BarrysWorld Corp

W

whipped

Is anyone thinking of setting up a BarrysWorld Corp?

Also, is there a months free trial when you buy the game?

I never really got past the tutorial in the beta, but this game does intrige me an awful, awful lot. Think I may go and buy it now actually.

W

whipped

Just bought it and the nice guy in GAME made a big point of making sure I knew it was only online and that there was a subs package.

I flashed my BarrysWorld T-Shirt and he promptly shut up. Nice of him to tell me though. I could have been a noob.

T

tris-

well ive only been playing a day and im very disapointed by it :(
1. loads of bugs - i got no sound except music, no amount of restarting will do anything to fix it.
2. half the game isnt even implemented yet
3. cant take it back because its an online game
:(

E

envenom

n3wbie explain in detail please loads of buggs? explain

half the game is'nt implemented yet? explain again

T

tris-

to name a few - sciene skill tree doesnt work, one of the ones doesnt either, alot of the stuff in the manual isnt in the game yet i.e. selling bookmarks, cant do research for companies, cant do reverse engineering.

E

envenom

aye but comon? it does'nt really effect the game atm at all and your beginning to sound like one of the whinners on the offical forums ;/

C

Custy

yeah, this wud piss me off if i knew i wud play the game for a few weeks then get bored of it but this is going to be a i will stick with for a long time :)

T

tris-

rah just flew for 30 mins to get a cargo expander thingy, turns out it only adds 18 space, cant fit crap all into that :puke:

X

Xtro

whipped I'd gladly join a BW corp m8.

Xtro is as I've said before on another thread - a gimped char - so I'm playing Xtronicus.

I've ditched the n00b ship and am quietly mining away with my tormentor and x2 mining laser 1's atm. I know I could go off and fight some pirates like Tom but I cba. I play this while I'm watching a film or something so like the money to roll in easy and not fight atm :)

J

Johnny Bravo

Barrysworld corp sounds cool...anyone got enough skill and muulah to actually start a corp??

In the meantime I think we should organise a private channel, if the first person to play starts a barrysworld channel, then when we start to play try and join it.....if its not there then start it yourself....if u get my jist :)

C

Custy

aye, this game will be better the more people you know in the EVE universe.

O

Olgark

Originally posted by n3wbie
well ive only been playing a day and im very disapointed by it :(
1. loads of bugs - i got no sound except music, no amount of restarting will do anything to fix it.
2. half the game isnt even implemented yet
3. cant take it back because its an online game
:(

Advanced Clones and insurance for ships is not in the game yet but they will be soon, but no one as of yet needs them.

The game is only 2 weeks old in terms of being released and it has less bugss and more content than Camelot did. With over 5000 solar systems to explore this is one big game.

If you dont want to pick up your cargo expanders ect make up a mission so that you will pay someone to go and pick it up for you. And 15% extra cargo space is alot when you have a probe.

My sound also dissapears but then the game needs a 12 channel sound card and I only got a shity VIA onboard chipset.

Give it time and work round the things that are missing like Interbus, clones, blah blah....... This game is for gamers that like to think long term stratgey and not just a twitch shoot 'em up or hack and slash like your other online games.

Been 2 weeks so far mining and think its great got over 1million ISK probe and a shit load of weapons/ammo. going to get the skills i want and the ship equipment blue prints then set too and make them all. Cheaper in the long run as then you can sell off the extra stuff. Then go out bounty hunting and doing contracts for big corperations.
I got a plan for the next 2 months about what I am going to be doing in the game with my own goals and targets laid down.

Just to give you a example. 5 years on UO has bugs, just this year they implemented the necromancy skills.
4 years for EQ and they still have bugs
Dark Age of Camelot....and 1 year in Mythic is still class balancing and fixing bugs ( nerfs more like it)
N.B some of the years maybe wrong but you see my point ?

T

tris-

suppose its getting more fun now. just joined a mining corp who sell to members for 25% of the NPC price. getting an imicus for 50k instead of about 200k or what ever it is. also got a big mining operation going on and funding to get blue prints for one the titan ships:clap:

X

Xtro

I've got a probe now (trained for it although I am Amarr) and a tormentor as backup just in case my probe bites the dust.

Made about 500K and am slowly exploring.

But...I haven't had ANY interraction with any other person apart from the newbie corp chat channel which well...say no more.

Whilst I'm enjoying it I'm also left thinking I might as well be playing X Beyond The Frontier if this is the most social interraction I'm going to get :(

T

Tom

Everyone here join BARRYSWORLD in their chat window. I'm on there (Tomm), as is Johnny (Sundog)

Users who are viewing this thread