BarrysWorld Q3CTF League

B

bigfoot

The 6 standard maps for Season 10 of the league are more likely than not going to be CP5, CP9, W2, W3, CTF2 & W7. The 7th map is still very much open for discussion, i've tried to narrow it down to the 4 above but other suggestions (ctctf maps, that xmap pack released a couple of weeks ago) are more than welcome.

O

Ozh

!

First post !!

Just wanted to be the first to say "WIILL YUO DITCH CTF2 !!!11" :p

L

larmapoo

CTF2

CTF2 is a classic ctf map and should never be droped W2 has long out stayed it welcome producing some very boring games get rid of it. xpd map is cool btw

K

kapiter

yes

choice fine for us.

we dont appreciate w3 where there is really too much spam with PG in the middle, making our poor euro-connections in huge troubles. But we can handle this as long as our beloved CTF2 is kept in the list :)

We played CTCTF3 in savage CTF and it was a fine map. Do *not* take CTCTF2 back please.

[Zn]Kapiter

D

de*joa

xpdmap??

can someone give me a link where to dl that xpdctf1 pls cause i cant find it

de*joa

L

larmapoo

ctf

i forgot about ctctf3 ive only played it a few times and seems like it could make a good map mid can be spammy but cant most maps

L

L0stS0ul

ditch ctf2 & wctf1 both crap and both been done to death...... sayin that ditch the lot and use all new ones :clap:

D

dancingcow

cp14 is real popular in NA. The close games are real exciting, but it tends to have more than it's fair share of blowouts. Big emphasis on having tactics sorted properly.

T

Tay

CTCTF3 - When we used it in Savage it was fine lower down the leagues, but in division one its a real nightmare in mid with way too much raily/mg spammy crap :)

Q3WCP14 - Too small for 5v5 imo.

OSPCTF2 - Works fine.

Q3WCTF1 - Pings are too good these days to get anything fun on this map, we all aim too well ;)

XPDCTF1 - Not tried it yet will have a look tonight......

A

Amadon

DITCH CTF2!!!!

ctf2 is, without question, the worst piece of rubbish that ID _EVER_ produced.

it's a disgrace to all maps out there and I cannot understand why anyone would want to torture themselves playing on such utter crap

if it's included I guess we'll have to find someone else to play for me on that map because I refuse to subject myself to that anymore.

U

uiq-raven

FFS ? stupid maps??

One of these days biggi im gonna use gauntlet on u big time,!!!!!

Stupid god damn maps.
Are we playing q3 or unreal ??

Far to many maps allready.
God damn newbies all.

S

Sar

Here's a tip raven, since you're clearly having some problems grasping the point: Only one of those maps will get added to the map pool, not all of them.

And if you can't cope with 6/7 different maps over the course of a season, then for god's sakes do something less taxing on your ickle brain, like concentrating on breathing in and out. In and out. In and out. In and out...

S

son1ca

I gotta be honest, I love ctf2....pure ctf imo :p

From the list above, including the current 3w maps, I htink the followin maps should be given some consideration;

Q3WC3
Q3WC8 <-- worth a try?
Q3WCP12
Q3WCP14

CP14 is a cool map, and as my good friend dancincow says, its been used in the states for a while giving gg`s a plenty (4v4 admittedly, but 5v5 is ok on it)

THe xPd map is good aswell, although a little too open for me...but thats jsut my opinion.

Q3W1 - Nooooooooo!!!1 Terrible map, no fun, no excitement & no caps.

U

uiq-raven

Kissss sar??

Sorry biggi the gauntlet was a joke,,but i said it wrong.
i forgot the smiles on end :)

-----------
In out in out in out???
ffs sar u wet dreaming and playing with yourself again..????

S

Sar

Like that's the extraordinary state of affairs....

;)

D

dancingcow

pickups are always 5v5, and cp14 was for a while the most called on map, though not so much now that the thrill of having a new map is gone.

ospctf2 has worked *okay* but tends to be low scoring, and there's a couple of map bugs.

q3ctf2 is interesting, but with 5v5 it's a bit too much of a ffa.

The middle of the xpd map reminds me a lot of cp18, which is always just ffa on pubs. The flag room is kinda like cp9, but bigger, with the flag way at the back, so it'd be lower scoring. Though it's a railer and lgers dream (well, possibly a bit large for lg).

We tried cp12 in one of the nrctf seasons, but everybody hated it. Too many narrow corridors and the like.

S

son1ca

Yeh, I agree....if we do go with the xPd map, be prepared for some very low scoring, defence dominated games whch would be a shame in many ways. I know didly-squat about actual map making, but in map design, well, if a map has a large flag area plus a large middle ground its gonna be just played as mostly ffa in the middle and def rail heaven at the flag :[

If we must get rid of w1 (and we must :)), lets go with CP14 or at a push, the xPd one =]

M

mocha

i've never pushed biffy myself to include xpdctf1 in the league, i did it over the summer for something to do and hopefully come out with a decent map at the end of it :>

xpd themselves have provided a great deal of feedback but i did want comments from the ctf community itself as well.

i've been aware of the rail def nature of the flag room for a while and asked people for feedback (there were a few posts on qn over the last few months) which never really amounted to more than a few comments here and there about the potential rg wh0reage of the flag room.

i'm super busy with uni atm but i'm trying to make some time this weekend to finish the map in time for the league just incase it is included in the end.

thinking of reintroducing a haste (to give a haste/regen mix) to the PU room to perhaps eleviate some of the rail def nature of the flag but in saying that, flag to flag in secs in quite short, so i dunno.

also possibly adding a wall, semi like the one on w2 (but no where near as h00ge) on the stairs to the flag platform to reduce the fov for defs standing on the flag platform itself.

in the meantime,for those would would prefer xpdctf1 over cp14, if you do have any suggestions that arn't
"make it again", please feel free to send em along to me @ mocha@enmity.co.uk

thanks pour la votees

D

dancingcow

it's hard to really say what the difficulties are without actually seeing the game in a scrim (pickup games would do also) format.

The size of the open areas makes rocket launchers really weak, which a lot of the lower division clans depend on, though plasma spamming could be popular. Nearly all the spawns are very close to the flag room, which always makes it hard on offenses. A couple respawns in the corridors leading to the enemy base could help keep teams from shoving their entire team in the middle. I am undecided on whether the rg should be harder to get to - those teleporters seem a bit excessive, imo. The mid could be less open, especially for people watching from the high platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom