Barrybeer Edinburgh

E

ECA

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
and maybe me ;)

hrm probably will recognise half the people at the pub if any are regulars. (well if they have been for the past few years - I've not been in much recently)

Anyone that graduated in 2000 or so anyway :)

You'll be the one with the huge beard you could hide children in, walk around with a warhammer board and look like

det_t.jpg

You do play DAOC dont you?

W

Will

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
if yer dob on here is correct yer only 2 years older than me :)

ok, probably no 'oh its you?' moments then :)
Going out on a limb here, but is your name James?

K

kasyx

Will - What IRC server/room? And are you a regular at the Tavern? I'm there almost every week on Wednesday.

K

kasyx

Sure is. Probably know people who know people who know you. Law of seven or whatever it is.

W

Will

Originally posted by kasyx
Will - What IRC server/room? And are you a regular at the Tavern? I'm there almost every week on Wednesday.
Well, Quakenet #barrybeer is the official channel, but its not seen much life as the usual crowd aren't coming (since the usual beer is in London). My nick on IRC is Will, so you can message me pretty much anytime today or tomorrow...if its during the day tomorrow, join #game.ofp, since I'll be running another nick to monitor the channel while I play the weekly big Op Flash game.

W

Will

And I'm not a regular at the Tavern. I used to be a semi-regular at its sister pub, The Cauldron, but I've been getting a bit boring in my old age, and don't go out drinking so often.

Wednesday...LUG? If so, you'll know my flatmates brother.;)

K

kasyx

LUG? *looks confused* And yeah, The Cauldron was good. Till it went. If you go into GAME on Princes Street at all, you've probably met me. I work there.

W

Will

I tend to only go to that one occasionally...I work near the Gyle. Ah well, come down and add some officialness.;)

LUG = Linux Users Group...I think they meet there once a month on Wednesday. Not that I would know that sort of thing.

T

Tenko

Love to go but as going to Edinburgh actually means visiting my Mother In-law, I'd rather cut myself with razors and get my self commited.

Here's to the next one :)

K

kasyx

Will - I will do. I'll see if there's anything I can grab from head office about things, though we most likely get it here first hand anyway. Eventually, once I've talked to the regional manager (who was big on me doing game.net) I'm going to do things for the region, and I'll see if I can setup a LAN party or something at the companys expense. :-D

W

Will

Originally posted by Tenko
Love to go but as going to Edinburgh actually means visiting my Mother In-law, I'd rather cut myself with razors and get my self commited.

Here's to the next one :)
You don't have to tell her you are going.;)

And kasyx...you need to beat the last Barrybeer, who gave out every piece of Barrysworld gear ever made. We need at least 300 beer mats to come close.;)

L

luap

Thought I'd say have fun and hope to see you in London in the Summer for BBeer summer 2003 :clap: :clap:

L

luap

Only if they put a big lump of folding behind the bar :)

W

Will

Thats the spirit.

What I really need are some GAME beermats for this. Any chance?

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Will.
Thats the spirit.

What I really need are some GAME beermats for this. Any chance?

probably somewhere between none and feck all ;)

W

Will

I've still got 25 BW beermats...I guess they'll have to do.

F

Flimgoblin

Going out on a limb here, but is your name James?

bah I can't even make it on saturday :( got to drive up to the mountains for me brother's birthday :(

waaah I wanna beermat.

W

Will

Well, I have no idea who you are, so that solves that one.

Shame you can't make it.:mad:

Edit : there was a photo, but its gone now.

F

Flimgoblin

I tend to only go to that one occasionally...I work near the Gyle. Ah well, come down and add some officialness.;)

LUG = Linux Users Group...I think they meet there once a month on Wednesday. Not that I would know that sort of thing.

they used to - couple of friends of mine were in that (Ronan and Euan) a couple of years ago.

Avoided it like the plague myself :)

F

Flimgoblin

Well, I have no idea who you are, so that solves that one.

Shame you can't make it.:mad:

Edit : there was a photo, but its gone now.

yeah was moving it to be in context :)

no doubt we know people that know people that know each other (can't avoid it in edinburgh really)

F

Flimgoblin

oh well :( when's the next barrybeer edinburgh then? :)

next time TdC is over?

W

Will

Damn, you spammer, I can't keep up.

This being the first ever, its hard to say. Probably at least 6 months, since there is one on in London in the summer.

X

Xtro

Breaking news - I won't be there :(. I have to work this weekend but spookily enough it looks like I WILL be in Edinburgh later in April if anyone wants a beer.

F

Flimgoblin

yeah, 6 months is about manageable - more than that and it gets silly.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Xtro
Breaking news - I won't be there :(. I have to work this weekend but spookily enough it looks like I WILL be in Edinburgh later in April if anyone wants a beer.

Could do a not-quite-barrybeer

or a mini-barrybeer?

W

Will

Its looking like a "Will goes to the pub with a couple of mates, and a few people he doesn't really know will be showing up" rather than a Barrybeer.:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom