Rant Barrymore.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Just been watching Strike it Rich/Lucky on Challenge.

I would like to stick up for Barrymore, there hasn't been such a great game show host as him since the legend that was Monkhouse. His chat with the contestants is still very funny.

I quite liked the good game shows like the above and Family Fortunes and of course Bullseye, I wish they would bring at least a couple of them back it would be a damn site better telly than all this reality bullshit and I don't bloody want the new Bullseye without Jim Bowen :eek:

Now I know they found a dead bummer in his pool but who is to say it was Barrymore that killed him, I say he got drugged up and possibly bummed then went for a swim to clean his arse or something then drowned.

I say bring back Barrymore, if bloody Elton John is still popular why isn't Barrymore?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I like Barrymore myself. Always thought he was funny and made some good TV shows. Personally I think society lashed out at him without knowing the full facts. Such is life.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
I take it you mean Michael and not Drew? :D

Don't really like him, he's somewhat of an idiot, but then i don't particulary like the basil faulty/life of brian type humour anyways.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Can't stand him. His whole schtick is like nails on a blackboard to me. But then I am in insufferable snob who reaches for the remote whenever he hears the words "family entertainment" and thinks members of the public should be kept as far away as possible from TV cameras.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Can't stand him. His whole schtick is like nails on a blackboard to me. But then I am in insufferable snob who reaches for the remote whenever he hears the words "family entertainment" and thinks members of the public should be kept as far away as possible from TV cameras.
DaGaffer for PM.

Everz

FH is my second home

It's time like this where this icon makes sense --> :worthy:

taB

Part of the furniture
I too wish to register interest in DaGaffer's party broadcast which will be shown after the news at some ridiculous hour.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
Now I know they found a dead bummer in his pool but who is to say it was Barrymore that killed him, I say he got drugged up and possibly bummed then went for a swim to clean his arse or something then drowned.

I say bring back Barrymore, if bloody Elton John is still popular why isn't Barrymore?

FUCKING LOL trem :lol:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!

I suppose my point on this is that its telly that isn't made anymore, love it or hate it I miss it. Its just that if theres nowt on and I am flicking through I could pass half an hour watching Bullseye or some such programme.

I know it isn't great telly, it sure as hell didn't come close to the early X-Files or The Sopranos but it is homely type of telly, it made me feel snug.

Having said all of the above there still isn't a programme made that could even come close to Minder.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I suppose my point on this is that its telly that isn't made anymore, love it or hate it I miss it. Its just that if theres nowt on and I am flicking through I could pass half an hour watching Bullseye or some such programme.

I know it isn't great telly, it sure as hell didn't come close to the early X-Files or The Sopranos but it is homely type of telly, it made me feel snug.

Having said all of the above there still isn't a programme made that could even come close to Minder.

I think a lot of the problem is that family entertainment shows aren't produced anymore because there isn't a 'family' audience anymore

back in the 70's and 80's you had 3/4 TV channels and satuday nights viewing was a family thing, you would all sit down and watch Seaside Special or Sunday Night At The Palladium, but family values have changed, and kids are either out drinking cider or hooked up to the PS3 (hi Deebs).

Not to mention there are over 200 channels of crap now all craving the viewing figures. It makes me laugh when you hear the old entertainers saying things like 'in my day we uesd to get 15 million watching us on a Satuday night' of course you bloody did, because there was nothing else to watch or do

People like Barrymore and Monkhouse (god rest his comedy genius soul) didnt have the competition like they do today, cos kids dont want 50yr olds trying to entertain them, they want bloody Fern (chav) Cotton and Holly (funny face) Willoughby

How many of you parents actually sit down with your kids and have a proper Sunday family dinner? not many i bet

Times change

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*roasts Edmond's potatoes*

:D

P.S. FFM is on tonight!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Damb right, yorkshire pud too, bring back family values :(

Users who are viewing this thread