Batch File

P

[PS]Riddler

I need a little info, what im trying to do is create a batch file to run a program, the thing is im not too good in DOS sooo what i need it to do is, run the little black command box hidden (so the little black box dosent show on the screen), run the program, then exit the command window, leaving the program running in the foreground!

Any help is appriciated :D

Regards

- Riddler

P

PR.

You shouldn't need to do all that just put the programs path and exe name in notepad then File > Save as > "Batch.bat" (include uotes) and thats it

C

Clowneh!

The command prompt window won't automatically close tho.

P

PR.

Originally posted by Clowneh!
The command prompt window won't automatically close tho.

It does when you close the program, or at least it does on mine

C

Clowneh!

Can't we get it to automatically close after it's done its work?
We being the bloke who started the thread :)

T

Tom

Try putting exit on the 2nd line of the batch file

F

FatBusinessman

Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi
why not just run the program? ;)
The man has a point...

Failing that, if it's only one command, you can just type it in the "Run..." dialog box, along with any command parameters. This should have the same effect as a single-line batch command.

S

(Shovel)

The command I believe that you're looking for is:
Code:
start C:\MyProgram\Program.exe

The "start" command causes the program to launch in a new process - for instance, if you open the command prompt and type:
Code:
cmd
the prompt restarts, in the same window.
If you type
Code:
start cmd
then a new second command prompt opens and the first returns to the prompt.

P

[PS]Riddler

A program called Business Pilot my work use

X

Xavier

why is it that you specifically need a batch file? They're a pretty inelegant solution, if you're just looking to run command line arguments you can do the same in a shortcut, and if you want to run at startup or something of that nature there's always the startup shortcut folder!

Xav

P

[PS]Riddler

Its for Windows 2003 Terminal Server, when you set the users startup program to be BPilot on terminal server it opens the program in full screen (BPilots login screen is ment to be a little window in the center of the screen but because of Terminal Server, it goes full screen) So i thought Batch File would be easist way around it so it maximises the batch file window, closes it and runs BPilot :)

[EDIT]

Also if any of you know how to stop Terminal Server (Windows 2003 Server (Standard + Enterprise) maximising user logon program then please let me know :)

M

Mellow-

You can assign log on scripts to users in a network. But then, judging by your occupation title, you knew that already. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom