Bathrooms - carpet or lino ?

Bathrooms - carpet or lino ?

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
A lot of people hate carpet in bathrooms
Some like the warmth a carpet offers
What about piss-stains around the toilet ?
But lino can be really slippy and cold (underfloor heating is expensive to install), but easier to clean and hygeinic

Laddey

FH is my second home
Lino deffo, it's not hard to wack abit of lino down or a few tiles. It's also easier to clean the piss stains up.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
men are men...we miss!! wehter it be due to alcohol or bein haf asleep we always do so lino/tiles are the only way....carpet is just rotten!

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
At my current place we have wooden floors with nails coming out, after a year I've managed to navigate them and I now know where to step, this is 'cos my landlord says that it looks cool (the wood not nails), however we all know in the house that it's cos he's too poor.

However, I've lived in both tile floored and carpet floored. I think with tiled floors it's a bit slippy and it's easier to see piss, shower gel, slug slime etc, but it's also easier however seeing the white tile stuff go from bright white to dirty grey over a short time is dis-heartening and really hard to get rid of.

In regards to carpets, I think this is purely down to if you use the bath or shower more, and if you you have a shower whether or not you have a curtain, no curtain or perhaps a sliding door. In regards to carpet I think there is more to take into consideration. i.e when in the bath and you go full under the water, the water level rises and can cause it togo over the side, with carpet it soaks this up and u never really want to go in the bathroom for fear you may get wet socks (much like when doing the washing up and water spills over onto the floor and you have to wipe up the overflowing water with a damp cloth). If you have a shower and you have a carpet I think aslong as you have a sliding door, your gonna be fine, but if you have a curtain then perhaps going for a tiled floor would be better, as then you can possibly alternate between baths and showers, which I think of as a kinda half-way solution, radox tonight or lynx shower gel? Hmm.

Anyway I voted tiles on base principle of it being more versa"tile" and probably cheap, although harder to hide stains but will dry quicker preventing wet socks and also show wet spots on the floor easier around the shitter, bath/shower and basin.

Laddey

FH is my second home
men are men...we miss!! wehter it be due to alcohol or bein haf asleep we always do so lino/tiles are the only way....carpet is just rotten!

I tend to sit down if i'm half asleep or pissed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom