Bbc Dvd

X

xane

My quest to find DVDs of the "good old days" always ends in some BBC dead-end.

Red Dwarf - what is the damn problem with bringing out all of the series on DVD, how come its taken over a year to get Series I - III out, the videos have been around for absolutely ages, if they blame the programming for the fancy menus then they shouldn't bother as it drives me up the wall.

Bottom - another comedy great, no sign of Series II or beyond ?

Doctor Who - how can they miss this marketing opportunity, the slow dripping of BBC Doctor Who releases on DVD is appalling, and they're concentrating on the early years too, what is the point, everyone loves at least one of the Bakers.

Bloody David Attenborough - where is the "basic" collection of Life series; Life on Earth, The Living Planet and The Trials of Life ? Instead they've mixed it all up with the spin offs and you have to fork out over £100 for a six disk set or pay the same amount for the three DVDs individually.

Blakes 7 - Series I out in January, what about the other Series ?

:(

X

xane

I video'ed Blackadder the first time round, plus all the "specials" ;) I have Back and Forth on DVD tho.

Does the Boxset contain all the "specials" as well ?

C

Cdr

Not entirely sure.

Have all of them on either video or tapped off the TV - dunno if its worth a purchase, would make a good crimbo present for my dad :|

E

Embattle

I did contact the BBC shop about why great programs like People's Century was on VHS but hadn't been transferred to DVD as yet, they gave me a address to post a letter too.

As for Red Dwarf I believe it is being spaced out so they are finally all out by the time the movie arrives.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by xane
I video'ed Blackadder the first time round, plus all the "specials" ;) I have Back and Forth on DVD tho.

Does the Boxset contain all the "specials" as well ?

NOT the Complete Box Set, 5 November, 2003
Reviewer: polymathx from Sheffield United Kingdom
The title of this item is totally misleading - it's just the four series, whereas the USA version (published quite a while ago) includes Blackadder's Christams Carol, Back and Forth and the short The Cavalier Years which really does make it complete.

The USA version also includes cast bios, historical notes, and other special features, whereas this UK version has nothing beyond the episodes themselves

W

whipped

I know we're talking about BBC but CH.4 can be just as bad. I've been waiting for an official release of season 2 of Black Books for ages now. You can get it on Region 0 from the states, but I'm not sure what that one comes with.

W

WPKenny

What is it with these BBC DVD's and them giving all the best ones to the yanks?

E

Embattle

Damn, just found out I have to wait until Aug 2004 for the Michael Palin's Full Circle :(

E

ECA

Red Dwarf is being released one every 6 months. Complete all series all extra boxset will be released AFTER they are all out.

utter ****s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom