Music Barker, Pip, Borland & That bloke from Nine Inch Nails.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This could either be good, or a 2013 version of linkin park.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have faith in The Pip making it good. as to the other guys I am not sure. could be the Great American Sellout as far as I'm concerned :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Aoami said:
This could either be good, or a 2013 version of linkin park.

No no no do not diss everything about Linken Park. I absolutely love minutes to midnight, superb album.

I'm interested though in the above collaboration... Not holding much hope though, after all I hate disappointment!

rynnor

Rockhound
Drummer from Blink 182 which wiki describes as coming from the southern cal punk scene of the early 90s yet Punk was dead by the end of the 80s???

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nu Punk shit, think Green day*, Linkin Park and all that bollocks.

*Although Dookie was an excellent album.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
It is the best members from each band I guess, and Pip is brilliant, I'm remaining sceptical though.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Drummer from Blink 182 which wiki describes as coming from the southern cal punk scene of the early 90s yet Punk was dead by the end of the 80s???
Pop Punk as its more commonly known is extremely popular even today.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
We get it rynnor; you're old. :)

Barker is a fantastic drummer (or he was 15 odd years ago). If the more talented bits of NIN were involved I might get excited (Lohner hasn't been with them for well over 10 years).

I just can't get excited about Scroobius Pip.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He was one of two survivors in a plane "crash" a few years ago (a tyre failed on takeoff iirc so the plane never got off the ground, it crashed across a road into an embankment). The other guy has since died from an overdose.

rynnor

Rockhound
We get it rynnor; you're old. :)

Its great - I can remember back in the early days of the commoditisation of music :)

Nowadays its all "give me 4 units of boyband and check the focus group results on the new band name"

Gwadien

Its great - I can remember back in the early days of the commoditisation of music :)

Nowadays its all "give me 4 units of boyband and check the focus group results on the new band name"
What about Cream?

Barker is Punk in the sense that he won't be pushed about, tbh, if you look at their background story, I'd imagine it was one of them contacting each other saying fancy giving this a shot? Rather than a record label saying 'Guys, do this, you'll get loads of interest.'

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
He's probably right with regards to mainstream chart music, just about any other genre or sub genre he couldn't be more wrong though.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Because people who are old and out of touch think that music is only the stuff they hear on radio 1 in the morning, or on x-factor.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Plenty of decent stuff about that isn't in the charts or part of the radio 1 crowd.

I'm old too :(

Gwadien

Plenty of decent stuff about that isn't in the charts or part of the radio 1 crowd.

I'm old too :(
Yet you totally oppose this, even though it has the possibility of tickling every taste bud, then again, it could be shit, but optimism dies with age too.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Limp Bizkit and Blink 182 are probably amongst the most commercial bands to come out of America :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
So? Wes Borland and Travis Barker massively respected musicians of regardless of what bands they have been bin

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'm immediately uninterested whenever I see anything relating to Limp Bizkit, but that's mostly Fred Durst's fault so I guess I shouldn't write this off.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
fred-durst-toilet.jpg

Fred Durst releasing some new material.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
It could be interesting... it could be shit. Depends on where they go with it. I'm for one is quite fed up with the hip-hop metal fusion that's been around for the last 10-ish years. Having a rapper (spoken word artist... hah! :rolleyes: ) doing the lyrics (i assume) with three punk/rock/alternative musicians does smell like the same old shit that's been around for a while now.

rynnor

Rockhound
Because people who are old and out of touch think that music is only the stuff they hear on radio 1 in the morning, or on x-factor.

Mainstream music is that exactly. I quite like folk stuff performed live but I'm more of a Mozart man these days. Music ideally without words which touches you on an emotional level without engaging the language centre of the brain.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
rynnor said:
Mainstream music is that exactly. I quite like folk stuff performed live but I'm more of a Mozart man these days. Music ideally without words which touches you on an emotional level without engaging the language centre of the brain.

Seriously though Mozart ??? Little overrated though... If you want to really touch emotions try Rachmaninoff - variations on a theme by Paganini, Mossorsky night on a bare / bald mountain / pictures at an exhibition etc etc or if you are really adventurous Messiaen and his use of the octatonic scale.... ;)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Plenty of modern instrumental music as well.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Rap is great, but sure about all the screamy metal shit though. Hopefully pip can save this project.

If you think the above is serious your are a tool, as much of one as some of the idiots that have posted here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom