battler with sally?

Owl

Fledgling Freddie
is battler doable with fully buffed sally, fop and cleric and minstrel having WM5?

and more important, can he be approached? because i read on VoS that there are a number of guarded bridges to get past in order to reach him.

Sixpack

Fledgling Freddie
Aye no problem. Doable with buffed sally and bb with fop.
Just deal with the aggro as you approach the encounter.

Six

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Aren´t Battler almost magic immune and most of the damage a sally does is magic. But itmight go but dont expect the usual walk in the park with the sally.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, I've failed every time with a mincer + sally (although he's cake with a servant necro and fop bot).

Sally's damage output is hideously bad against Battler. Better to take a centaur warrior since they style (you need to be RR7+ to pet one of those lvl60 pets). If you do take a sally, your bot will go OOP too fast to keep up with the heals. Might be possible if you take a 2nd rejuv cleric or a sight necro to feed power into the BB.

Perhaps the guys claiming that it's possible will give you more information on how they did it with a sally and fop bot...

As for the approach, there's a route you can take which has only 1 bridge with 2 or 3 red-con taurs on it - very easy to handle. I'll post a map of the route later (if I remember!).

Teheron

Fledgling Freddie
Ive done it a few times with a sally.. it can be done aslong as hes in hes lowest lvl.. if hes higher the damg output on a sally can be to low..

The hard part is getting him to stick to the sally and nog going after anyone else..

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Teheron said:
Ive done it a few times with a sally.. it can be done aslong as hes in hes lowest lvl.. if hes higher the damg output on a sally can be to low..

The hard part is getting him to stick to the sally and nog going after anyone else..

That's been the main problem for me - when he's baby-sized he refuses to stick to the pet/character that aggros him and he charges for the healer as soon as they heal the first time (ofc, you leave cleric outside his tether so you never get a dead bot)... Perhaps there's a tactic for getting baby-Battler to stick to the sally? Anyone who can share information?

I find it much easier to just suicide my necro into baby battler until he sticks the necro pet. :fluffle:

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
And I'm back at work, after forgetting to post a map of the route :D

I'll describe it with the help of these maps:

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/Maps/ToA/TyphonsReach/typhons-reach.pdf

From volc entrance, go south to Tarts Gift. Then head east and cross the bridge (no aggro at this bridge). Follow the shore line north, then east till you reach the next bridge - cross this bridge (again, no aggro here). You are now on "Sally Island" (it's labelled as "Snatchers Tale Artifact" on the map. Hug close to the shoreline and go a little east, then north to the next bridge (the one at the NE corner of Sally Island). This bridge is the only one you may find aggro on (at most, 3 red-con taurs - often it's completely empty - pull them 1 by 1 and it's an easy fight). Head East across this bridge and go a little north to the shoreline. Hug the shoreline very tightly and head east into Ashen Isle (beware - there is quite a bit of purp-con aggro around the fortress, so stay very tight to the shoreline to avoid it).

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/Maps/ToA/AshenIsle/ashen-isle.pdf

In Ashen Isle, keep hugging the shore to the east/south-east until you hit the bridge. There may be purp-con aggro guarding the bridge, but they will wander away from the steps, allowing you to run across the bridge onto Chimera island. Once on Chimera Island, hug the shore to the NE and cross the (aggro-free) bridge to Battler Island. Done.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
I tried it with sally and my it lasted a whole lot longer than necro pet did, but becuase of no DS the damage done over-time didnt compare to the necro's ability to tank it and do damage to bring it down even at higher levels with ease. The damage it was taking wouldnt balance out against the damage it had done and the amount of heals it was getting from bot. I'm sure though if you're using a L60 centaur pet then its alot easier even at higher levels.

Teheron

Fledgling Freddie
pbaz said:
That's been the main problem for me - when he's baby-sized he refuses to stick to the pet/character that aggros him and he charges for the healer as soon as they heal the first time (ofc, you leave cleric outside his tether so you never get a dead bot)... Perhaps there's a tactic for getting baby-Battler to stick to the sally? Anyone who can share information?

I find it much easier to just suicide my necro into baby battler until he sticks the necro pet. :fluffle:

Well the times ive managed to get him to stick to sally its been luck i guess.. dont know if there are any "tricks" to do this.. i usually just keep trying until he finally sticks.. altho i have tried alot of times when ive had to give up after 1hour or so of trying..

Its much more easy to get him down with a necro then a sally.. he sticks easier and he goes down much faster.. altho abit more healing is required

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Teheron said:
Well the times ive managed to get him to stick to sally its been luck i guess.. dont know if there are any "tricks" to do this..

The only trick I've found that consistently works is:

1 - Pull Battler as normal.
2 - Heal with bot as normal.
3 - If Battler aggros bot (who is outside tether range and, therefore, 100% safe), disengage combat. Battler will walk back to the middle of the island after hitting his tether and rapidly heal up to 100%.
4 - Suicide necro into Battler to level him up 1 level.
5 - Rez necro, rebuff and return to step 1.

Keep suiciding necro into Battler until he sticks on the necro pet, no matter how much the bot heals. In my experience baby Battler needs 3-5 suicides before he sticks 100% on the first character to aggro him.

Please note - if someone has suicided a cleric into Battler when you're trying to farm him with a necro (or low level mincer pet, I expect), my advice is to walk away. He will get down to around 10-30% and then pretty much chain heal. At best, you'll kill him after a few hours. At worst, he'll completely outheal your damage. :)

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
DrunkSkunk said:
get a tic for the dmg shield :D

ml9sorc uber pet and dmg shield = win

Original poster was asking if it's possible with mincer + sally. ;)

Teheron

Fledgling Freddie
pbaz said:
Please note - if someone has suicided a cleric into Battler when you're trying to farm him with a necro (or low level mincer pet, I expect), my advice is to walk away. He will get down to around 10-30% and then pretty much chain heal. At best, you'll kill him after a few hours. At worst, he'll completely outheal your damage. :)

hehe been there done that.. so damn annoying when he chain heals faster then u can hurt him with a sally pet.. :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I believe the trick in getting battler to stick at low levels is to attack a different mob with the sally and let battler wander into range and attack.
Maybe someone who's tried it more could comment on if this actually works or not.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
"like he doesnt have tic friends? "

Yes, but even if he has. His question was if its possible with sally+bot.

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
from experience when Battler is Small his aggo will stick on a target if left for a while with out any distrubence making him easier to kill. Where as if he is Big he is a bastard and heals himself shit loads aoe nukes all the time so try it with a sally when he is small and u should have no problem leave ur sally on him for a bit while u walk away from him about 20-30 seconds of the battler hittin him should keep aggo

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
I have done it with 2 mincers, wiz (for eb an damage shiled) an fop cleric...
Can be done by 1 mincer also will just take some time... The getting agro is the only hard part about this encounter rest is easy.. When i do it with my friend i normally do like this : eb an damage shield the pets an send them in to attack battler.. sometimes they get agro an sometimes not so guess its all about how lucky you are...

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
I have done it with 2 mincers, wiz (for eb an damage shiled) an fop cleric...
Can be done by 1 mincer also will just take some time... The getting agro is the only hard part about this encounter rest is easy.. When i do it with my friend i normally do like this : eb an damage shield the pets an send them in to attack battler.. sometimes they get agro an sometimes not so guess its all about how lucky you are...

its wrong!! ppl gonna QQ about its being asked for bot and mincer :puke:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
DrunkSkunk said:
its wrong!! ppl gonna QQ about its being asked for bot and mincer :puke:

read again.. said it could be done with mincer an bot in same way

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Messiah said:
from experience when Battler is Small his aggo will stick on a target if left for a while with out any distrubence making him easier to kill.

This is how the aggro code works for all mobs. :D

The assumptions here (during those 20-30 seconds when you leave the pet on Battler) are :

1 - Battler doesn't kill the pet (obviously! ;))
2 - The pet hits Battler enough times and does enough damage (or healproc fires enough times) to hold the aggro on pet, even when the cleric starts healing.

Maybe I've just been quite unlucky, but my sally pets have not been able to meet both of these assumptions when I've tried. :)

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
pbaz said:
This is how the aggro code works for all mobs. :D

The assumptions here (during those 20-30 seconds when you leave the pet on Battler) are :

1 - Battler doesn't kill the pet (obviously! ;))
2 - The pet hits Battler enough times and does enough damage (or healproc fires enough times) to hold the aggro on pet, even when the cleric starts healing.

Maybe I've just been quite unlucky, but my sally pets have not been able to meet both of these assumptions when I've tried. :)

Baz, then stay up late(or early) and come play at our(my) playtime, so we can go test it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom