BarrysWorld Q3DM League

B

bigfoot

The number of good TDM maps remains quite low and with the game mode losing popularity it is questionable whether there is any need to introduce new maps. If you think there is then i'm open to suggestions, the 4 above i think are probably the most popular alternatives but q3dm12tmp might be another one to include.

R

raw.

come on bif, sort it out.

dm12tmp is three times the map any of those listed above.

V

verb

Dm12tmp

I would also much prefer DM12TMP to any of the above.

However, im happy with the current standard maps.... with pro-dm6 being my least favorite.

S

sighlow

DM12TMP

dm12 too, gah @ whoever voted mexx/ngi

silo

M

*MAKO*

Worst map selection i have ever seen, dm12 it is....

U

[uQu]Vertigo1

Out of that lot, I'll take DM12, but given a free choice...

CPM14 !!!

C

c-thru

One or two of the maps suggested didn't seem completed or at least, balanced sufficiently for TDM. Some maps are too large imo for the mode (more distance between teams = less aggression, less expansion, relaxing your guard etc... the kind of thing I'd probably find in ra3 *cough* not TDM)

:(

Maps that are worth attention at, imho:

**NODM2 (check BWCPML site, I liked it tho haven't tried it much with OSP)
CPM9
CPM14

(** fav. alternative... Mmmm, green armour, yum!)

But also, which map are you replacing? Noticed a couple of individuals whinging about pro-q3dm6 being too ffa'ish. DM7 has been around since ze beginning, and DM14tmp is similarly archaic...

Though we'd better be keeping CPM4!!

B

blanch

eew dm12tmp :| fps powah! bring back milk! :p

K

kierz

Well to be honest from the list i would choose ngiarena2 as it seems to be makeing a come-back being in the jolt map-pool (although i know you wouldnt really like to feel your following in jolts footsteps >;p).

But if i had my own pick then id choose:
Q3dm7 (keep it in, its stilla a nice map which is propper TDM- no ffa)
Q3dm14tmp (Imo, the best TDM map ever- keep it in at all costs)
cpm4 (a close challenger of dm14 and i dont think theres any reason to remove it either)
OSPdm5 (becomeing one of the more popular maps)
OSPdm6 (dispite how much i personally hate this map, a lot of people love it, and makes for a good map...)
cpm9 (one of the funnest maps ive ever played! despite being cpma sized, i feel the main part of the map isnt that big, and it reduces the amount of spawn fragging which also reduces frustration in it, the tactics you can play on this map vastly change from clan to clan, no two games on this map ive seen have been the same... you know im right.. it deserves one season, come-on!)

Kierz-
rB'Krazine

P

phar

Maplist is fine, I dont see the point of adding a new map...

K

kusari

gotta agree with kraz cpm9 would be cool, if forced to go from the lot above then milk gets my vote.

C

c-thru

What about a change to the way/manner in which maps are chosen and played? Each clan gets to choose a fav. map or something? Ze clan chooses which map to play first & second though with restrictions on the number of times any map can be played...?

Might make a change to alter the way it's played as well?? Food for thought at least.

E

-Ermac-

maps ;)

well dont like some maps in the pol......

i choose 4 milktdm. i played this map be4 in a leuage and the map is nice 4 some good team tactics... and would like 2 see this in the leuage next season....

alll vote 4 milk please ! :)

S

son1ca

I see DM12TMP has got the nod vote-wise, but only by one :[

Personally, I dislike the map, not for FPS reasons (upgraded to handle d3 etc) but for the fact that I`ve always found it just far too big...half the rooms end up being ignored and the overall scores reflect that. Dont get me wrong, I`m not totalling in favour of cess maps, but an element of TDM has to be combat ;)

I`d prefer to see mexx get the vote really - I`ve never played it competively (the ctf equivilant a few times tho) where as dm12 has been in and out a few times I gather in various leagues. With mexx, where its been discarded by leagues, mebbe its been the old `i dont wanna learn a new map`mentality, where as now most clans would jump at the chance to play new maps...well I know bdi do =]

I guess what we need is BW or similar to run a compeitition or whatever encouraging map makers to construct a TDM map, the 1 or 2 best being used in the next league etc rather than re-visiting old maps :)

R

race

how about livening up cpm4, using a tmp version replacing the shotgun above the yellow armor near quad with a rail gun, this map would rock even more with a rail

S

son1ca

Originally posted by race
how about livening up cpm4, using a tmp version replacing the shotgun above the yellow armor near quad with a rail gun, this map would rock even more with a rail

Not a bad idea, although part of CPM4`s appeal is its rail-less-ness :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom