Beatles beamed 'Across the universe'?

Marc

FH is my second home
reading that just makes you go "wow" when realising how big the universe is. It will take 431 years to reach the star travelling at 180,000 miles per second lol

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Yea, I've always been sorta interested in astronomy, the distances and sizes involved are staggering, I'll always remember that to-scale diagram of the planets in our solar system, with the sun being stupidly huge compared to the earth, then with another diagram beside it with other stars in the observable universe, with the sun occupying 1pixel compared to some of them... its just a bit crazy really.

The only thing I dont get, is that we could be transmitting mathematical equations, diagrms, some sort of reference to where we are in the universe, but instead we send a Beatles song with paul fucking mcartney giving his love to the aliems?!

It just hurts my mind :(

EDIT: Calm down tohtori! I've found the links to them so you can stop panicing :p

sun1.jpg

sun2.jpg

Zede

Part of the furniture
And the first thing any potential aliens will see broadcast from earth...

Hitler !

aika

Can't get enough of FH
some galaxies are around 13 billion light years from Earth.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, i was wondering. What is the reason for so many planets and solar-systems existing if there aren`t occupied with intelligent life. Logically, there should exist extraterrestrial life somewhere in the universe, i am certain. And if they get a hold of our music, and think it`s horrible then decide to track it back here and destroy our planet, i´ll say: Told ya so!

aika

Can't get enough of FH
why there should be a reason for something to exist? And why intelligent life is the justification for their existance? kinda weird logic fettoken :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
More interesting, and rather boring, thing is:

What if we're the last race in the galaxy?

EVEN MORE boring:

What if we're the ancient race? aka, the first.

Also, f*ck sending beatles, send out a collection of; alien, aliens, predator, starship troopers etc etc and show those alien f*cks who we are and what we do for a living!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
why there should be a reason for something to exist? And why intelligent life is the justification for their existance? kinda weird logic fettoken :)

Wierd how ? It is just common logic.

edit: Or at least my personal opinion...

Riquel

Banned
The star Pikeh just posted is the largest known in the Universe, however I don't doubt that there are millions much, much larger. I could get lost in Wikipedia for quite a while looking up this info, not sure if it's 100% legitimate though.

Marc

FH is my second home
Ive just this minute started on my path to doing a degree in Astrophysics. Anyone know if its hard?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
it is :) unless you're good in math/physics

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ive just this minute started on my path to doing a degree in Astrophysics. Anyone know if its hard?

Yes, unless you're a natural mathematician and find physics easy

I've a mate who I've not seen in 20 years who's just got his professorship in Astrophysics from some west coast university. He's now based in Hawaii. Lucky bastard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom