BarrysSquad for all your Vanguard needs

X

Xtro

BarrysSquad are an NC outfit on Werner made up of..suprisingly enough...players from Barrysworld.

Deadmanwalking and Deady are the main llama...er I mean commanders so its up to them to pimp some more on here.

I'm sure they don't mind me posting that we are looking for new members who remember its a game, don't cry "nerf!" or "zerg!" and generally play well and have fun.

Over to the dead's to get p1mping but msg them (or failing that me (Xtro)) ingame :)

O

Old_Bean

Count me in, I'll ditch the Outfit I'm in now, could do with teaming up with people I actually "know" if you know what I mean.

And, coincidentally, NC happens to be my RL name initials. How, um, un-spooky is that?

X

Xtro

Spooky :)

Excellent! I'll be on tonight from about 7pm mate. Only condition is that you must like cookies as they are given out with tea after base captures.

Cya tonight fingers crossed :)

O

Old_Bean

I'll be on from 4pm (finish early)

And how am I spending my time at work?
Well I've nicked a PC that was being trashed, and I'm now setting it up to act as a Teamspeak server.

I'll try it out when I get home.... Then the outfit could use it if they wanted.

Be warned though, the PC is only a lowly P90 so this could be a very quick test.

D

Deadmanwalking

We offer vanguards and fat limbs for the extra special amongst us :)

D

Deady

Why join a rabbly, pink empire when you can join the elite fighting forces of the Barrysquad (NC Division).

Maybe a life in Deadys 1st Armoured division is for you, or just a simple career in Deadmanwalking's Grunt Platoon.

You'll find your ideal role, in BARRYSQUAD.

A

arien

Heya Guys,

i'm know i'm not allowed to join cos i'm not an old skool bw peon (however much i want to :p) but i wanna say how great the members of this outfit are and i wish em all good n00b killing in the future ;) (specially the "Dead Twins")

Regards,
Suicide.

D

Deadmanwalking

RAR ....

thats not the prob m8 u can join just i cant be the one to make the decision :p or Sir3n will kill me. I have to talk to the "others"

A

arien

ok thanks man really apretiated :D!

Tell me what the "others" say :p

Regards,
Suicide.

A

arien

lmfao i'd rather not know about the "behind scenes" of the leadership ;).

j/k there is no rush on this btw, GCSE's are more important atm.

O

Old_Bean

Thanks to DeadManWanking for the invite last night.

I did get on at 4:30 and messaged him, but he was obviously busy at the time, then I promptly went LD for 2 hours.

Anyway, by 8 o'clock I caught up with him again, and got an invite, unfortunately my wife then arrived home from work and I had to be her bitch for the rest of the night (highly enjoyable it was too).

I think the last Outfit I was in (First and Only - nice bunch but lacked discipline when I was squad leader) may be a bit pissed they lost a quality (ahem) player. But hey-ho, their loss, your gain.

Can't wait to squad with you lot, but I think I might have to. RL things to do for a bit, I might get a couple of hours tonight and tommorow night. Busy weekend too but It'll work itself out I'm sure.
Oh BTW Onion is my main char, and Teflon is my second, I'll /Tell someone when I have Teflon on next.

X

Xtro

Welcome to the outfit mung :)

I didnt log on until after the footy, but was glad I did. NC were trying to hack Ran on Esamir (it was TR's) and it was a decent battle and then....over the hills to the left roll the VS weeeee :clap:

I think last night's fight was the most enjoyable I've had. So much fun to gank snipers from behind and run them over in tanks \o/

Anyway see you ingame :)

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Cronn
Can I join BarrysSquad?

Pretty please?

Have a chat with deadmanwalking or Deady tonight mate. I'll be in the pub :)

O

Old_Bean

So why won't you let alts in?
It seems like you'll be cuting your own nose off.
After all, having characters to fill different roles makes your squad more flexible, not to mention the accumulated outfit points garnered from each alt.

I have only two main alts at the moment, and I intend to play both in equal ammounts, one is in Barrys Squad the other's not. You're going to miss out.

X

Xtro

I didn't even know we weren't letting alts in (not that its up to me anyway).

O

Old_Bean

Aye, DMW told me at lunchtime, not taking alts.

D

Deadmanwalking

Sigh...... my exact words were "Id prefer if i could avoid taking alts" as atm most outfits are swelling with vast vast numbers of people. Now id rather have a smaller outfit that i know whos who and they know each other.

O

Old_Bean

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
Sigh...... my exact words were "Id prefer if i could avoid taking alts"

Don't sigh DMW.

You said exactly that, correct.
But as you didn't give an explanation, what was I to think.

As you now have given an explanation, I can see your point.
Maybe as you become familiar with your outfit members, maybe you'll open it up to alts.

When I was playing DAOC, I found it handy to write down my fellow guild members names and alts so that I could keep on top of things. Pen and paper eh? Whatever next?

O

Old_Bean

Aye well, you run a guild/outift you pays the price.
You're a manager now.
You got people under you and responsibilities to them.

X

Xtro

I think its time we got a site - or at least a forum running.

/prods dmw and Deady.

D

Deadmanwalking

Thats what i have been thinking.. any webdesign whizzes? i could but it would be a tad shit

X

Xtro

Well seeing as its a BARRYSWORLD squad (tm) maybe we can mug the powers that be? ;).

A forum for starters would be nice anyway - thats more important than site imo.

W

Will

I'll sort out a forum tomorrow for you all. Website...not this month, if you still need one in July, I'll do it then.

You are going to let me join, right?

Users who are viewing this thread