BBC news website writing

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Once the latest transit has passed, the next pair will not occur until 2117 and 2125. Most people alive today will probably be dead by then.

From the transit of Venus article. Are these things written by 12yo's? Really? :(:(:(

Kryten

Old Cow.
BBC website is staffed entirely by mongs and wikipedia monkies these days. The quality of writing is piss poor, full of errors and worse still, by people who have opinions close to that of the average Daily Mail writer.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah it's gash, they don't even run it through a spell checker. In this age the website should be the best produced part of the BBC, I imagine it has more people looking at it than their 6pm news program.

TdC

I mean, seriously...if *I* notice it, then it's pretty damn poor :-(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
OK, what? I've just read the article. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i think he means that if you write "the next one will be in 2117" and omit the "most people will probably be dead by then" no one would miss it terribly

the article is in effect "infantilised" - this seems quite common throughout the BBC even on their TV shows, they seem to be aiming for the dumbass part of the market rather than doing what they (at least used to be) good at and producing interesting, intelligent shows.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It makes me worried about what to expect with the Horizon special tonight.
Informative TV, or "Blimey, Planets eh!"

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Why are you reading the BBC anyway? - You don't contribute to it's greatness:rolleyes: , besides, we invented the language, therefore we can edit it at our own disposal. ;)

TdC

I'm reading the BBC because that's where I used to go for an anglifiled version of cnn
normally I just read al jezera, the onion and the register

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm reading the BBC because that's where I used to go for an anglifiled version of cnn
normally I just read al jezera, the onion and the register

Your studies highlight that this statement is incorrect ;)

The Beeb is shit, I sometimes get the feeling that what ever they do, they still get our money, so it doesn't matter how good they are.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Iplayer makes the BBC as a whole worth it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it's gash, they don't even run it through a spell checker. In this age the website should be the best produced part of the BBC, I imagine it has more people looking at it than their 6pm news program.

Call me old-fashioned but I'd rather the BBC got out of online news altogether, and focussed its efforts on television and radio.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Call me old-fashioned but I'd rather the BBC got out of online news altogether, and focussed its efforts on television and radio.

That makes no sense at all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Old fashioned? That's plain extinct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom