XBOX360 Battlefield 4

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Played the beta. Interesting. No ballistics yet, I'm hoping they're going to add that to the full game otherwise it'll suck giant monkey cock. Also I hope they fix the graphics glitch that plagues me on BF3. Nothing more annoying than being shot at by a sniper when they're so far away they get lost on the terrain. Can't even count the number of times I've been fruitlessly shooting at the spot where the bullets are coming from. Particularly irritating on the best sniper map, Operation Firestorm.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Been playing it for the last 4 hours 41 minutes, currently in a queue for a refund. EA have sold out and as a result Battlefield ceases to exist, its just a glorified Call of Duty with flashy graphics and a big server count now.

Key things that ruined it for me

- Virtually no bullet drop, was firing a low caliber SMG across a large map before, was basically sniping people with with it.

- Virtually no recoil on any gun excluding LMG's, don't even have to compensate guns anymore its just point and hold left mouse down for the most part.

- Quick scope on sniper rifles, you can look down a sniper scope faster than you can look down the iron sights of an assault rifle or SMG.

If EA continue down this path with future Battlefields the title and game is basically dead, they may as well just sell the writes to Bobby Kotick and have done with it rather than trying to emulate Call of Dutys bro-shooter success/gameplay on the Frostbyte engine with Battlefield pasted on top of it.

Last edited:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Been playing it for the last 4 hours 41 minutes, currently in a queue for a refund. EA have sold out and as a result Battlefield ceases to exist, its just a glorified Call of Duty with flashy graphics and a big server count now.

Key things that ruined it for me

- Virtually no bullet drop, was firing a low caliber SMG across a large map before, was basically sniping people with with it.

- Virtually no recoil on any gun excluding LMG's, don't even have to compensate guns anymore its just point and hold left mouse down for the most part.

- Quick scope on sniper rifles, you can look down a sniper scope faster than you can look down the iron sights of an assault rifle or SMG.

If EA continue down this path with future Battlefields the title and game is basically dead, they may as well just sell the writes to Bobby Kotick and have done with it rather than trying to emulate Call of Dutys bro-shooter success/gameplay on the Frostbyte engine with Battlefield pasted on top of it.

HAHAH i fucking TOLD YOU !

listen more scrub :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
EA have sold out.
Have you been in a Columbian jungle prison for 10 years or something?

Mass market shooters were killed by console kids demanding bro shooters. BF3 showed early signs of shiteness.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Have you been in a Columbian jungle prison for 10 years or something?

Mass market shooters were killed by console kids demanding bro shooters. BF3 showed early signs of shiteness.

Yes but BF3 was still alright and was still deemed Battlefield - this monstrosity is not.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought it was pretty tedious really, so glad I got it for free with my graphics card. BF2 was far better than BF3

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I thought it was pretty tedious really, so glad I got it for free with my graphics card. BF2 was far better than BF3

BF2 was better yea, BF3 wasn't anywhere near as bad as BF4 is tho.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The 4.5/5 and 9/10 scores for Battlefield 4 made me laugh.

If I had to give it an honest score i'd give it a 6/10

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Magazine and website reviews are bought and paid for these days.

Wait and see what indi reviewers have to say about it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Nice to know. Considering I didn't like BF3 and I liked the last CoD game more.. But then, this is just on consoles obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom