Barrysworld 1337 server

• Thread starter old.[MMX]NinjaGaz
  • Start date
O

old.[MMX]NinjaGaz

Right. Unreal Tournament is getting quite old now. A lot of people find it boring to play on public servers because of the standard and some of the things they do.. spam, spawn camp, etc.

Lets be honest, it is more fun to play against higher class opposition than to play newbies.

What I would like is a new server like some of the old classic ones. Anyone is free to enter, but we dont make it publically aware.. and password it. A bit complicated.. but the main effort is to create a server that will be available for good players in the UT community to come and play against good players. If we publicise it well enough - which I think I can, we could be having some fantastic games on it.

Putting a vote mutator on it would help too. I would say that having the server set to DM or TDM is best as everyone can play those.

I think it is a very good idea and Borg tells me servers could be available for it. What does everyone think about this? Ideas on how it should be set up? If it is needed and the like? :)

I hope it takes off.. will make playing much more fun again :)

Be even better if we could have a DM and CTF server for the "1337". Classic servers in the making - need to give it a cool name :)

O

old.Luap2

Damn good idea.

To give the "right" people access on this l337 server general publicity would only serve in giving newbies and prats the ip, port and pw. Instead it could be invitation only or at least people propose themselves and they must be sponsored by a recognised person or persons who have been playing for a while and could be considered l337.

In case your wondering, sometimes I'm l337, sometimes I'm just h0p3l355

Luap.

O

old.[MMX]NinjaGaz

Yeah sounds good :) Although people are likely to pass the password and port number to friends and the like but that shouldn't matter too much.

By 1337 I basically mean those who have matured in the game - have good skills and a grown up attitude. They are less likely to spam, more likely to give tougher competition, and will just be.. um.. great :)

He he.

T

Testin da Cable

ahh, but how will the chaff be sifted from the corn then?

-tdc

L

luap

With the great threshing machine that is word of mouth and peer agreement :D

O

old.[MMX]NinjaGaz

Its not a case of keeping newbies out. Basically.. all the big clans and players will be told about the server. Server IP and server password. We then hope that they use this server as their favourite.

I cant say that we wont get newbies or dummies on. Point is.. if we get a spammer and a few people want him off they say and they get banned. If newbies come on - fine.. they'll leave pretty soon :)

Its just somewhere so that when someone thinks "I want a game of competitive DMing or CTFing" they know exactly the best place to go.

I think if word gets round it will be excellent.

F

ferral

Good idea. Then i could really boost my stats :)

One other thing. Now that all the clans have access to the bookable servers, can you remove the shite maps from the public servers.

The barrysworld servers empty every time Cybrosis ][ comes on.
I suggest a rotation of

Coret
Face
November
Lava
Dreary
Hydro

um, so do it NOW!!! :)

O

old.Maximus

sounds good to me, but still...how would a newbieclan at BW (like DTF) know where the server is?....im just new here, and i can imagine that no big BW-clan knows me/DTF, and would tell me about the server...lol...eventhough i would surely like to play on it to see if i can manage...:)

O

old.[SoD]Lady-Valvinas

Think about this

This sounds wonderful. But is this server going to have mutators, what are they going to be, can we vote on them? It should DEFINITELY have the CSHP mutator on it!

Grand idea & clan SoD will be honored to be a part of this 133t Server. We can hold our own.

http://clansod.co.uk

Please sign the petition to ban aimbots from Unreal Tournament.

http://www.aimbots.do.not.0wn.org

Thanks a ton.

[SoD]Lady-Valvinas

O

old.[MMX]NinjaGaz

I'm not gonna be the man who decides who is "1337" or not. The server will define its own regulations.. however I'm sure Snipers of Death would be asked to stop sniping he he.

I'm gonna talk a bit more to Jace and we could issue the information on Barrysworld mailing system. The information server password and the like is freely distributeable. I'm sure we all know what sort of people we want on the server. Anybody who is caught offending any players will simply be kicked through admins or through voting.

The CSHP mutator would definately be on. I am looking to get the vote mutator too.

O

old.pttp-rincewind

Just an idea but couldn't you have a few servers..e.g. CTF one for Div1 & Div2 clans and one for Div 3 & Div 4 clans...same for DM. Password & port number is only given to clan leaders in that clan & changed once a season. That way you'd get opposition of around your own standard....and we're not getting into an argument about who is 133t & who isn't

O

old.[MMX]NinjaGaz

Seems theres not much change of this happening now :|

Maybe they can change the current servers.

Although I dont mind playing Cybrosis][ most people hate it and leave the server. The servers should be restricted to the ones ferral said + Orbital :)

and increased to 12 players so that theres more chance somebody will play on them. I used to use them all the time. They used to have lots of good players on them.. now its very rarre that I use them. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom