bb Camlann

Dutx

One of Freddy's beloved
was rip for a long time.. guess now any sign of cluster with mordred is over.

are you guys going to leave Mordred online and are you still going to give Mordred some patch love with Ghost copies or whatever type of Patch love?

Lhyrup_EAMythic posted:It looks like the Mordred characters will be given the option to transfer off. We investigated the possibility of transferring the European PvP players to Mordred, but their active population is just as small as Mordred's, so that isn't a viable option. The problem is that our staff just isn't big enough to fully support a PvP ruleset, but we do to salvage the characters and players who still want to play.

Best,
Lori

So mordred is being removed then? By this I mean the server is being taken down?

Lhyrup_EAMythic posted:Yes It will be an archive like the others.

They will prolly do the same thing with camlann - let u transfer off to normal servers and close down the server

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
well transferring my Camlann chars to RVR servers is third best option but will make me rich

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
I do not know what the hell is going on with these forums, but I can only reply to posts and cannot create a new thread anywhere. here is a link to My DAoC database, it has alot of GoA videos also in it, could someone go to the DAoC General forums and make a thread for this database so everyone can see the videos if they want?
Index of /DAoC-Videos

I still have around 500 videos left to upload but here is what I have so far.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Camlann was nothing but griefing bastards who couldn't look beyond their own noses. You were all terrible people

No real friendships were made on the server and it is no wonder it didn't last

Everz

FH is my second home
Camlann was nothing but griefing bastards who couldn't look beyond their own noses. You were all terrible people

Lies, I made alot of friends both on Camlann/Mord.

Who could forget the legendary Hoff times running round with Bahu :D?

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
I never played on Camlann, heard alot of great things about it though but on Mordred ... so many people talk trash about us, but in truth some of most fondest memories in my gaming life come from Mordred.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture

Such bullshit, still playing with the same people as 6 years ago on Camlann

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
couldn't be more wrong there cornokz

i knew a few people from other games when i started out, worked our way up and found some like minded people and played with them every other day.. there is so much to play for when it's pvp, great sense of companionship within guilds

don't get me wrong i played in some good groups on rvr servers, but the fucking elitism is ridiculous, far worse than /level 20's griefing eachother

Everz

FH is my second home
Idd, coke is raging b/c he got chained in goth/cots but refused to leave :<

<3

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
every bit of trash talk i received made my erection that bit stronger

stafrin

Loyal Freddie
I made friends that still are friends but we havent played the game in years..

CorNokZ

I'm just saying you got no one else to blame for your deserted server, but yourselves.. I got to lvl50 and grinded all the way myself, but everytime I went out to get some toa gear or just tried to get in a guild or talk to someone I got ganked. Either you were in an elite guild or you were on your own

You killed your server, aswell as the people on Mordred killed theirs

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Bonedancers wounded the server, warlocks killed it.

Being in a guild was what made the server unique and fun. Not being in one obviously did the reverse. I admit there weren't many guild recruiting people who didn't have a history on the server but that isn't very different from RvR servers.

I started to play Camlann at the introduction of new frontiers with a necro and a cleric buffbot. Took me 3 months of being ganked by evil Skold to get in good guild. Giving up after 2 weeks is not in my thing :flame:

The concept of pvp for DAOC is still awesome. Only way it is going to work with the current population numbers is if people / guild can char copy their RvR toons to Mordred and the porting away in combat issue is solved.

Dutx

One of Freddy's beloved
Guilds on PvP server meant more than the one's on a RvR server. Ur guild here was like your realm in some way and yes, you we're pritty much dependent on one if u wanted to acomplish anything but nevertheless you could play some solo classes and didnt really need a guild.

And abaut the comunity, ofc there was rivarly mainly between guilds, but that was normal. I've made many friends on camlann that i mostly played with ever since the server was dead and even other games (wh etc)

Shintari

Fledgling Freddie
community on camlann was different. but different in a good way.

as guilds and friends were essential and somehow your last resort, relationships were by far more deep and honest (which is a contradiction to the fact above, but true). you were either a horde, requiem, nexus, adrenaline, ruin etc. member, and that is by heart. not some loose bound with no values as you will find it on a normal server. on camlann, you identified yourself with the guild and its values, which made it by far more exciting. the guild defined which community you are in.

fuck the community on normal servers, their guilds mean nothing to the most players, since their is no need. everything can be accomplished without a guild.

so if some random tard comes around and wants to tell that there were no real friendships made - deeply wrong my dear, and i really feel sorry for you that you never had the chance to become part of a real community.

i think this is what distinguishes a pvp from a normal server.

and it really makes me sad that camlann is a closed book, for good. it was an unique expierence. and pretty awesome ;) and friendships were made and sustained till today.

so fuck you cornokz :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
C0rn is a n00b, but I do have to agree (slightly) with you Shin... HOWEVER, there ARE people on the RvR servers I still talk to and meet IRL, so it's the same on both.

CorNokZ

First was all like: lol you crazy camlann was the shit! We had best comunity

Now it's all like: Yeah, if you didn't have a guild we chain ganked the shit out of you and all the other regular players

Elitism killed your server.. You're all the elitist players.. You killed your server.. I lol'd

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
pff i helped randoms level and handed out gear / plats

just not you :p.

CorNokZ

You handed out plats and got them banned? Great help :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom