Batteries

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
So what they're saying is don't pay for all those well known named brands. Just get cheapo Kodak ones from Poundland?
There are times when you *need* lithium batteries. Digital cameras with lots of flash need the punch lithium batteries can keep on providing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Batteries

mmm. Who cares? Does anything even use them any more? The stupid things that come 4 in a box?

I think the last time I used them I had military batteries (they last forever!) that my dad got from work...I haven't spoken to my dad in about 5 years.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Everytime I need some, they've mysteriously disappeared from the drawer. Better check under the bed.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pfft, they are all plug in and charge these days, like the tooth brushes.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
My LG TV controller requires batteries :( Got it 3 years ago or so, only recently have they been playing up. Means I need a new TV!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Childrens toys need loads of batteries....although I tend to "lose" those fairly quickly!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I use lots of batteries, I wish someone would make some rechargeable lithium AAs.

I bought 4 of these a year back, they've saved me a bloody fortune:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ipowerus-9v-520.html

Long overdue Tom, the tech is there and affordable but they do no want to kill off the throw away battery business, it generates billions and billions in revenue. Sadly they are an enviromental disaster, we throw billions of the bastards in the rubbish every year, resources we could reuse or use more sensibly but all the while creating toxic mountains of stuff that won't break down down for thousands of years or more.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
My mp3 player uses tiny batteries 'cause i'd rather have a new mp3 player every 6 months if need be for 3 years, then spruce out for one with a charger. Cheaper and same result :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom