Baseline stun on casters

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
PS: Oh, what happened with the 2 out of 3 mid casters that also have lifedrain? :m00:
QUOTE]

They're spec-based spells. Sorcs, Animist, Valewalkers, and that other mage class (Cabbie? Correct me if i'm wrong) get them as base, and still do too much damage...
:m00:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Oh yeah, 2 ras and 1 spell is instantwin button now? How ironic :m00:

PS: Oh, what happened with the 2 out of 3 mid casters that also have lifedrain? :m00:

Yes it is but casters don't do same damage now with TOA as they did 2 years ago...

remember the time without DETERM / purge and SC?

guess not :E

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
9 sec stun vs 26% resists : 6,6sec
9 sec stun vs 42% resists : 5,2sec

nukes at 1,2sec , Possible WP , MoM, Pierce , ...

first: my quote was not meant to be taken serious - but my fault I have forgotten the <sarcasm> tags

second: I admit that stun > root for casters in 90% of the cases

Stun is most useful to prevent casters or healers from running away or if you get nuked to use it as self defence (/face -> qc stun). A decently equipped and high RR spec nuker will down another caster once he locks in on the target - without heals the target will die no matter how fast the target can react and cast in return to stop the attacker.

I agree that hibs got an advantage by having stun on their casters. Let's not forget though that mid and alb got their share of nice stuff as well.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
A decently equipped and high RR hib spec nuker will down another caster once he locks in on the target - without heals the target will die no matter how fast the target can react and cast in return to stop the attacker.

There, fixed it for ya, you've been playing with relics too long tbh :)

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
first: my quote was not meant to be taken serious - but my fault I have forgotten the <sarcasm> tags

second: I admit that stun > root for casters in 90% of the cases

Stun is most useful to prevent casters or healers from running away or if you get nuked to use it as self defence (/face -> qc stun). A decently equipped and high RR spec nuker will down another caster once he locks in on the target - without heals the target will die no matter how fast the target can react and cast in return to stop the attacker.

I agree that hibs got an advantage by having stun on their casters. Let's not forget though that mid and alb got their share of nice stuff as well.
You forgot to add on the self-defence bit: face -> QC stun -> nuke -> nuke -> dead enemy caster who had advantage by targetting you first but lost it cus of one baseline ability.

Trouble is hibs got one too many advantages imo, stun on casters really helping with the hybrid vs hybrid fights we are seeing a lot of recently, only decent way to counter (without relying on anyone else interupting) is with nearsight and once again hibs get it on a far better spec line than albs. Warden is perfect to play bg/grapple boy, druids with pets and root, and bard always providing the remaining utility a group needs. GP is also a huge help when you run a group with only 1 maybe 2 det classes.

In terms of casters only mid and alb are pretty even, its the 3 healer setup and thusly 3xFZ that give mids the advantage, but we should already know albs have it hardest of the three realms, at least until next patch!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Archeon said:
Support can only heal because god only knows everything else they do is lame.
That'd be a rejuv cleric then ;)

Personally I have baseline stun on my caster and I don't feel at all overpowered :(

Then again I don't nuke for 700 :(

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Then again I don't nuke for 700 :(

Yeah, but your a noob so that doesn't really count. Don't forget when demanding nerfs you only mention the top 10% of players and ignore the 90% that could only get that sort of damage if they got a perfect crit ;)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
garbannoch said ... I admit that stun > root for casters in 90% of the cases

I agree that hibs got an advantage by having stun on their casters...

amen.

as an ice wiz.... i am `powerless` vs a hib caster who knows his shit.

/last attacker
/face
/qcast stun... owns
--- note that the above only takes 1 button on a nostromo---
/dd /dd /dd

explain me how i can win such a fight only using standard abilities.. i can`t kill a hib caster at range before he fucks me up with a qcast stun and finishes me off....

for albs, the only certain way to win fights is to zerg the living daylight out of the opponents. 8 x 25 rp is better than drop dead in every fight within 3 secs and release without rp...

i think the video illustrated well enough that for a quality alb fg, a random enemy fg is a challenge...

we are lemmings... our only strength is our numbers.

Gajinn

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, albs are totally chancless and when an alb group wins it is only because of far superior skill, given the outrageous crap they've been handed as an excuse for classes. TBH!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
explain me how i can win such a fight only using standard abilities.. i can`t kill a hib caster at range before he fucks me up with a qcast stun and finishes me off....

win CC (i know grp purge etc, but if u have the jump it still helps), get a theurg that spams pet on support/casters, get cabas 3 shoting enemy casters, body sorc debuffing etc, its not impossible. [yea QQ mid says it]

1vs1 u cant rly win against any decent hib caster only if you 2 shot him with bolts if fire spec mabeh :p (mainly talking about enchanter with low util), but as a grp you got the chance to kill them. (need decent interrupter, and try to get out of range if they moc :))
Anyways, my main problem with hib casters is not the stun, but the insane dmg output of theirs. 99% chance that they dont even need to stun as they will 3 shot u (not debuffed, just sum spec line dd with high resist pierce). Ok mostly high rrs doing teh insane dmg, but sure its takes the piss sometimes :p think Athina did 2k dmg on my sm in 3 dd-s in 4s or less :E
brehon luriment chain DDing for 512dmg bla bla :>. And not debuffed, imagen that with proper debuff :E. Well hope i can try my caster with 3 pow relics once :)

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
/last attacker
/face
/qcast stun... owns
--- note that the above only takes 1 button on a nostromo---
/dd /dd /dd

for albs, the only certain way to win fights is to zerg the living daylight out of the opponents. 8 x 25 rp is better than drop dead in every fight within 3 secs and release without rp...

i think the video illustrated well enough that for a quality alb fg, a random enemy fg is a challenge...

we are lemmings... our only strength is our numbers.

lol, dont allow em to cast /shrug
spam ae mezz, spam ae root, spam ae smite, send caba pets (cant even moc if you have such a thing on you), send sorc pets, send theurgist pets, send minstrel to interrupt

sure you are a lemming if you dont know what good alb group can do
never had big problems with hibs if we have good shaman in group, even with group purges, baseline stuns and other stuff (nearsight sucks tho)
but lately have problems with alb groups with 2-3 sorcs 2 cabalists and theurgist in it
learn how to play

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Ckiller said:
Have to ask hib casters do u really think its ok to have a almost i-win button?? dont u guys want more from the game?

nice whine QQ :wub:

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
yes, i'm so happy i have stun and tanks get det5 :rolleyes: i wouldnt trade for anything. honest

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Archeon said:
Yeah, but your a noob so that doesn't really count. Don't forget when demanding nerfs you only mention the top 10% of players and ignore the 90% that could only get that sort of damage if they got a perfect crit ;)

doesn't matter if I'm not a noob :p it delves at 176 and I don't get acuity buffs ;)

Smite ftw!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nuked said:
yes, i'm so happy i have stun and tanks get det5 :rolleyes: i wouldnt trade for anything. honest

because everyone knows there's no non-tanks out in RvR... everything you ever meet is a tank with det 5. Nobody plays a caster healer stealther or whatever in RvR - that'd be silly.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.anubis said:
lol, dont allow em to cast /shrug
spam ae mezz, spam ae root, spam ae smite, send caba pets (cant even moc if you have such a thing on you), send sorc pets, send theurgist pets, send minstrel to interrupt

sure you are a lemming if you dont know what good alb group can do
never had big problems with hibs if we have good shaman in group, even with group purges, baseline stuns and other stuff (nearsight sucks tho)
but lately have problems with alb groups with 2-3 sorcs 2 cabalists and theurgist in it
learn how to play

we don't get ranged instamezz ;) if a minstrel can get range 700 they can stop one of the hib nukers from stunning...

It's a powerful ability but I'd agree with the people saying "there's other equally cheesy shit out there" as there is. Just annoying when you get nuked to bits with no comeback (gifv 50% on my CBs :p)

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
you all realise that the only advantage hib casters have is the stun, which isnt really that much of an advantage anyway, but isnt it sorta silly that the caster realm doesnt have better nukes, better uv casters etc.?

We can probably all agree that midgard has the best damage dealers in melee, and the albs has the most uv in their classes, the only thing hib has better than everyone else in anything is their single stun on casters, personally i'd like to trade the single stun for higher value nukes or something along those lines, afterall we hibs are supposed to be the caster realm.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
stun is to good.
so is root/mezz on main ccer
so is pulsing ae interrupts
so is...

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Fyric said:
you all realise that the only advantage hib casters have is the stun, which isnt really that much of an advantage anyway, but isnt it sorta silly that the caster realm doesnt have better nukes, better uv casters etc.?

We can probably all agree that midgard has the best damage dealers in melee, and the albs has the most uv in their classes, the only thing hib has better than everyone else in anything is their single stun on casters, personally i'd like to trade the single stun for higher value nukes or something along those lines, afterall we hibs are supposed to be the caster realm.

3 pow relics, selfdebuffing for range - pet - dps debuff - pbae chanter is abit more then single target stun >< and mana eld is one of the higher uved casters also >< Animist for keeps, i do think u are the caster realm still.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
we have ultraviolet casters? :)

or did you mean utility value - in which case - have you looked at the wizard?

now sorcs are good I'll grant you ;) shame wizards are teh suck :(

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
blaze said:
alb got bolt range mezz.
WHich i would trade for instant any day =P

and if u would do the other way around....deal!!!

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
remove cleric insta mezz imo.. so freaking overpowered!
;)
:wub:

btw is monday official bs whine day now?
casted stun lasts less than one second on a det 5 tank (or mine did), if you're not a tank you have purge or another healer to heal you, if you're a stealther QQ more there is some class that you can't insta own wahaaaaaaaaa...
hibs are going to be fucked in NF w/o group purge so they will need it, stop whining about every little thing

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
stun is to good.
so is root/mezz on main ccer
so is pulsing ae interrupts
so is...

tbh I would hate to play a main CCer if it didn't have mezz :(

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
we have ultraviolet casters?

or did you mean utility value - in which case - have you looked at the wizard?

now sorcs are good I'll grant you shame wizards are teh suck

ya wizzies suck util wice... but they are nice dmg dealers tho

fire:
2 bolts, ranged AE nuke and a 219 delve DD in same line

Ice:
pbaoe, ranged AE nuke, and 2 "spec nukes"(179 delve tho) 1 debuff and 1 snare, plus 1 2.5 spd baseling nuke:p

Earth:
the fotm spec, spec bolt, spec DoT(!), AE nuke with snare, GTAoE and last but not least AE root :p

but ofc a nearsight would not hurt or some stat debuffs :p (loads of dex debuffs imo !)

but still a Stun > me casting unless I have purge up :(

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Fyric said:

alb the uv realm \o/ thats a new one, weird that mid healers/shammies and hib eld/bard gets way more util than any alb class.

Hibs are definitely gonna need to rework their groups for NF, with all these light elds and chanters rarely using pbae I don't see the problem taking a mentalist...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom