Be glad your ping doesn't look like this !

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Just looking at the pingplots to some random places, I'm very thankful that the one to GOA looks like this :

193.252.123.177_pingplot.gif

And not this :

pingplot.gif

Darzil

MaCaBr3

Banned
Ur isp has a serious peering problem between 2 backbones. Probably Uk->US. Good luck.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
read the pic mate, he is checking download.com. That an US site. 300+ ms ping is pretty crap though

/edit omg 200+ ms for an UK hop is the crap. Get a real provider imo :>

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, it's crap. Work's provider, though.

Home is about 5 ms slower to GOA, and about half the latency to www.download.com.

Latency on a download won't matter though, even if I did them (it's just one of the standard ones in pingplotter).

Darzil

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Well i live in south australia and belive me DAOC is laggy, thing is in the shops they sell the US server version of DAOC..........the US i futher away from aus than france is.....

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
We had major problems in the summer after a undersea cable off the coast of India was ruptured. Pings to Excal were at times >1300 ms. Thankfully all fixed and now below 200 mS all green on the Perf here in sunny Dubai.:D

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I get some wierd lag spikes. Very small ones variating around 0 and 800ms id reccon. And my ISP is fine. It started after clustering.

MaCaBr3

Banned
old.windforce said:
read the pic mate, he is checking download.com. That an US site. 300+ ms ping is pretty crap though

/edit omg 200+ ms for an UK hop is the crap. Get a real provider imo :>

Yeah I know it's an us site, but download.com have some massive backbones, on my isp I still have 120ms to download.com

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
personally made my 1st 2 lvl 50 chars whit ping ~2 sec.
area where i live didnt have DSL connections available that time, and 56kb mobem have huge cost per minute.
had new cellular whit gprs connection, cost nothing to use -> why not use :D

rarely joined any events, most time was alone exping in dungeons, exping different zones.
caster class was pain to play, melee worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom