Barrysworld Freezetag Server

O

old.Swipe [KLESKS]

Barrysworld!

What have you done to your freezetag server? Admittedly I knew it would eventually be upgraded to 1.27 ultimately but you have ruined it completely by implementing 16 player slots, thus creating horrendous lag and a very unstable ping for many modemers. And why did you feel it necessary to change the config to a Rocket Launcher spawn? Has this been requested by the freezetag community? It appears all you have done is copied the very inadequate config from the Netgames Freezetag servers. Being an experienced Freezetager and having played on a wide number of Freezetag servers I can assure you that this config sux. If you feel the need to implement a Rocket Launcher config at least do your research and you would then discover that the config used on [IPD] Dev's Freezetag servers is by far the best, ask any Freezetager and without a doubt they will agree with you.

Swipe [KLESKS]

O

old.fallen

Agreed...

Not only does the config create lag for the low bandwidth players, but consider the mahem that takes place on any of the original Q3 maps, you spawn with RL, and basically no matter where you are there's gonna be an enemy near you, let the rocket/grenade spamming begin! Bah, this is freezetag, not deathmatch, why not check with the clans that frequent the server and try to get som input from them before messing up a server like this. And I agree with Swipe, Dev's config is at the moment the best in the ft community by far.

So my suggestion, either go back to 12 players and shotgun spawn, or go back to 12 players and use the same config as Dev. Either way, GO BACK TO 12 PLAYERS MAX. What we have now is a halfway attempt at a config that doesn't work...

fallen

Dev can be reached through IPD's site at http://www.ipdclan.com

O

old.Defender

I agree the new FT server setup sucks.

O

old.zombi

I am also in total agreement, the freezetag server sux!!! :(

M

MadEd

I agree as well, the present configuration sux big time :(

O

old.StingRay [de]

i have to agree with all postings, this server sucks now. Yesterday it was one of the best, but now :(

CU, i hope in a better BW Freeze Tag server soon

StingRay [de]

C

cro

Give me a chance! I've only just seen this thread! I'll talk to the guys tomorrow and get it all changed back. And personally, I'd like to see 16 player games of Freezetag - I reckon it would be great fun!

If you guys have any other requests, chuck em in my direction or post them here - I'm now the official BW FreezeTag Liason.

Most of you should know me by now :)

cro

O

old.zombi

Cro, what is the chance of barrysworld setting up a second port with freezetag on it??

C

cro

OK, the default weapons have been set back to Shotty only, and the two missing maps (ztn3dm1 and q3mexx1) have been replaced.

As for a second port - we'll see. The mod is certainly popular, but as normal, no guarantees.

O

old.Swipe [KLESKS]

Overkill map voting and 12 player slots

Hi Cro,

Is there any chance that the FT server can be returned to excatly as it was i.e. with the Overkill map, voting and 12 player slots?

Cheers

O

old.Swipe [KLESKS]

Sorry Voting and the Overkill map are there now but still 16 player slots unfortunately

O

old.Defender

Yes I agree 16 ppl slots is a bit over the top.
Might be ok on mods like q3f but for ft.
Lags me out like hell too :)
Starting with shotgun is good.
thx def

O

old.fallen

I have yet to play on BW since the change back, but big thanks to Cro and other admins for listening to the comments and acting so fast on it.

Still, I think the 16 player limit should be thought over, it'll be cool indeed when we get the huge TA maps. Apart from those I think dm11 and dm12 and possibly 14 are the only ones that can hold 16 players while maintaining a decent gameplay. Freeze has a lot of strategy that may be lost with having that many people running around you. And as mentioned before, the more players the higher strain on low-bandwidth connections.

Well, anyway, at least BW can be sure players speak up when there's something they dislike, and LOUDLY! :)

Again, thanks for listening and for the (uhm...sorry, but 2nd) best freezetag server in europe. :)

fallen

C

cro

Right - player slots should be dropped to 12 sometime today or first thing tomorrow morning. 16 players is a lot of fun, but as you say can have a lagging effect, even for me (on ADSL)

And second best? What's the best one?

cro

O

old.fallen

Ta Cro, my personal opinion is that at the moment Dev runs the best Freezetag servers in europe. Though I think if you count the votes from all frrezetag clans and players in europe you'd see 3 servers come out on top, BW, Demon and Dev's. While all 3 perform well setups and maps are different on all servers aswell as the crowd that frequent them, so I think it's mostly a matter of taste which server to pick.

fallen

O

old.Defender

Hi ya,
I know players who play on demon and they say Demon has the best setup, others would say BW is the best, some would say IPD.

I like them all really :)

Personal perferences I would like to see myself.

(1). Starting with shotgun [BW] or all weapons [IPD] but not with only machines gun [DEMON].

(2). Player slots 10. 5v5 matches are atm on current id maps the best in my oppinion.

(3). When team scores the opposing team is reset/unfrozen like at BW or DEMON but atm not at IPD.

(4). The wining team get to keep armour/weapons etc..The reason I like this is because if I have just spent 5 minutes runing round map getting arnmour/weapons etc.. and my teams scores its a bummer to then go back and restart runing around looking for armour etc..I like to consentrate on the main thing fragging :)

thats my penies worth cu Def

O

old.Swipe [KLESKS]

Good points Def,

Cro why is Bw still 16 players...? U said u would change this... 16 totally sux and is really peeing everyone off. Please change it as its impossible to play with 300 ping and is ruining the popularity of ur server.

C

cro

Slots are back down to 12 at a server level :) Sorry for the delay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom