Barrels

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
[Yes, it's me again. Don't worry - back at school soon, and I won't have time to bore y'all with this sort of stuff]

Just in case there are players, like me, who feel that the cost of barrels on cms is way ott, you might like to try making your own. As usual, Mythic instructions read like a poor translation from a mediaeval Grimoire, so I thought I'd set out just how to go about it.

Legendary Alchys need read no further....:)

I'll take as an example the Improved Barrel of Healing, usable from lvl 30 up. The quantities are for making 1 full barrel of 100 charges.

1. Get a toon to the required alchemy level for the Elixir you want to make (in this case 579)

2. Take everything out of their back-pack except the Alchemy Kit (still needed in this patch)

3. Buy enough ingredients to make 121 Elixirs/Potion/Whatever. In this case you need 121 of Watery Distill, Earthen Distill and Powdered Blood Root.
Drag the Potion Icon to a spare slot on your Crafting quickbar.

{You only get 100 charges tho : remember this is a GoA-thing - idea : good(ish); implementation : you'll have to say something daft; result : not as good as it might have been. Remember the Teleport Stones?}

For crafting, I like to have an in-house vendor - in this case Potions, Tinctures and Enchantments.

4. Make 2 macros :

a. /macro Glass /say In Shazam Tadam!

(exactly like that - iirc there is no space between the last m and the exclamation mark)

b. /macro Loc /faceloc 39038 51163

5. Go to the Old Alchemist - slip out of the Jordheim Assembly Hall behind the Server Changer.

6. Buy :
1 enchanted seed (per barrel you are going to make)
1 Alchemist's Billhook
11 Trapped lightning (per barrel)

7. Port from Jordheim to Gotar. Just to the North of the Apprentice Porter, you will see lots of the Animated Earth - you need to have name labels set to visible (Shift-N) to see them.
a. Drop an Enchanted Seed on to one of these. It will grow into an Enchanted (or Brightwood) Seedling.
b. Equip the Billhook in a weapon slot and attack the seedling. You will get a sound effect and a piece of Brightwood will appear in your Inventory.

8. Port to Aegirhamn, cross the river by the bridge and turn left up the beach.
a. Use the /faceloc macro to get you to the right spot and a pop-up message will appear telling you you're where you need to be. Don't click ok.
b. Click the other macro and you should see one of the Trapped Lightnings change into Rough Glass (green)

(You will see a message in the system messages screen that this has happened. Tho you may also see a lightning bolt and be told there is a tremendous thunderbolt, there is no sound effect. Duh!)

c. Keep clicking until you've changed all 11 into Rough Glass.

9. Back to Jordheim.
a. Go to Koparens Markenard and speak to the Cooper (in the merchants tents near the back gate). Give him the Brightwood and he'll change it to your Empty Barrel.
b. Go to the Smithy outside the Teetering Tomte. Speak to the Glass Blower. Give him the Rough Glass and he'll convert it to 11 Empty Bottles. Do NOT let him do anything else with them.

10. Back to the Old Alchy and sit between him and the Alch Table.

11. Click your potion icon and make a pot, do this until you have 11.

12. Give the old guy an empty bottle and he'll give you back an Uncorked Bottle.

13. Repeat until you have 11 Uncorked Bottles.

14. Give the Alchy the Empty Barrel and he'll put the Uncorked Bottles in it for you.

15. And there you have it - a Barrel of Improved Healing with 100 charges.

{If you ever need to use just a bottle of 10 charges, you will need to get it Corked by the Glass Blower. It's then useless for making a Barrel tho.}

Note : I've done this from memory. Everything may not be exactly as described, but it will be close.

Old Camelot Folklore : Never pay 2p for something you can make for 100g and a bit of spare time.

kivik

Part of the furniture
A lvl40 endurance heal barrel costs 304g 10s to make, should take ~45min to make.

And last time I made a barrel I had to say 'In Shazam Tadam !' with a space between last M and !.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
In Shazam Tadam!
(exactly like that - iirc there is no space between the last m and the exclamation mark)

Apparently there is a space. Told you it was from memory. iirc=If I Remember Correctly; so I didn't. Sry

Lvl 30 Improved barrels aren't as costly as Lvl 40 Strong versions, and Folklore just aint what it used to be...

illu

Part of the furniture
Really good info - such lots of work for a barrel!
It would be nice if you could do it once to "learn" the ability, then /use barrel making education - and then go afk while your toon makes a barrel for you over the next 45mins.
Too much of this game is nasty repetition. Making Crafters is soul destroying!
When I have nothing else to do I'll try and make a few bits of armour for people or thid toons, but if I could do it while away from the PC, that would be great! :> Unfortunately RvR draws me in 99% of the time, but I will try and make somemore armour soon.....

Oli - Illu

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Now, when you see the work it is with them. You sorta understand the price. Its nothing you even wanna think about massproducing.

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, the high prices on barrels have nothing to do with the material costs. Barrels are just a pain to make (even when you get the hang of it). Especially haste and end reg barrels which require twice the amount of potions to make.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Persoanlly I jsut carry a pair of lvl20 mp leatherboots with haste charges on. All I do is buy haste recharge stuff for alchemist and recharge in the field. :p Bad part is if you get PAed while using them (yes it has happened).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom