to run 3km without stopping - I was convinced it was a world record or something =)

I get bored running too, so I have some advice. And its this. Get some podcasts of interesting things. Things that last 25mins make any exercise seem like 5mins of work. I used to run 0.75km then walk 0.25km for a few km. I then worked up from that. Having something interesting to listen to really makes time fly. I now run outside, I find it a whole lot better than being on a treadmill. I also bought myself the Nike+ kit - it works so well because you can see your progress =)

I've dropped a stone, and I can run a challenging 10km in about 55mins =) Man boobs are slowly receding and I can fit into T-Shirt I've not worn in 5 years =) Perseverance is the key. Its been over a year since I thought my 3km was a milestone.

Overdriven

Need a better definition of "moobs" and "pectorial muscles" because, eventually it starts getting confusing. My chest is interesting, on a side view from a mirror my stomach sticks out a bit (usually after eating, being lazy, else, it's "okayish") and my chest is flatish, when it gets to the "boob" area, it's confusing. There's very little fat there, but from a side view it pokes out a bit and it's fairly hard. So I'm assuming it's muscle from doing pullups/pressups, instead of moobs.

I don't know, confusing. I'll stick to pressups and hope my chest contines to get harder/gain muscle o_O The ideas of moobs scare me, but I'm like.. O_O Ahhhhhh.

EDIT: No sagging, which it it ever happened, I'd buy weights. But in fairly light t-shirts you can see outlines o_O Ahhhhhh fat :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol Od ive seen your pic.. no offence but you make earth worm jim look like a porker.

top tips for workout music, sod whats Trendy, go for what gets your blood flowing, im going through a 50s+ thing atm, little richard, chuck berry, james brown etc bloody great stuff. But keep some variation so you have lots to chose from, yu get bored if you get in to groundhog day stuff so some days i have a Nam thing going (lots of cool music the likes of which you may find on the forest gump sound track) some times i get the urge for serious rock (ac/dc gunz n roses etc etc) it just depends, but make sure you get loads of tracks becuse you wont get motivated if you got nothing to grove to.

Overdriven

lol Od ive seen your pic.. no offence but you make earth worm jim look like a porker.

top tips for workout music, sod whats Trendy, go for what gets your blood flowing, im going through a 50s+ thing atm, little richard, chuck berry, james brown etc bloody great stuff. But keep some variation so you have lots to chose from, yu get bored if you get in to groundhog day stuff so some days i have a Nam thing going (lots of cool music the likes of which you may find on the forest gump sound track) some times i get the urge for serious rock (ac/dc gunz n roses etc etc) it just depends, but make sure you get loads of tracks becuse you wont get motivated if you got nothing to grove to.

Firstly, that's a old photo, so your EWJ comment no longer works :( European blood makes my face structure make my face look thinish, it goes wrong below the neck.

Also, for music (As I want to contribute) I don't suggest listening to any sort of metal or anything, believe it or not, some chart music is quite good, general up-beat stuff works more than anything else. If it's slow it makes you a bit meh.. I generally had a mix of "Happy Hardcore" and random music my sister had laying around on my stereo.

But yeah, good music does help ^_^

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I love the fact you're asking all of us titbags sat in front of a PC posting so often, we're bound to be a healthy bunch *cough*

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I disagree. FHOT is the ultimate source of information in the universe. Ask a question, any question, and it will be answered.

For example - why, when you drop a piece of toast on the floor, does it always land butter-side down ?

sayward

Resident Freddy
I know I'm a female and it's different but I lost a LOT of weight with weight watchers, trouble was I didn't actually need to. So I had to put it back on!!! If you don't want to go to a meeting, and not many men do, you can join on the web. It really does work. You still have to exercise tho and I go to the gym every day I can. Walking fast up hill is really good, especially with the tv on and an ipod.

I also do salsa, and a lot of the men I have met there have given up going to the gym because they have lost so much weight thro dancing. Salsa classes are usually crying out for extra men, I know it sounds girlie but once you start you get hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom